Bisexuality

Hi to couples out there that might read this.
When I read profiles of couples I notice that many state that one is bisexual and other straight. So how does that work? Does one continue to enjoy same sex liaisons in private? Openly with consent? Do you enjoy together?
Im bi but my partner is straight and is against the idea of two guys together. So out of respect I have kept the two areas of sexuality apart.
How does it work for you ?

This topic was edited
RE:Bisexuality

I'm gay, my ex was bi. We were monagamous.

Sexuality and preferred relationship model are two different things. Monosexual people can have non monogamous relationships, bisexual people can have monagamous relationships, whatever works for the people involved.

That being said, I wouldn't date someone who's against the idea of two guys together (or any other combination of genders)

This post was edited

Hi to couples out there that might read this.When I read profiles of couples I notice that many state that one is bisexual and other straight. So how does that work? Does one continue to enjoy same sex liaisons in private? Openly with consent? Do you enjoy together?Im bi but my partner is straight and is against the idea of two guys together. So out of respect I have kept the two areas of sexuality apart.How does it work for you ?
I guess it depends on whether you are in a monogamous relationship. If you are, then what difference does it make if one of you is bi? No different to staying monogamous if you are both straight, gay or whatever.

This post was edited

I'm bi and my wife is aware and comfortable that I explore this side of my sensuality/sexuality. Through TN and TS I have met some lovely new friends. I can't wait to be out of the lockdown closet. I realise I am a lucky man.

This post was edited

I have a friend who is bisexual. His wife is aware and totally open to having me in their home for him to play with. She knows he has a desire to be with another guy and she would rather him do it in front of her rather than in secret. Sometimes she will go out for the evening and leave us alone, other times she stays home and leaves the bedroom for us. Occasionally she will even sit in the bedroom reading a book while we play in the bed.

This post was edited

Thank you for your replies.
Yes I understand if youre in a monogamous relationship that what does it matter, but if you enjoy same sex activity is one not true to themselves if they dont pursue those desires?
Yes youre lucky guys that the ladies in your life except and encourage.

This post was edited

It's not about being true to yourself, it's about being honest about what you want.

If you want a relationship with a woman, but also want sex with men, find a woman who's okay with it.

This post was edited

Yes I understand if youre in a monogamous relationship that what does it matter, but if you enjoy same sex activity is one not true to themselves if they dont pursue those desires.

But isnt being part of a monogamous relationship that you knowingly forego sexual activity outside that relationship? Whether it is with someone of the same sex as your partner or the opposite sex, Bisexuality doesnt change that commitment.
If you are male and in a monogamous heterosexual relationship and go and have sex with a woman then that is considered cheating. I dont see the difference if you go off and have sex with a man behind your partners back. Being true to yourself to justify it is just a pretty thin excuse, supposed you are married to a brunette but have always had a thing for red heads. Is it justification to occasionally go off with a red head because you are being true to yourself?
I am not passing moral judgement on monogamous/open relationships, straight/gay/bi sexuality. Each to his own and their choice, sexuality etc should be respected. But being true to yourself and your partner is being open and having the discussion. Not going behind their back and having a secret life.

This post was edited

This thread reminds me of a radio interview I heard. The person who was interviewed was a Roman Catholic priest who came out as gay and was facing being kicked out of the priesthood for that. His argument was that, like all the heterosexual priests, he'd taken a vow of chastity and and wasn't going to go back on that vow. He just wanted to be treated like any heterosexual priest who'd taken the same vow.

He asserted that he had known he was gay all along, and that he was going to secretly identify as gay even when he went into the priesthood. He didn't think it was a big deal. If he had taken a vow of chastity and been true to it, it shouldn't have made a difference whether he was gay or straight.

I thought he was right. And I don't know whether he got kicked out. That was many years ago, and I think the current Pope would be more sympathetic to his cause.

This post was edited

If the both of you don't mind sharing each other it's fine.

This post was edited

Yes I understand if youre in a monogamous relationship that what does it matter, but if you enjoy same sex activity is one not true to themselves if they dont pursue those desires.
But isnt being part of a monogamous relationship that you knowingly forego sexual activity outside that relationship?

There is not one kind of monogamy. There's romantic monogamy, sexual monogamy, serial monogamy, strict, loose, etc etc...

This post was edited