RE:When "reluctant wives/SO" turn nudist.

We'd skinny dipped in high school and later would get naked on a secluded beach, but she didn't go for social nudism. She said she didn't want to talk to people when she was naked, but would lay in the sun, nude, all day on a crowded beach. She likes our pool nude, but only with us. She won't go to any of the nude venues here in AZ, but is ok with any nude resort/beach in the Caribbean or Mexico. Go figure, I just don't get it. I'm with you guys, sometimes you just go with the flow. After a most 50 yrs of marriage, you'd a thunk I'd have her figured out. Ain't a gonna happen.

This post was edited

I lost my page this might be a repost. But anyway my ex and I both discussed this topic briefly three maybe four times or less. I was always hoping that it would go beyond the discussion phase and that we would both grab a hold of the idea and run with it. Not just because I was tired of doing laundry, laughing out loud but, I feel his husband and wife at that time we both could have jumped on board with this or 1,000% it never happened. To this day I still don't understand why. Because I like my profile states we came into the world naked or leave the world naked, what's there to hide?. Is it because bodies are no longer perfect Hollywood bodies, or ... Now, I am all about no clothes / no laundry / save the water.

This post was edited

My wife has been on a long journey with nudism and despite the photos on our profile, still doesnt fully embrace it.

Our first time was when I planned to go to a nudist beach i knew in Tenerife, I informed her on the way hoping shed be cool with it. Bad move... She arrived and while I stripped off she found herself frozen and despite giving it a go while her underwear dried from a trip to the sea, she clearly wasnt somebody who would take instantly to stripping off.

Since that initial day, Ive become more open about nudism and what it means to me and shes more and more accepting of that. Weve been on holidays to Costa Natura, Valalta, Vritomartis and many nude beaches in between. Holidays now are split, one week clothed, the other not. The way she puts it is that she likes her fashion too much to give it up. Id also say that it doesnt help that the nudist hotels and resorts are often older crowds and we like to have a drink and a late night.

Fast forward to today, shes said, if you want to meet nudist friends, go ahead and do it, Ill be happy to join you. Hence why weve set up this profile. Weve also found the odd occasion where weve had friends over, weve ended up stripping off and in the tub, but on returning to the house, the clothes go back on while I sometimes judge the mood and spend the rest of the evening naked (if the guests clearly dont mind).

What Id love is that she takes that carefree holiday naked attitude, the one where shell wander about naked all day, and just embraces it. Id love to get her to join me more frequently in the house or with friends, make it seem normal as a thing we do rather than I do, and hopefully get our friends to give it a go.

Anybody else had this journey?

This post was edited

Opposite for me. My wife will occasionally but rarely be nude with me in the house or pool, but will not even consider going to a public place that is clothing optional, even if she were to stay dressed. She won't even intentionally go to a place where women can be topless!

This post was edited

I have often thought that if I could at least ONCE get my wife to swim naked she would love it. Decades back, with this in mind, I scouted out the perfect lake where we could skinny dip while having a clear view of the approach to know for certain if anyone were coming towards us with risk of being seen. I thought I had the perfect opportunity for her to experience it and feel confident she would not be seen. She reluctantly agreed to go with me and we planned the trip. That day we got in the car and I began the 25-minute drive to the lake. During the drive I could tell she was getting nervous. She became so fidgety that I finally turned the car around and took us back home. Such a disappointment, having been so sure she would enjoy it if she at least tried, and that I had found the risk-free place for her to give it a try. What truly boggles my mind is that she generally wraps a towel around her when she comes out of the shower... when she and I are the only ones home. Go figure.

This post was edited

my wife and I started going to hot springs when we were first married, most of them were C/O.she would go naked at night but not in the daytime,I would go naked to all of them.Even early in the morning she would wear a suit.Towards the end of the first summer we went to a new hot spring that had two big pools and a sundeck between them .It also had benches to sit down at and in the water.We got up there in the early afternoon and there was 2 women soaking with no clothes on.My wife decided to join them and we all stayed naked for the rest of the day. She hasn't wore a suit since, we have found several spots on the river to go skinny-dipping and just hang out naked. She only regrets she didn't start sooner.

This post was edited

In response to post #29; I am nude pretty much 100% of the time. My wife is nude frequently in the motorhome but generally wears a coverup around the resort. We visited a small nudist retreat where she had planned on some nude time but fresh paint fumes in the cabins made us cancel after arrival. I am thankful she attends all the resorts with me & Ill wait patiently for her clothes free experience.

This post was edited

I wish I could get my wife to go, but she doesn't want to see anyone nude except me.

This post was edited

I wish I could get my wife to go, but she doesn't want to see anyone nude except me.Consider buying the book That Famous Fig Leaf, and giving it to her to read.

This post was edited

I just stumbled across this topic. I love it! I really do. I guess I could say, I only wish that my ex-husband would have thought the same as the rest of everybody here. Unfortunately, he did not. And so, Life goes on, in a whole new aspect without him. I guess I could say to, I really wish that this website was available in times past. But, it wasn't, and a very thankful to have everybody here to read ideas that everybody has spoke about. In doing so it gives people like me an opportunity to understand both sides of the story.. or stories.

This post was edited