RE:Oregon or Vermont

Did you try the links in this thread for more informtion about nudity in Oregon?
https://www.truenudists.com/forum/thread/112744/oregon-20-fun-places/last/

This post was edited

I'll check those out, but I'm not so much interested in going to a resort or beach or the like. I want to know about living nude. How reasonable is it to expect to be able to just be nude on my property -- whether anyone can see me or not. If I were to go for a long walk (off my property) would it be OK?

Although most National Forest is clothing-optional -- not so in Missouri. What about in Oregon? If I bought property that backed up to National Forest in Oregon, could I just walk off the back of my property right into National Forest about not have to be concerned about being arrested for nudity?

This post was edited

Homeowners insurance (fire) is another thing to look into. Many carriers have dropped insuring homes in the more forested or rural areas in Northern California and as I understand it,Oregon as well. After the fires of the last few years people are finding that new insurance is tough to find and is often 3 to 4 times what it had cost previously.Now, there's something I hadn't thought of. Thanks for the information. I will definitely check that out.

This post was edited

mensasnem wrote:

Although most National Forest is clothing-optional -- not so in Missouri.

I must correct you. According to this web site, nudity in ALL National Forests is illegal:

www.boondockersbible.com

261.2 Prohibitions ] Definitions Publicly Nude means nude in any place where a person may be observed by another person. Any person is nude if the person has failed to cover the rectal area, pubic area or genitals. A female person is also nude if she has failed to cover both breasts below a point immediately above the top of the areola. Each such covering must be fully opaque. No person under the age of 10 years shall be considered publicly nude.

This has been discussed elsewhere. In practice, being caught usually means getting off with a warning for a first offense. It also depends on whether that particular Ranger wishes to prosecute you on that particular day. Which means it's all the more important to make contact with the local naturist/nudist group and find out what goes on in a particular area.

Speaking of information on Oregon, these two links popped up on another thread. They may be dated, though, so don't hold them as gospel:

https://www.oregonlive.com/entertainment/2015/06/public_nudity_in_oregon.html

https://thatoregonlife.com/2016/07/20-places-get-naked-chill-oregon/

This post was edited

I currently live on the central Oregon coast and have for a number of years. the temperatures here average 55 -60 degrees most of the year. When it is hot in the Willamette valley (Portland, Salem, Eugene) people come over to cool off. I usually go east to warm up. Roseburg and Medford in the Southwest part of the state get hot in the summer and have some snow in the winter. People are pretty laid back in the western part of the state. There are nude resorts outside Eugene and near Portland both east and west. There are two clothing optional beaches near Portland, Sauvie Island (West) and Rooster Rock (East). Oregon has a few C/O hotsprings as well. All in all, it is a nice state to live in for nudists if you can find warm enough weather in the winter. Lots to do here. Income tax but no sales tax. Some like that.

I have not been to Vermont but would like to go at some point. I hear it is beautiful but can be cold in the winter. I also hear Vermont is laid back.

This post was edited

Quoted section about nudity in national forests is the definition of 'publically nude' not the actual prohibition. Each forest must specifically define when being nude is prohibited. It is universally prohibited in developed sites (though only if there is someone to see you). Elsewhere it depends on Supervisor Orders, which are usually available online. Nudity is generally accepted in designated wilderness areas, it is not an enforcement priority.
But, also be aware that local state and county ordinances are also in effect in national forests and BLM, but not national parks.

This post was edited

Oregon is a large and diverse state and so are it's politics and conservatism. Coastal and urban areas tend to be more liberal. The state tends to get more conservative as you head east.
Areas east of the Cascades (not the Sierra) are much more like the mid-west in their thinking. It also is much dryer, and much of it is not forested.

This post was edited

I would go with Vermont.

This post was edited