RE:Checking in to a Resort

I lay my shorts on top of my lap for the drive through when I get my reward shake after a nice walk on the beach. Easy.

This post was edited

Solair is the best!

This post was edited

I gave up the habit of driving without clothing when I found out a friend of a friend had been written up for indecent exposure after having been pulled over for a simple traffic violation with no clothes on. In Virginia, the law states that inside your car is considered in public, as nuts as that may seem. I'm going to guess that every state has differing laws about that subject, the same reason states have different definitions of indecent exposure and the penalties that come with breaking those laws. And laws change, and different localities have their own laws -- it's complicated! And driving barefoot is illegal too! That makes more sense to me, given that one needs to be able to exit from the vehicle in a hurry in emergency situations instead of fumbling to put on shoes under duress. So to put this side subject of nude driving to rest, keeping at least a thong on while driving seems minimally-prudent to me, though some people prefer looser garments, I know.

But I'm way off topic here - sorry. Checking in to a nudist/clothing optional resort is always best done with one's clothes still on when you are visiting for the first time. Now that I live at a nudist resort I don't have such a hell-bent need to get naked as fast as I can or sooner than I ought to. Patience my carefree friends. Those annoying bits of cloth will be gone very soon once the gate closes behind your car/RV/etc.

This subject reminds me of a point about dealing with anything negative in your life; the longer the clothes are worn, the finer it feels when they are removed. The bad parts make the good parts better! Learning to delay the gratification appropriately makes the pay off all the more gratifying.

This post was edited

And driving barefoot is illegal too!

Negative Ghostrider. While this is often repeated, to the best of my knowledge, no US state (or locality) has any law (or ordinance) on the books making driving barefoot illegal. Please provide if you know of any.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

And driving barefoot is illegal too!Negative Ghostrider. While this is often repeated, to the best of my knowledge, no US state (or locality) has any law (or ordinance) on the books making driving barefoot illegal. Please provide if you know of any.John aka cobeachbum

I researhed this several years ago and at that time there was no law against driving barefoot in any US state. It would make more sense to ban flip-flops and high heels which are legal. If exiting a burning car by running is a reason for a ban, flip-flops and high heels certainly would inhibit that action.

This post was edited

I have on occasional driven nude but Ive never driven barefoot. I think it would be too uncomfortable as my car is a manual, which I prefer.

When I still had manuals, I liked to curl my toes over the top of the clutch pedal. It never made a difference to me whether the transmission was manual or automatic.

This post was edited

nudeyooper wrote:
I researched this several years ago and at that time there was no law against driving barefoot in any US state. It would make more sense to ban flip-flops and high heels which are legal. If exiting a burning car by running is a reason for a ban, flip-flops and high heels certainly would inhibit that action.

The logic (if you want to call it that) for the ban on barefoot driving was that vibrations from the clutch pedal and accelerator pedal would eventually cause the foot to go numb. This may have been true back when there was a mechanical connection between the pedal and the motor and transmission, but with fuel injected engines and automatic transmissions, that was no longer the case. So the laws were gradually repealed.

This post was edited

The clubs and resorts, either clothes optional or clothes free, I've always checked in clothed as I didn't want any problems, I just wanted to visit for the day. Even when some locations have a first time visitor tour that has been clothed for both myself and the staff member tour guide. One landed club did have the person who checked you in was nude, so after the check in, I was nude for the tour, and this club is clothes free.

This post was edited