RE:My thoughts on clothing optional vs nudist

Thanks for the confirmation that maybe I'm not a dick lol.

I agree that both are a good thing to have

I'm on my way to Shangri La Ranch in a few minutes. Love that club

This post was edited

Also I agree that public beaches are definitely clothing optional I expect that when I go to a nude beach.

This post was edited

The nude beach in Toronto is an example of where clothing optional is a bit of a problem. There are clothing mandatory and optional beaches next to each other, but the clothing optional beach is filled with clothed people.I think it would benefit from being nude mandatory, especially because the textile beach is so easily accessible.

Pursing that approach would be a guaranteed way to lose the clothing optional beach. Whats wrong with being clothes free around clothed people if you have the freedom to be clothes free and they arent stopping you. The best way to keep the clothing optional aspect of the beach IMO is to keep showing up and keeping clothes free to show folks how natural it is not to try to shove them off of it by making nudity mandatory. Co habitation should be the goal not exclusion.

This post was edited

Whoa, there! I don't think you're a dick for wanting to go nudity required. That's perfectly up to you, and I don't expect... hell, I don't even want... a world in which everybody agrees with me.

I was also curious where that notion came from. I made a point of sending kudos to the OP for the topic and everyone else for the civil conversation. Disagreeing doesnt mean others are jerk just means we disagree.

This post was edited

Whoa, there! I don't think you're a dick for wanting to go nudity required. That's perfectly up to you, and I don't expect... hell, I don't even want... a world in which everybody agrees with me.I was also curious where that notion came from. I made a point of sending kudos to the OP for the topic and everyone else for the civil conversation. Disagreeing doesnt mean others are jerk just means we disagree.

Thanks, I guess I read too much into some of the responses. It's the Internet and all...

This post was edited

Thanks, I guess I read too much into some of the responses. It's the Internet and all...

People who prefer "all nude" are often accused of being discriminatory or "just wanting to see naked people." I find that very reductive; if not outright insulting.

My wife and I visited several resorts before deciding on making an "all nude" one our primary nudist destination. That decision was based on both location and nudity. We both liked the "simplicity" of just leaving our clothes in the car for a day or two; and for everyone we interacted with to be "on the same page" as us.
My wife admittedly feels more comfortable being nude in front of someone who is also naked. It makes interaction more "harmonious", if that makes any sense. At the C/O resort, she never really felt comfortable being naked outside the pool area; as she might end up being the only one naked. At the "all nude" resort, she has no such reservations since everyone else is also naked.

This post was edited

The best way to keep the clothing optional aspect of the beach IMO is to keep showing up and keeping clothes free to show folks how natural it is not to try to shove them off of it by making nudity mandatory. Co habitation should be the goal not exclusion.

My concern is the opposite. If next to no one is naked on the beach, it would be very easy to make the argument to city council that there's no reason for it to be designated clothing optional at all.

For context, this is one of only two official clothing optional beaches in all of Canada.

This post was edited

I'm not associated with any movement. This is just based on my observations over the past few years.

The beach used to have a good mix of nude and textile, but in recent years, that's shifted. That shift has gone far enough that there are many who don't feel comfortable going nude there anymore because they're now among a small minority.

I suspect that this might be in part because the beach hasn't been accessible for portions of the summer in recent years because of flooding. When it finally opens, there's a huge wave of people and the difference in the ratio of textiles to nudes gets way more noticeable.

This post was edited

Thanks, I guess I read too much into some of the responses. It's the Internet and all...People who prefer "all nude" are often accused of being discriminatory or "just wanting to see naked people." I find that very reductive; if not outright insulting.My wife and I visited several resorts before deciding on making an "all nude" one our primary nudist destination. That decision was based on both location and nudity. We both liked the "simplicity" of just leaving our clothes in the car for a day or two; and for everyone we interacted with to be "on the same page" as us.My wife admittedly feels more comfortable being nude in front of someone who is also naked. It makes interaction more "harmonious", if that makes any sense. At the C/O resort, she never really felt comfortable being naked outside the pool area; as she might end up being the only one naked. At the "all nude" resort, she has no such reservations since everyone else is also naked.

This expresses how I feel very well, including my being a dick comment. Thanks for posting.

This post was edited

The best thing about Clothing Optional is it is a good way to introduce newbies to nudism. I have taken several friends to Haulover. Almost all of them said they would not go by themselves and would not go if nudity was mandatory. All of them eventually ended up nude and the general consensus was "I never realized what I was missing" To me Clothing Optional always means nude and understand fully why a nudist camp / resort would mandate nudity in certain if not all areas.

This post was edited