Being a gay man at a primarily straight resort

I am more comfortable at "straight" or couples resorts than at a gay one - mostly because any sexual tension is eliminated. I would never simply announce that I am gay, but if the topic were to come up, I wouldn't hide it. Can I assume a straight male nudist wouldn't have concerns? I actually like forming friendships with straight men in a bonding sort of way. Every man I meet is very friendly, but I am wondering if it's better to steer the conversation elsewhere when talking about partners, dating, etc. Thoughts? - Particularly from men over 50.

This topic was edited
RE:Being a gay man at a primarily straight resort

I've had great times at 'mixed' reosrts. I feel very comfortable, and yes, I enjoy the fact that the sexual tension issues tend to be less. That said, I've been approached many times by apparently bisexual men who identified me as a potential partner. Beyond that, the sexual tension among the straight people can be uncomfortable.

Adults should act respectably in whatever venue they visit!

This post was edited

I have enjoyed attending both kinds of resorts. Yes, the gay ones usually have a bit of sexual tension, but it is not always that way. It all depends on why we go in the first place. If we want to relax, we just relax.

This post was edited

I've never been to a gay resort, just mixed ones. I've been on gay getaways, but they have always been very relaxing affairs. I wouldn't enjoy going somewhere where I might be hit upon.

This post was edited

In my experience most straight resorts are mostly straight because they restrict single males regardless of orientation. So the issue I find is not your orientation but that you're a scary solo penis carrier. Of course that varies from region to region. I identify as straight and respect most gay men as more open, articulate, creative and spiritual. I believe all men are essentially the same in this regard, but some - often heterodivergent - are more comfortable showing it than others.

This post was edited

Ive never been to a straight resort so I cant comment on what they are like or who they restrict.

I can say that , one of the resorts we were regulars at was owned and run by two lovely guys.

They also owned two other naturist resorts and one of those was exclusively for gay men.

There were a few gay men in the group of friends at our resort, I asked one if hed been to the exclusively gay resort. He vigorously shook his head and said that that wasnt his scene. He didnt explain and I didnt ask as it was obvious what he was eluding to.

There is a place for everyone . Im off to research Straight nudist resorts.

This post was edited

I believe it varies from place to place and person to person. Some venues are still hung up on things like sexual orientation as are some people. However the larger venues focus on behavior not sexual orientation. At my regular venue there are gay men, who are members. I have observed visitors who are lesbian, and transgender. Again no issues around sexual orientation, since that is not a focus.

This post was edited

I think it is a double edge sword. Being gay or straight has nothing really to do with any place. the so called straight resorts don't allow single men but will allow single and bisexual or lesbian women and never say a thing about it. yes there are more nudist men, than women.

This post was edited

I am thinking the straight resorts also have sexual tension, you're just oblivious to it as a gay man. At least, that's what happens to me. I've had a straight couple chat me up once, and I am just thinking they are nice folks. But then I found their online ad looking for a male third for MMF encounters. As I rewound the footage of our interaction in my head, I recall some subtle comments, compliments, casual touches, and I was like "OOHHHHH.... that's what that was...maybe?!" I am just oblivious to women in a sexual way, so it went right over my head at the time.

My hot take... a lot of straight resorts have some degree of swinger vibe happening. I'm not saying all folks there are swingers, but a lot of swingers are nudists ... as evidenced by this site having a sister site for swingers, and A LOT of people have profiles on both. And that's all good. But again... nudists are sexual people also, so to suggest there's no sexual tension at a straight resort is way to simple. It's just not on your radar.

Anyway... I've also been to a lot of gay resorts all over the country as well. There is often sexual tension, for sure, because men in general are just more overt, but all the resorts I've been to are pretty clear about keeping sexual activity in private or there's a "nature trail" where it's just known thats where you go to have fun. Some even have a play-barn of some sort. It's all fun n games, and if that's not your thing, don't go to that area of camp.

This post was edited

Along the same line, I went to a men only clothing optional primarily gay club because wanted to work out, sun and swim nude. I avoided the sauna and steam room because I heard that there was a lot of sexual activity there.

This post was edited

Hanging with Gay Males usually isn't a problem unless anyone is being overtly sexual. Most of the Gays in my various groups at the beach were not acting out in that way..

This post was edited