RE:Naked Attraction Max ( HBO) show

I agree with Stone Andy. Just having more nudity on television is a plus. I understand how it sexualizes nudity but it will hopefully desensitize the viewers to the idea of public nudity.

This is the Barnum and Bailey kind of ideology; "I don't care what they say about us, just as long as they spell our name correctly".
I'm not convinced this works when 'selling' nudity (ie normalising it) to the greater population.
Sadly nudity or nudism is so marginalised by the general population, and stereotyped as being only for the mentally unwell, weirdos, dirty old men and hippies that only the most positive messages can afford to be given if we wish to normalise our practice and community!

This post was edited

I have yet to watch a whole episode of the show; my essentially uninformed opinion is that the objectification involved will work against nudism on the broader spectrum. The uncomfortable moments that I did see were aplenty - but then I also turn off Naked and Afraid when their 'contestants' begin eating leftover carcass. Please don't overthink that analogy. Naked Attraction doesn't blur out the genitals like N.&A. does, but that's about the only positive thing I can say, along with some credit given to the producers for choosing to allow 'normal' people on stage. By focusing the cameras on not just the pretty bodies of this world, the voyeuristic public does at least get a more realistic taste of the general bare public instead of only Ken&Barbie-types being let on stage.

Pure physical attraction aside (or the lack of it), the contestant who's doing the choosing learns near zero about the bodies he or she is eyeballing from the feet up, until the most painful part of the show begins, when the verbal interaction starts. Finding a person to be visually appealing is only a part of what makes a relationship blossom and thrive; I would say a very small part. I don't deny that parts matter when it comes to attraction, but body parts are the centerpiece of what matters most on this stage, along with those few minutes of cringe-worthy time given over to questions and answers, and the obligatory time to choose who is told to leave the stage because they don't make the cut.

I don't think nudism is helped by this form of entertainment because this is not nudism; it is little more than a voyeur/exhibition show. Yes, this is called a show, and show & tell for adults is all I see. Movement toward the normalization of public, social nudity is not assisted by a form of entertainment such as this. When a person is seen being discussed and assessed physically, part by part, an unfortunate numbing effect is likely to be going on in the viewer's mind, a voice telling them that they too will always be judged by what's on the outside if they are ever put in a position of being bare in public. Experience has taught me that the typical nudist does tend to grow beyond such superficial, physically-based thinking. Nudism is more about leaving aside judgement (and clothes) to find a new level of freedom in life, to move toward being more closely-connected to everything and everyone, and having the freedom to learn more about the people around you by putting aside the typical pretenses that come from wearing clothes.

For those of you who are old enough to remember it, The Dating Game was pretty much the exact opposite of Naked Attraction, in that a contestant couldn't physically see the three people they were asking prepared questions of to help them decide who'd they rather go out with on a date. And with their decision - which of the three they'd go out with based solely on verbal interaction - happening just before they got to see their choice, it gave the TV audience a chance to witness a telling moment of honest reaction. I'll suggest the longevity of any possible relationship started by either of these two very different forms of entertainment is short, but we are talking game shows here. There's an entertainment factor to both of these processes of elimination. But hiding their true feelings on The Dating Game - when that second comes and they see their date for the first time - is not easy, at least for that micro-expressive moment when the camera zooms in on their faces. Now that's reality entertainment!

Borrowed from the Brits the show is now airing on what we knew as HBO now Max.Full frontal nudity in a show gradually revealed from the feet up to let the person decide which of the 6 bodies they want to date.Thoughts? Will this help normalize nudity? Or further cement that nudity only equals sex? or somewhere in between?

This post was edited

I have yet to watch a whole episode of the show; my essentially uninformed opinion is that the objectification involved will work against nudism on the broader spectrum. The uncomfortable moments that I did see were aplenty - but then I also turn off Naked and Afraid when their 'contestants' begin eating leftover carcass. Please don't overthink that analogy. Naked Attraction doesn't blur out the genitals like N.&A. does, but that's about the only positive thing I can say, along with some credit given to the producers for choosing to allow 'normal' people on stage. By focusing the cameras on not just the pretty bodies of this world, the voyeuristic public does at least get a more realistic taste of the general bare public instead of only Ken&Barbie-types being let on stage.Pure physical attraction aside (or the lack of it), the contestant who's doing the choosing learns near zero about the bodies he or she is eyeballing from the feet up, until the most painful part of the show begins, when the verbal interaction starts. Finding a person to be visually appealing is only a part of what makes a relationship blossom and thrive; I would say a very small part. I don't deny that parts matter when it comes to attraction, but body parts are the centerpiece of what matters most on this stage, along with those few minutes of cringe-worthy time given over to questions and answers, and the obligatory time to choose who is told to leave the stage because they don't make the cut.I don't think nudism is helped by this form of entertainment because this is not nudism; it is little more than a voyeur/exhibition show. Yes, this is called a show, and show & tell for adults is all I see. Movement toward the normalization of public, social nudity is not assisted by a form of entertainment such as this. When a person is seen being discussed and assessed physically, part by part, an unfortunate numbing effect is likely to be going on in the viewer's mind, a voice telling them that they too will always be judged by what's on the outside if they are ever put in a position of being bare in public. Experience has taught me that the typical nudist does tend to grow beyond such superficial, physically-based thinking. Nudism is more about leaving aside judgement (and clothes) to find a new level of freedom in life, to move toward being more closely-connected to everything and everyone, and having the freedom to learn more about the people around you by putting aside the typical pretenses that come from wearing clothes.For those of you who are old enough to remember it, The Dating Game was pretty much the exact opposite of Naked Attraction, in that a contestant couldn't physically see the three people they were asking prepared questions of to help them decide who'd they rather go out with on a date. And with their decision - which of the three they'd go out with based solely on verbal interaction - happening just before they got to see their choice, it gave the TV audience a chance to witness a telling moment of honest reaction. I'll suggest the longevity of any possible relationship started by either of these two very different forms of entertainment is short, but we are talking game shows here. There's an entertainment factor to both of these processes of elimination. But hiding their true feelings on The Dating Game - when that second comes and they see their date for the first time - is not easy, at least for that micro-expressive moment when the camera zooms in on their faces. Now that's reality entertainment!Borrowed from the Brits the show is now airing on what we knew as HBO now Max.Full frontal nudity in a show gradually revealed from the feet up to let the person decide which of the 6 bodies they want to date.Thoughts? Will this help normalize nudity? Or further cement that nudity only equals sex? or somewhere in between?

How would you rank Dating Naked, where the candidates have extended face to interaction nude?

This post was edited

I agree with Stone Andy. Just having more nudity on television is a plus. I understand how it sexualizes nudity but it will hopefully desensitize the viewers to the idea of public nudity.

Have you seen the French TV show called: NU [Nude, in French]?

Guy wakes up after eight years in a coma to discover that everyone is nude.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7420880/

This post was edited

I agree with Stone Andy. Just having more nudity on tHave you seen the French TV show called: NU [Nude, in French]?Guy wakes up after eight years in a coma to discover that everyone is nude.https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7420880/

Yes I have. It's a great show because it creates the juxtaposition of people's normal experience. The lead character doesn't want to be nude but it's illegal to be clothed!

This is good for nudism as it allows the viewer to ponder the what if but also allows them to see the benefit of being nude and how normal it can be.

This post was edited

This is good for nudism as it allows the viewer to ponder the what if but also allows them to see the benefit of being nude and how normal it can be.

I like the show because it explores the opposite of the current situation. But I think the best approach would me to make it totally a personal choice.

This post was edited

Have you seen the French TV show called: NU [Nude, in French]?Guy wakes up after eight years in a coma to discover that everyone is nude.https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7420880/

I have link of that here in this thread.

This post was edited