RE:Caught Hiking Nude

I decided at the trailhead that I was going to hike naked to the clothing optional hot springs on a trail that wasnt known for freehiking. It was a beautiful warm morning when I started and there were no signs that anyone was around. I was about half the way to the hot springs when I looked up and saw a couple hiking toward me. Without thinking I did a180 and started hiking from where I came from, looking around for a place to coverup. The area was barren since this was on the edge of the desert, without seeing an option to coverup, I decided to face the encounter face on so I made another 180 turn and continued my naked hike to the hot spring. Once I got close enough and made eye contact with the couple that was hiking towards me, I stepped to one side of the trail and continued hiking while we pasted, we each acknowledge each other with a Hi while continuing our hike in different directions. It seamed to be not a big deal hiking naked that I continued on and never worried about my nakedness again. Spent the rest of the day naked at the hot springs, I became comfortable being seen naked and visiting with others that were at the hot springs. I hiked back on the trail and never gave it another thought about my nakedness as it was getting cooler and in the shadows of the near by mountains as the sun was going down.

This post was edited

Great report nakeddbird. This morning I was hiking nude with a friend. Its not too far from a populated area but a trail not much used. I mentioned that once youre out there nude for a while its easy to forget that youre out of sync with most of society and you lose the alert reaction. Friend agreed. Glad you had such a comfortable reaction. I am more on alert when hiking solo than with others. I think it may be less concerning to someone you might meet.

This post was edited

1nakedbird
Deep creek or where? Always looking for more.
Done deep creek several times. Even got some others to hike out free after they saw me hike in. We talked in the pools helping their idea to do so. They appeared happy with the choice when they passed me.
More encouraged and enjoyed.

This post was edited

The first time I was seen naked was hiking to Deep Creek Hot Spring on a less traveled trail call Bradford Ridge trail that started near Lake Arrowhead. There were no other cars at the trailhead so I decided to hike it naked. As I previously reported I spotted a couple that was hiking towards me. After a brief retreat, I continued my naked hike and just stepped to one side in our passing and gave a hi as an acknowledgment as we past. It was not a big thing and I continued my day naked. I became so comfortable in my nakedness that I ended up forgetting that I was clothes-less while exploring the area around the hot springs.

This post was edited

First time I hiked nude was Just outside Tucson. But its a well known nude hiking area so no big deal, and youre not really getting caught.

This post was edited

Its always recommended to carry a sarong or towel or wrap...
I did go naked hiking in Thailand on a naturist camp. We did encounter textiles in the woods and were expected to cover up - they didn't show much surprise however... (Also encountered plenty of bugs and sharp branches/twigs that you might not have noticed with your delicates covered.)

This post was edited

I've hiked nude in Ocala National Forest several times. The first time, I tried to cover up with a pair of shorts everytime I heard someone or saw someone. The first ones had already noticed before and said they didn't like the rabbit jumping off the path. I took that to mean they had wished I hadn't covered up.
The next hike, I met a couple of women at the fork in the trail. By then, I didn't bother to cover up. They stopped and we had a conversation about the trail and where it led. Then they asked if there was anything interesting on the part of the trail I had just come down. I told them I was the only thing interesting in that direction.
We continued chatting for about 20 minutes, with their eyes glancing down quite frequently. I plan to hike there again in April

This post was edited

Yes. We have an area called dream canyon which is a known nude sunbathing area in the wilderness, but not known to all. Have had many folks hike by a and be surprised.

This post was edited

I have hiked naked several times and have not been "caught", although it is always a concern since some people get so bent out of shape about nudity. I have found that it works best to go to a little used trail with just one way in and out and arrive early. If there are no other cars in the parking area, there will probably not be anyone else on the trail. If I am on the trail at 7 am, I will frequently not see anyone else until about 9am at the earliest. I do always carry a pair of shorts with me and have had to put them on quickly a couple times, especially if the others I am meeting includes some kids. Fortunately, unless they are hiking alone, most people make enough noise that you can hear them even before you see them.
Nude hiking is so enjoyable it would certainly be wonderful if there were just some places to hike nude where it was designated Clothing Optional.

This post was edited

We were trekking on a dirt road in New Zealand and a tourist bus drove up us. Being the only naked one, I just dropped and pretended to be tying my shoe. Seemed to work well as no one was the wiser. I think even if you did look, not much to complain about. Seems a discrete non-confrontational way to address the situation.

This post was edited