RE:Nudist get-togethers at home.

The quote " bring your own towel" must be clear for your guests. Especially when you open the door for them totally undressed. I think all your guests will undress after entering.

This post was edited

Even though, our nudist friends, all live naked most of every day, like us, I think they still are looking for the hosts to set the tone and mood. Given the parameters and the fact that you've all seen each other naked on multiple occasions, if they are comfortable with nudity in an intimate setting, they'll join suit or won't. If they are uncomfortable with the nudity in that setting, then it can become a covered gathering and you'll know for the next one who is comfortable with being naked and who is not.

Yeah Andy; good points.
It's been hard enough, in the past, getting everyone in the same place for a get-together - outside of the resort (our "core" group is 4 couples). And social nudity in my living room, as opposed to the resort, would be very "different" for them. My wife and I have "been there, done that" at a nudist BnB; but not our friends, as far as I know (or at least not to the same extent).
Given her own personal experience, I "think" Liz understands the dynamic of women being more comfortable with the idea of being naked at a home get-together - when the hostess is herself naked first. But not knowing for sure if the other women are even planning on being naked might cause her to remain covered and hesitate to take the lead. With her "BFF", no problem; but I don't know about the others. I can speculate on that all day; I don't know. It's a conversation that will need to be had.

There are lot of unknown (at this time) variables. Ultimately though, it's not a BIG deal. Maybe the get-together does indeed end up being covered, only one or two of the couples show up; and we just have a good time anyway. After all, we will still get together at our resort and hang out naked there - if nowhere else lol!

This post was edited

Thank you for this thread. I have in the back of my mind that when my house is more nudist friendly, I want to host small gatherings. The hot tub that I bought is part of that plan. It is large enough for comfortable naked soaking without rubbing elbows with your neighbor. Any way, I have often thought about the steps to that first invitation and the ice breaker to comfortable nudity in my home. I will follow along with all comments.

This post was edited

Thank you for this thread. I have in the back of my mind that when my house is more nudist friendly, I want to host small gatherings.

Absolutely. The reason I pose these personal questions/issues as a thread is because I feel they could lead to an intelligent conversation that could prove interesting or beneficial for others to read. If I just wanted an informed opinion I'd just PM Andy because I know he's "been there and done that." :)

My nudist friends who give a lot of parties came to the conclusion a while ago that clothing optional never worked. They found that people became uncomfortable one way or the other. I can see how a private home vs a resort can create a different perspective for guests. Especially if they've never been to your home.

Another good point. I also know a nudist who decided to throw a party at his house without specifying the "preferred attire." It was a fiasco. Some people undressed then dressed back up because of the people choosing to remain clothed, the "nudes" kept to themselves, etc...
I feel it's got to be one way or the other. If everyone agrees to be naked: great. If a consensus can't be reached; we might as well keep it clothed.

At our resort, it's super simple. If my wife and I get there before our friends, we walk naked over to our usual spot; and since they disrobe in the parking lot as well, they arrive naked and see us waiting for them - naked as well. And vice-versa if they arrive first. Zero ambiguity. Which will not be the case when they arrive dressed to our home, and we have to go through the rigmarole of "who's naked first?", "how soon should everyone be naked?", etc...
Much to think about and clarify...

This post was edited

You've had great responses and you're generous in sharing your feedback on it. My two cents:
1)The event is already "recreational" in nature
2) The issue of it being "home nudist" is likely more relevant to how safe your home feels from passers-by and how comfortable the temperature is (especially with the present subzero Chicago temps)
3) Given the weather and urban environment, I wouldn't expect people to enter your house or you to greet them naked
4) Your default comfort and dressing/not dressing routines have already been set at your resort
5) Best to focus on something else other than nudity rules/expectations; I prefer food discussions like make-your-own-pizza
6) I'd prefer to feel comfortalbe on my terms, staying dressed for a while coming in from the cold and stripping after a while, more like the issue of keeping or taking off my sweater at a textile party
Good luck!

This post was edited

Absolutely. The reason I pose these personal questions/issues as a thread is because I feel they could lead to an intelligent conversation that could prove interesting or beneficial for others to read. If I just wanted an informed opinion I'd just PM Andy because I know he's "been there and done that." :)

Another good point. I also know a nudist who decided to throw a party at his house without specifying the "preferred attire." It was a fiasco. Some people undressed then dressed back up because of the people choosing to remain clothed, the "nudes" kept to themselves, etc...
I feel it's got to be one way or the other. If everyone agrees to be naked: great. If a consensus can't be reached; we might as well keep it clothed.

At our resort, it's super simple. If my wife and I get there before our friends, we walk naked over to our usual spot; and since they disrobe in the parking lot as well, they arrive naked and see us waiting for them - naked as well. And vice-versa if they arrive first. Zero ambiguity. Which will not be the case when they arrive dressed to our home, and we have to go through the rigmarole of "who's naked first?", "how soon should everyone be naked?", etc...
Much to think about and clarify...

Thanks for the compliment, I think! hahaha Having been nudists for as long as we have and not having to go through a phase of becoming nudists but instead starting out as nudists over 50 years ago. We have over 30 years of social nudism under our belly buttons and probably another 10 of open conversations about nudism with friends and neighbors. Those were like nudists gatherings without the nudity.

We have experienced quite a bit in our years. Some things still hold true but so much has changed over the years with newer people not wanting to be labeled as nudists. Many new younger people don't like the organized nudist clubs, resorts and organizations. It's all changed and things we experienced and thought we had the answers to, don't hold true anymore.

My wife, our close nudist female friends have an established naked parameter; 68 degrees, mostly sunny and no wind. The other guys know this, except for one. We used to have annual gatherings where 3 of the four couples hosted long weekend stays at each other's home, CA,CO and WA. The WA guy spent more time watching the temp gauge and related weather parameters instead of enjoying the company. His M/O was to get the ladies naked as soon as possible. Never mind that they all started off wearing little to nothing anyway. It actually got to the point where the ladies just didn't want to be naked around him.

He later complained and said, "what's the point in having these gatherings if the women won't get naked." He lost track of the idea that it was a social gathering of friends and nudity was a possible addition but not mandatory. I said, "yah know, sometimes my wife just doesn't want to get completely naked. What she's wearing you can see right through, there's little left to the imagination."

These gatherings can be a challenge. There's always going to be someone, female/male, that is wondering, "what's the expectation after we're naked in this intimate setting." I know my wife and our close friend from CO felt this way. Especially when you have a male in the group that is too eager to get the ladies naked. My closing thoughts are you'll just have to let it play out. Let your guests arrive, give them the opportunity to participate at their comfort level. If it turns out to be a clothed, partially clothed or almost nude gathering, it's a good start. Subsequent gatherings can progress into what you intended for the first gathering.

This post was edited

We have hosted quite a few nude get togethers at our home over the years. For the most part everyone stayed nude. But having a hot tub pretty much set the norm for everybody staying nude. If someone wanted to get dressed either partial or completely it was not a problem. We are/were all close friends from our nudist club so it was all good.

This post was edited