An interesting article about communal bathing

RE:An interesting article about communal bathing

Thanks for sharing this link! It seems that a lot of our private neurosis which leads to public acts of hatred and violence from name calling political opponents to school shootings could dissipate if we could only bath naked in the same space.

This post was edited

If only...
I'm sure such an institution, genuinely accessible to all, more like a bowling alley than a spa, would do marvels for social attitudes. But how on earth could you establish the necessary etiquette in a society entirely alienated from the older practices? Kind of chicken-and-egg. Don't the attitudes have to come first? I suppose it has the same answer as the egg question does: gradual evolution.

This post was edited

Sometime you read something and think, that must be satire.

Then you read it again and no. Hes actually saying that.

Someone with an assault rifle and a thousand rounds of ammunition intends to invade a school and murder as many children as possible and the best advice you can give to stop this is.. go take a bath.

This post was edited

Social bathing isn't so far-fetched.
In Finland it's still common to take saunas together not only with family and friends, but work colleagues and even business discussions. The Finnish Embassy in Washington DC even has a sauna - yes for naked social bathing - that's used for diplomacy. See this article: https://foreignpolicy.com/2023/04/04/finland-diplomatic-sauna-society-soft-power/
As an exchange student in the 80s I went to large mall-like spas (called Thermen) in Germany where everyone gathered and they happened to be naked (FKK). Even shy mixed gender teens would hang out there and giggle hiding their facses behind their beverages as they talked just like anywhere in the world albeit without any clothes.
As far as school shootings, I was fortunate enough not to grow up with them. I understand how the perpretators are often woulded by early childhood trauma, including violence in the home, sexual assault, parental suicides, and extreme bullying which leads to hopelessness, despair, isolation, self-loathing, oftentimes rejection from peers. Perhaps a nurturing, accepting and empowering environment like I experienced in European saunas could be an antidote.

This post was edited

What a good way to remind us how prude the society we lived in now especially here in the Western world. This reminds me of my journey to Japan in 2018, 2019, and 2020 where I endlessly enjoyed hanging out on their spa which they called Onsen. First of all, their amenities are extra ordinary although I still need to go to Korea to experience their own spas for me to have comparison (that will be a separate topic when I go to Korea). Sadly, I am not able to take pictures of the Japanese spa from the inside to share in this site due to privacy.

Anyhow, the feeling of having a communal bath is very liberating and I think it has a good effect of every part of us, as a human being, mentally, psychologically and physically. What is sad is that, what is norm in Japan and Korea and very taboo here in the US. Even on the nudist resorts, where majority of the members are dominated by the Caucasian race, you cannot even find a communal shower behind close door. All the communal shower are the one beside the pool and outdoor which is also very rare to have. I know that nudism is very popular among Caucasians are they dominated the majority of the population in the nudist resorts. But inspite of this, when it comes to communal showering or bathing, they are still very prude and not having that open mindedness that the Japanese or Koreans possessed.

I have been to one Family Korean spa in Toronto and although I enjoyed it a lot, the amenities are very basic and its like heaven and earth so pared tot he one Ive been to Japan. I still need to go and check the one in Wilshire Blvd in LA which I heard is far better. On the other hand, there is a popular gay bathhouse in Toronto which i checked online that has good amenities but it is very popular for people who are looking and engaging in any type sexual behaviour rather than just enjoy sharing a bath with other people and just enjoy the camaraderie that it brings. So because of that, I have not set foot nor have the desire to visit the place when I was still living in Canada. I think if the Western culture would adopt and behave like Japanese and the Koreans in their spas, it is possible to re-established those long gone Roman bath houses in our society for everyone to enjoy in our everyday lives. By the way, dont get me wrong, I do not have anything against anyone nor the gay community as I have gay friends. Im just citing an example thats all. No hate is being spread here for sure. Cant we just go and share a communal bath or shower without anyone lurking around looking for sexand just enjoy what the communal shower/bathing brings.

This post was edited

Just like the "Lexus and the Olive Tree" the world can be so absurd. In one/some part we can partake in communal bathing nude together and in another we're setting laws that forbid one to be nude in a locker room or public shower.. I'm sure there's an author out there that could draw upon this and write another best seller!

This post was edited

Just like the "Lexus and the Olive Tree" the world can be so absurd. In one/some part we can partake in communal bathing nude together and in another we're setting laws that forbid one to be nude in a locker room or public shower.. I'm sure there's an author out there that could draw upon this and write another best seller!

Who is setting laws against nudity in locker rooms and showers?

This post was edited

Just like the "Lexus and the Olive Tree" the world can be so absurd. In one/some part we can partake in communal bathing nude together and in another we're setting laws that forbid one to be nude in a locker room or public shower.. I'm sure there's an author out there that could draw upon this and write another best seller!Who is setting laws against nudity in locker rooms and showers?

I think most bans on locker room nudity are policies of the venue, not laws.

This post was edited

Just like the "Lexus and the Olive Tree" the world can be so absurd. In one/some part we can partake in communal bathing nude together and in another we're setting laws that forbid one to be nude in a locker room or public shower.. I'm sure there's an author out there that could draw upon this and write another best seller!Who is setting laws against nudity in locker rooms and showers?I think most bans on locker room nudity are policies of the venue, not laws.

Most bans?

Can you name one venue please and evidence that they do not allow nudity in locker rooms and showers.

This post was edited

Just like the "Lexus and the Olive Tree" the world can be so absurd. In one/some part we can partake in communal bathing nude together and in another we're setting laws that forbid one to be nude in a locker room or public shower.. I'm sure there's an author out there that could draw upon this and write another best seller!Who is setting laws against nudity in locker rooms and showers?I think most bans on locker room nudity are policies of the venue, not laws.Most bans?/202Can you name one venue please and evidence that they do not allow nudity in locker rooms and showers.

Here is one from Australia, the country where Nude4070 lives.

https://www.cnn.com3/03/31/sport/australia-surf-club-nudity-policy-intl-spt-scli/index.html

This post was edited