RE: When you have company over.

Linn, I just put on shorts if someone comes to the door. I get very few visitors , so I would again just wear shorts and inform them that I am a nudist. That way the should understand that I respect them by wearing something.

This post was edited

I think if someone comes to your place and your nude so what, its not like you asked them to come to you door, I answer the door nude when I can and I do tell them that I'm nude before I open the door, being nude when you have a visitor I think is your option not the visitor as its your home. Happy nude

I personally, to me, would love if that were true but in most cases I feel it would be inappropriate. If it's close friends who know then maybe. Often I will just put in a dress or a tshirt and shorts, usually opting to not out on a bra but underwear I will put on. Depends on how much with show honestly.

This post was edited

Its a social delimna we all go through. If if its not simply admitting to our friends, our nudist lifestyle that can be nerve recking. Its being nude around them or even just asking if its ok. Without any knowing how they will take it. Fortinately for me, I do have non-nudist friends that are open of me being nude around them.

This post was edited

Just a thought for the discussion, do you think a female would be more excepted on the average more than a male remaining nude ?
We are absolutely not into exhibition and would feel very awkward for those not embracing nudity. Most often there is no way to know if a person on initially answering the door is accepting or would even freak out. So no we wouldn't answer a cold call at the door by an unknown person. Nudist coming over is obviously a quite different situation.

This post was edited

I'm in the silly situation where (a bit like our neighbours) I know that my in-laws know and they know that I know.
However, nobody says anything and we all pretend we don't know.
I am sure that my mother-in-law would just find it funny, and not have a problem.
My father-in-law spends a lot of time abroad doing charity work in Africa and similar places and sees nudity all the time.
However, neither he nor Mar would allow me to be naked in front of my mother-in-law

This post was edited

First off I live alone and rural, so nudity is my norm inside and quite a bit of outside area. So no wife or neighbors to complain about my lack of clothes. I do on a regular basis hosts people in my home for overnight lodging through various hospitality exchanges online.In my profile I clearly state that this is a nudist home and I will be nude unless nudity would make them uncomfortable. So far since I stated it that way on my profile , I have only had one request which was from a young woman traveling solo to cover up. Many others have been greeted bare, and some have immediately joined me in the buff others have waited until hot tub soaking time to strip down.Many of my friends get a bare greeting and often strip themselves for hot tub soaks.
I do have one cute sign by the front door. It used to read " if you are not barefoot you are overdressed" but the word foot is now covered up.

This post was edited

If I'm expecting nudist friends I greet them naked. If I'm expecting textile friends or relatives I am clothed - jeans and T shirt. If someone calls unexpectedly they have to wait on the doorstep while I grab some clothes. Everyone around me knows I'm a nudist. But I know they prefer not to see me naked unless they are nudists too. I respect that.

This post was edited

I also enjoy being nude 24/7 while at home but there are also times where you get visitors arrive that do not like or understand out lifestyle choice so I always have a pair of shorts close by to quickly throw on. As for the female side a dress is ok, something for you to quickly throw on and remove after the visitor has gone, as for your bra comment, I don't see any need to wear one, the main point is that you are covered up.

This post was edited

It is a very rare event for us to put clothes on because we have visitors.

This post was edited

For us, like some others here, it depends on the company. If they are cool with us being nude, we stay that way. If they're not, we dress.Unless we're at a place where public nudity is accepted, we treat company as we'd like to be treated.One time when we were at a resort, we had an air conditioner problem. I saw the guy walking up and told her to dress because he was on his way. It took her a second before she ermembered where we were. It was funny. I got her so good.

This post was edited