"Tits" no longer.

Yet again my Profile photo is of the Pink Ribbon, concomitant with Facebook's Pink Ribbon week. Nearly 4 million FBmembers joined this cause. As I participated in this campaign it suddenly struck me that "Tits" was no longer an appropriate expression/pseudonym. Whether it matters or not to Her, I will only from now on refer to Her mammary glands as "Breasts." They denote our species, & the Fundament of Nurturing.

This topic was edited
RE:

surely if you want to denote our species you should call them 'mammaries'

This post was edited
RE:

Personally I like 'tits' but heigh ho - whatever floats yer boat ...

Love n stuff
Rudie x

This post was edited
RE: cancer

Being a fervent opposer of all "political correctness" I am convinced it is not so much the word/term we use for a thing but how we use it that makes a difference. In plain English the diagnose of malignant tumor in mammary glands is called breast cancer, but in all other context I withhold myself right to use any fitting description to any bodily part of myself or other people.
Aki aka TravelNudie

This post was edited

There are current relays called "save the boobs." Maybe it's just me, but I find that a little offensive. Let's call body parts, body parts. My husband recently went through a cancer surgery that was minor in comparison with most.

I lost my best friend (6 yrs. ago) who I introduced to nudism and whose mother called her disfigured. At least for the last few years of her life, I gave her body acceptance.

This post was edited

In the case of cancer, I'd have to agree with Cheri on this. Given the seriousness of breast cancer (some 45, 000 to 50, 000 women die each yearfrom it in the US alone), callinga fund raising event "Save the Boobs" does sound inapproriate and tasteless. I've always used humor to helpmitigate the gravity of situations in my life, but I admit that sometimes it is not approiate (and not appreciated by some, which I understand).And for the record, I'm not attacking anyone for their opinon.
Peace out,
Mike

This post was edited
What's in a word?

I fully appreciate the seriousness of breast cancer and mean no disrespect, but deeming it "offensive" to call a breast cancer fundraiser "save the boobs" suggests to me an over-sensitive attitude. Sure, there are some terms that would be inappropriate to use in such a context, but the use of commonly used slang terms is a great way to help people relate to a specific cause or topic and a humorous approach to the name of an event would tell me that when I get there, it's not going to be all doom and gloom.

This post was edited
RE: What's in a word?

About breast cancer, I would say first and foremost it is about saving the person and not the tits/boobs/breasts/mammarians etc. Good friends of mine have lost 1 or even both of them and probably all agree that any person we care for is valuable, and whether the person has breasts, testicles or not is irrelevant if the price has been to buy some extra years to live a full life.

This post was edited
RE: names

This is just a sign of our paranoia of sexualized body parts! What other body parts do we call by their medical names? What does it matter? Breasts or tits or boobs, vagina or pussy or beaver, penis or cock or willy, they all communicate what we're talking about.

This post was edited