What to Expect at Glen Eden?

Hi folks. Now that my wife has agreed to give this a try with me, I'm looking for any information I can find regarding what our first time at Glen Eden will be like. I've read every post and every website I could find so far, but I'm still wondering about a few things just so we can know what to expect. For the tour, will we have to be nude or will we get to see the place and get a feel for it first? Is it easy to keep you ones self there or are there lots of people chatting you up the whole time? Are we allowed to bring alcohol to the resort? No plans to get drunk or anything, but we do enjoy a little wine or a few beers during a day of relaxation. And what is the policy regarding single men? It makes my wife much more comfortable knowing that single men are either not allowed or at least significantly limited so I'd love to be able to give her more specifics on that. I know I can get all of this information from Glen Eden directly, but I'd also like to get the objective viewpoints from people who've been there but are not employees. I'd also love to hear any other information or advice you might have.

Thanks!

This topic was edited
RE: What to Expect at Glen Eden?

Paste this into google and you'll find a ton of recommendations.

Glen Eden site:www.truenudists.com

This post was edited

You can expect to meet the same type of people there that you'd meet anywhere you'd find a group with the same interests...like a church, school or club. Its a wide variety of all types of cliques and groups. When we joined 6 years ago we took a tour nude in a golf cart. If the weather is chilly then you can stay dressed. A call to the office can clarify what the exact policy is now. Glen Eden is a nudist club and when you're in the recreation area you're axpected to be nude. Other areas on the property are clothing optional and wearing of anything sometimes depends on the weather also. We're nudists, we're not stupid. If its cold, put something on.
You can socialize of stay private as much as you please. Everyone is very friendly and I, personally, try to say hi to everyone, but I don't intrude on them. There are many conversations going on in the pool, but there's nothing that says you have to participate. Single men are welcome as are single women. They have one of the largest singles groups in the country. However, single guys do not hassle any women there. I've read where some husbands think their wives are so hot that men follow them around in a group as soon as the wife gets up to walk anywhere, but I haven't seen it. No one tolerates any harassment by anyone else. In fact, there's a phone by the indoor pool that's a direct line to the office if you need anything or have a problem. My wife once gave a speech to a singles group at a church and met with MUCH more attention from ment than she ever did at a nudist club. She repeatedly had to tell single guys she was married. Its never happened once at GE. There are single guys everywhere. Fortunately, they're not all out to get our wives.
You can bring anything you like to eat or drink there. On our weekly visits we bring a lunch and on our camping trips we bring beer and wine with us. They sell alcohol in the office and there's a restaurant open from 11:30 TILL 2 weekdays and for all three meals Friday thru Sunday. I've gotten into water volleyball which is a great way to begin socializing. Tennis is very big. You can walk around the property or hike in the hills. Or just snooze in a chair under a tree. Go on Monday through Thursday when its quiet and you can get a feel for the place better. Tell wifey not to worry. No one will stare. We're all there for the same purpose. Be naked and have a nice relaxing day. There are all types there, but for the most part everyone is nice. Although, I can give you exact names of people to avoid and who the bitches are...LOL!
Anyway, feel free to email me direct. We're camping right now and loving it. If you were to get here before Thursday I'd say hello and show you around myself after you took the tour.
Hope to see you here,
Terry

This post was edited

Fatnudist

Barefoot

26 posts

RE: What motivates girls to become nude? post #22

2 years ago

Well, I finally got my best friend to go to Glen Eden with me just by going myself, and then always sharing how wonderful it was. She kept asking questions and I kept answering, and kept telling her she really ought to go because I knew she would love it. I also kept assuring her that it would help her with her personal body issues. It's not like going to the public beach. Then she said one day she needed to try it, then a month or so later it was her birthday and I suggested that I should take her to the resort for her birthday. She said okay and she's a total nudist now! She goes whenever she can.

https://www.truenudists.com/forum/viewthread.php?id=1151&page=2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
rvgent post #18

Textile

2 posts

RE: sex/nudism

2 years ago

I was worried the first time year,s ago I got nude socially that I would walk around exited, did,nt know the difference between nudism and sex. Boy was i suprized when I saw nude women walking around and how un-sexual it all was. Don,t get me wrong when I see a attractive lady nude or otherwise I still enjoy it as much as the next guy. I attend a swinger,s party once a month and most are nudists who also go to the Club that I go to, but sex is not talked about often there. I have never seen anyone else there(Glen Eden CA)where sex or even sexy chat is done openly, that,s what you,re trailer (RV) is for.

https://www.truenudists.com/forum/viewthread.php?id=23&page=2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audiobiker post #16

Topless

77 posts

RE: Wife is getting cold feet.

2 months ago
We had a great trip to a clothing optional resort this week. It was my wife's first time in a nude social setting. At first she was very nervous, but she settled in to the surroundings. While she did not go nude, she did get topless, a huge step for her. She got into some great discussions in the spa and met some very nice people. On our way home she wanted to know when we could go again!

Hey, great. Did you end up at Living Waters Spa? Jeff Bowman also preaches the Easter service at Glen Eden. Can't make on that day myself since I work at a church, but I'd love to attend some time and hear him. We also are members of Glen Eden. They are somewhat clothing optional. The only places you are required to be nude are the pools and rec area in general. If you check the website they'll also give you a free day there with a web coupon. During the week its nice and quiet and perfect for newbies to explore and acclimate to the nude experience.

https://www.truenudists.com/forum/viewthread.php?id=9518&page=2
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UsernameJAR242

I have been single for several years after being widowed. I entered the social scene in 2002. I consider myself a beginning nudist even though I visited Glen Eden for the first time in 2002. My world changed that day. From being a shy and bashful gal to a very inquisitive wanna be nudist.

https://www.truenudists.com/profiles/1362/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post was edited

Thanks for all the info. It sounds like there's not much chance to ease into being nude at Glen Eden so we'll need to be ready to jump right in. That's not a problem for me, but my wife might need a little coaxing to get past her fear of gawking, rude men being all over the place. So as first time visitors, would we lose our clothes at the car before ever even going into the office or how does that work?

This post was edited

Thanks for all the info. It sounds like there's not much chance to ease into being nude at Glen Eden so we'll need to be ready to jump right in. That's not a problem for me, but my wife might need a little coaxing to get past her fear of gawking, rude men being all over the place. So as first time visitors, would we lose our clothes at the car before ever even going into the office or how does that work?
I can't speak from experience, but I've chatted to Leah online a bit, (she used to do the tour,
don't know if she still does) She's a smashing woman, and I'd be very surprised if they don't ease you in gently.
No reputable nudist or establishment would force you to do anything until your were ready to.

Let us know how you get on, from what I've read, I'm sure you'll be over the moon afterwards.

This post was edited
ge

you will be asked to get nude for the tour

This post was edited

When we went to Glen Eden earlier this year (our first time there), we first drove onto the property, parked in the visitor lot, and checked in with the front desk. Then we were given the golf-cart tour; we were fully clothed. At the end of the tour, we were dropped off at our car and shown were we could park it on property (the visitor lot is just for reception). Most people drive around, find a spot, and disrobe by their car.
People in general were friendly, but not "overly" so. (The place was not overrun with single guys hitting on every woman.) There were obviously "regulars" because several said, "I don't remember your face; you must be new; welcome!"
As for a "first time" experience at Glen Eden: a young couple sat near us by the pool; he was clearly comfortable with nudism (and knew people there), but she wasn't. People politely introduced themselves to her but otherwise gave her some space. She spent most of the day by the pool partially or completely wrapped in her towel, and no one commented or tried to pressure her into not covering herself.
If there's too many people by the pool for your comfort, there are many other spaces on the property ideal for lounging, taking walks, etc. Perhaps to ease into it you could set up somewhat near the pool area -- close enough to investigate if curious, but far enough away that people will get the unspoken message you'd like to be by yourselves.

This post was edited

Thanks Weazie, I was hoping someone would give me a bit of a blow-by-blow like you did of that initial check-in and tour portion. There does seem to be some discrepancy about it, but if it goes as you've described, it would be perfect.

This post was edited

Glen Eden is a co-op club and it depends on who is on the board and who is running the tours any particular day. I can recommend you buy a pareo (sarong) - you can find them online or email me for a website. There is a turtle website (don't remember it right now) that you can get them pretty inexpensive also. That way she'll be undressed but dressed in nudist garb.

You might go during the week when it's less crowded

This post was edited

I guess Cheri has a point about who is in charge on any particular day. When we first visited we called ahead, cheked in at the office, were driven by golf cart to or car where we undressed and then took the tour. For the most part I see everyone take the tor nude, but there have been a few exceptions. Your tour ends at the rec/pool area and you're cut loose to enjoy the day.
We could go back and forth for days trying to ease your wife's fears about,"gawking, rude men," but she has to be the one who decides whether or not she feels comfortable. There are rude people all over the place including the local mall or your church. You can't get rid of them. If she's going to constantly argue the point and never be at ease she'll never accept the nude life. We have had more trouble with married men than singles and I don't see anyone advocating banning married men from clubs. From what I understand from one woman the biggest threat to women is a single woman. The wives all feel a single woman will steal their hubbies...LOL! All I can give you is my testimony. My wife has never felt uncomfortable or uneasy. In fact, she's the one who reminds me to plan my vacation days for our camping trips here. We only live 35 miles away, but everytime we come here its like a whole far away vacation in a day.
Like I mentioned in my first reply this is just another microcosm of society. Good...bad...indifferent. Fortunately, this place is small enough that most of the bad elements get weeded out and are asked to leave..
Terry

This post was edited