Towels

Just curious what kind of towels people use at resorts. I know they say always sit on one. Wondering if it would be worth getting a couple beach towels. All I have is the relatively small bath towels that are barely large enough to wrap around myself even.

This topic was edited
RE:Towels

Usually at the end of the summer season, Walmart has giant beach towels 50% off. The last few years, I picked a few up to where I have six of them now. They are thick and fluffy, about 72" by 48".

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Large beach towels are your friends. We like to get the cartoon or funny ones.

A couple of our towels have pockets sewn on them with velcro flap closures.

This post was edited

I kinda thought the big ones were useful. I couldn't find any at our walmart when I looked awhile back. Maybe since we're not anywhere near a popular swimming area, or the wrong time of year. They only carry what sells at a reasonable rate. I will order some. Swim outlet has some on sale for less than $8.

This post was edited

We actually bought our large towels at a Boat Show, they are huge and cover then entire lounge with plenty of overlap at the head, feet and sides. We always take those larger towels for the lounges and smaller towels to carry around with us should we be going to sit elsewhere. Actually, we carry 3 towels each. That might be overkill but we use the smaller bath or a hand towel for neck support or lower back support. We end up using all the towels we take but it can become a PITA to carry all that crap! :D

This post was edited

I bought a beach towel at Haulover that's as big as a standard double bed spread. It was a little pricey due to the embroidery "Happiness is no tan lines at Haulover Beach" but it has come in handy for various uses. But the handiest towels I have are the towel wraps with a pocket and velcro closures. I carry them over my shoulder and use them to sit on. And they're the quickest and easiest way I know to cover/uncover. Not to mention dry off. The Naturist Society sells them in their online store with their logo embroidered on them. It's a good way to support TNS. Or you can go the cheap route and buy them at Amazon. They sell a pretty good quality wrap for $14.95

This post was edited

Ok thanks, I got in 2 - 30x60 inch beach towels that will be better for a lounge, along with two regular bath towels, that should do for a 3 day weekend.

This post was edited

Large beach towels are your friends. Any of the ones that keep yourself from the seat and yourself really.

Make sure to put your name on them one way or another.

Always bring extras just in case, specially if you have little ones, trust me I know for they will spill their food or drinks on them . . .

Hawk

This post was edited