RE: Camping--how do you do it?

Tent, only way to do it unless you chose to just sleep out under the stars. We always tent and have a full view of the heavens as we lie there. Can't do that with a trailer or a pop up! We do use an inflatable air mattress though so we don't have to worry about sticks and debris... Steve
Lol, I love to tent camp, but having never experienced camper/pop-up, etc...don't know if I'm missing anything. I think my ultimate camping week would be 5 nights in a tent followed by 2 nights at a luxury hotel.
Jenn
All I can remember is that you must NOT touch the inside of the tent if it's raining, cos it'll drip on your head all night :) .......Oh, and you need a soap on a rope!

I think my ultimate camping week (and don't forget I'm in the UK, so summer is but a distant memory) would be 7 nights and involve some big sheets to make the tent from, a fondue set and a four poster water bed, ......IN a luxury hotel. ......Oh! ......and a pretty naked girl, ............to make the breakfast of course!

Phil.

I have to agree with you here Phil. A luxury hotel for me too After having surgery on my left shoulder, both elbows and on my neck, there is no way I would even try to camp. AND, if my new girlfriend is there naked with me, NO ONE is cooking !!!!! It's called ROOM SERVICE !!!!! LOL

Steve

Steve, this is getting scary, you are agreeing waaaaay too often with Phil! That's like the fifth time in two nights...
J

This post was edited
Camping

I have tent camped a few times in my adult life but my back refused to try it again so I purchased a pop-up camper, later I traded it for a hard shell. If I had my choice I would purchase a pop-up again, my wife on the other hand wants a 35-40 foot fifth wheel with satellite tv , microwave, fireplace and a toilet and shower, heck might as well stay home I got all that here.

This post was edited

Tent, only way to do it unless you chose to just sleep out under the stars. We always tent and have a full view of the heavens as we lie there. Can't do that with a trailer or a pop up! We do use an inflatable air mattress though so we don't have to worry about sticks and debris... Steve
Lol, I love to tent camp, but having never experienced camper/pop-up, etc...don't know if I'm missing anything. I think my ultimate camping week would be 5 nights in a tent followed by 2 nights at a luxury hotel.
Jenn
All I can remember is that you must NOT touch the inside of the tent if it's raining, cos it'll drip on your head all night :) .......Oh, and you need a soap on a rope!

I think my ultimate camping week (and don't forget I'm in the UK, so summer is but a distant memory) would be 7 nights and involve some big sheets to make the tent from, a fondue set and a four poster water bed, ......IN a luxury hotel. ......Oh! ......and a pretty naked girl, ............to make the breakfast of course!

Phil.

I have to agree with you here Phil. A luxury hotel for me too After having surgery on my left shoulder, both elbows and on my neck, there is no way I would even try to camp. AND, if my new girlfriend is there naked with me, NO ONE is cooking !!!!! It's called ROOM SERVICE !!!!! LOL

Steve
Steve, this is getting scary, you are agreeing waaaaay too often with Phil! That's like the fifth time in two nights...
J

OH WOW J, you are right. Maybe I need to sign up for therapy!!!!!!!!!!!! ~bangs head against wall~

Steve

This post was edited

Jenn

Phil.

Steve
J

OH WOW J, you are right. Maybe I need to sign up for therapy!!!!!!!!!!!! ~bangs head against wall~

Steve
Wow Steve !!! ......you didn't tell me you were, BIONIC!!! .....you'd better make sure it's a hotel from now on, don't want you going RUSTY!

and make it a Luxury Hotel, they have softer walls!

Phil.

This post was edited

My wife and I camp a couple times a month, year round. WE live in AZ so it's easier to enjoy it year round. We like the freedom it offers us coupled with our Land Cruiser. Pack and go, drive to the next good spot. I would say, without goin gonzo with the equipment, is to have a good air matress to insulate you from the ground, and a 12v quick pump. Open up the vents all the way, and enjoy the oper air.
Hi Naked1S, welcome to the site and the forum, and thanks for your input :)

Thought you could sneak in here without being noticed?

WRONG!!!!

Phil.

This post was edited

Well, I practiced yesterday and put the tent up in the yard. Not too bad. After a couple of wrong turns with the poles, it went pretty well. I think I can do it by myself in less than 30 minutes. I am really excited about getting outdoors this weekend at Lone Star!

This post was edited

Jenn

Phil.

Steve
J

Steve
Wow Steve !!! ......you didn't tell me you were, BIONIC!!! .....you'd better make sure it's a hotel from now on, don't want you going RUSTY!

Phil.

You should hear all the bells and whistles when I go through the security checks at the airport !!! Do they make a BIONIC brain????

I learned real quick to stay away from magnets !!!!!!!!!!

Steve

This post was edited

I've really enjoyed all your responses, by the way.
Gator

This post was edited

Jenn

Phil.

Steve
J

Steve

Phil.

Hmmm, maybe Steve should check in to a "hotel" with padded walls?
J

This post was edited

I've really enjoyed all your responses, by the way.Gator
Glad we could each, in our own way, provide you with "sound" advice. A few years back I wrote a poem about camping. If I can find it, would you like me to share it with you?
J

This post was edited