RE: Camping--how do you do it?

Enjoy your camping trip, Gator. We all look forward to hearing about it when you get back!
Jen

This post was edited

Thank you Phil and Beaker,
Your invite I'll accept.
I'll try my hand at rhyming,
and hope I'm not inept.

This post was edited

Thank you Phil and Beaker, Your invite I'll accept. I'll try my hand at rhyming, and hope I'm not inept.
Well if that's a taste of things to come,
It's gonna be a hoot.
It really can be so much fun,
So go on BABY, SHOOT !!!

This post was edited

I've really enjoyed all your responses, by the way. Gator
Glad you said that, I was feeling a bit guilty for highjacking you thread, although it WAS Steve's fault!!!!
Phil.

PHIL STARTED IT !!!!!!!!!

Steve

This post was edited
RE: Camping--well, we're here and having a great time!

I got to LSR mid afternoon yesterday, set up the tent a lot quicker than I did in the yard and had some nice company from a small group of the "regulars" that were here...a few funny comments, a little help, etc. By then it was happy hour so we had a drink and I got invited to join a nice couple for dinner in their trailer while we waited for my wife to arrive (had to work late).

We sat around the fire pit and told stories for about 3 hours, then made it over to the hot tub for a couple of hours before bed time and had some awesome fellowship.
A strong cold front blew in in the middle of the night which shook the tent, but it was comfortable and we were warm
Before we made breakfast, my sweet wife and I hit the shower and then the hot tub, and she actually completely disrobed for the tub (first time in public, even though no one else was out of bed yet, lol.
We're having breakfast now, and getting ready to go visit with friends.
Ya'll have a great day!

This post was edited

I got to LSR mid afternoon yesterday, set up the tent a lot quicker than I did in the yard and had some nice company from a small group of the "regulars" that were here...a few funny comments, a little help, etc. By then it was happy hour so we had a drink and I got invited to join a nice couple for dinner in their trailer while we waited for my wife to arrive (had to work late). We sat around the fire pit and told stories for about 3 hours, then made it over to the hot tub for a couple of hours before bed time and had some awesome fellowship. A strong cold front blew in in the middle of the night which shook the tent, but it was comfortable and we were warm Before we made breakfast, my sweet wife and I hit the shower and then the hot tub, and she actually completely disrobed for the tub (first time in public, even though no one else was out of bed yet, lol. We're having breakfast now, and getting ready to go visit with friends. Ya'll have a great day!
Thanks for that Gator, I really enjoy reading reports on trips to different places, especially when they are long and full of detail, It makes you feel like you've been there yourself. Have a great time, looking forward to hearing about the rest of it.

Take care and .......Ya'll have a great weekend!

Phil.

This post was edited

Thanks Gator! THose of us in the northern climes are living vicariously through your camping trip. Cabin fever is driving me insane!

Jen

This post was edited
RE: A camping trip's worth...

A camping trips worth
I lie in my tent by the shores of the lake
only to wonder...am I asleep or awake?
When off in the distance I hear the haunting melody of a loon,
and a wolf howls out his lonely song to the moon.
A stirring deep with in me, like a restless child,
I know I can't resist the beckoning of the wild.

And so I follow a silvery path to the water's edge,
and dangle my feet off a mossy ledge.
In the mist along the shore fireflies twinkle by the dozens,
mirroring the image of their heavenly cousins.
With a blanket wrapped around me against the chill of the night
I marvel at the dance across the water, the pale moon's shimmering light.

I reflect with satisfaction on the events of the day,
of all the fish we caught and the ones that got away,
of fish sizzling in the pan to a perfect golden brown,
of a tall, cold, frosty one, how smoothly it goes down.
of the sun sinking low behind the tree line.
I am pervaded with peace, I know my life's just fine.

Now the crickets are chirruping, the moon's about mid-sky,
and I drift off to sleep listening to nature's lullaby.
For those of you who ask, "What is a camping trip's worth?"
The answers quite simple - it's heaven here on earth.

Jen

This post was edited

Hey Gator, I have to agree with Jen. It's good to hear about your camping trip, as i sit here looking out the window at all the ice and snow..... I want to pull the top and the doors off the Jeep and go play in the sun..... OH well..... ENJOY !!!!!!

Steve 2

This post was edited

I got to LSR mid afternoon yesterday, set up the tent a lot quicker than I did in the yard and had some nice company from a small group of the "regulars" that were here...a few funny comments, a little help, etc. By then it was happy hour so we had a drink and I got invited to join a nice couple for dinner in their trailer while we waited for my wife to arrive (had to work late). We sat around the fire pit and told stories for about 3 hours, then made it over to the hot tub for a couple of hours before bed time and had some awesome fellowship. A strong cold front blew in in the middle of the night which shook the tent, but it was comfortable and we were warm Before we made breakfast, my sweet wife and I hit the shower and then the hot tub, and she actually completely disrobed for the tub (first time in public, even though no one else was out of bed yet, lol. We're having breakfast now, and getting ready to go visit with friends. Ya'll have a great day!
Glad your trip is going well so far and you are staying warm. I noticed the cold front too since I am only 30 miles north of LSR.

This post was edited