RE: Camping-the weekend was great!

Glad you had a good weekend Gator. Hopefully I will make it out there one day since I don't live far from there.
Thomas

This post was edited
RE: Camping-the weekend was great!

Welcome home gator! So glad to hear about your wonderful weekend.(A message for your wife: Aren't nudists the nicest people?)Jen
I'll answer for her...yes they are. We've rarely been made to feel so welcome anyplace else.

This post was edited
RE: Camping

Thank you for letting me borrow your thread temporarily.

Happy traaaails to you...un-til we meet a-gain!

Jen

This post was edited
RE: Camping

We tent camp. I have payed money for an airbed though! A good one. There are some crazy nice tents out there these days, some that will fit air beds that inflate and lift off the floor. I just like the ease of brining a tent, pitching it and then done. But camping is fun any old way if you ask me!

This post was edited
RE: Camping--how do you do it?

I've always tented and I suspect I will always tent. To me, when you go camping you are escaping civilization and if you bring your RV or trailer, then you are bringing civilization with you. I just like to go out, soak up the natural beauty of the world and leave as much of the manmade crap as possiblebehind. lol

This post was edited

I'm with Swifty. I was camping one night on an island on Algonquin Park when two guys pulled up in their canoe in some pretty nasty weather. I told them my site was big enough for all and they stayed over. They had chairs and towels and extra shoes and all sorts of stuff and they were portaging like me! Thanks but I'll go light. I didn't even BRING a suit! And what is the sun for if you can't dry off without a towel? Chairs? I got rocks! Yes I sleep on an air mattress. I'm no freak, but it's pretty light and worth every ounce! I told them I didn't use a bathing suit but neither of them took my suggestion. Their loss and maybe I planted a seed of an idea...

This post was edited

I adore camping but it can be hard work when it comes to packing everything away! That's the only downside.
I'm not sure if I mentioned it here, but our last tent camping trip was to our resort Easter weekend (we went this weekend, but rented a small travel trailer because of the threat of rain), and we woke that Easter morning to a steady rain. I started packling the truck between showers, and then the breaks finally stopped, just steady rain, that then turned to driving rain.
We had one change of clothes that was dry, put them in the washroom and started breaking down the tent nude in the driving rain. My sweet wife and I were drenched, working in inch deep water to take down the tent, and laughing our newly tanned butts off. We actually had a great time together doing that I agree though, that taking it down and putting it away back home is the least pleasurable part of the job!

This post was edited