What to do you do when spouse is resistant

I recently discoverd that I enjoy being a nudist. For me it is the ultimate feeling of freedom and escape from lifes stressors (even if only for an afternoon). My wife and I have visited a local nudist resort twice this summer. I love and think that she is awesome for going along with it. However she did not enjoy it like I did and won't go back. She has givin me permission to go by myself, but some how it doesn't feel right. Any tips on how I can get her more comfortable to continue going and/or should I go by myself.

This topic was edited
RE: What to do you do when spouse is resistant

best thing to do is not push ,let her see that it is a enjoyable .my wife is a none nudist and she is ok with me being nude around home its taken some time but now she joins me topless some nights and i did not have to ask her too, allways thought taking a photo of us me nude and her not so i asked her and she was fine with it do not think it would have happen a few years ago , so let it happen naturally show her how normal it is tobe nude . just my thoughts

This post was edited

I guess I am fortunate in that my wife took to nudism right away at the Terra Cotta and continues to increase her love of being naked on our camping trips together at our club. However, YOU should head over to Net Nude and check out the testimonies on the "Women's Page." Yo might also get some advice from folks there on the discussion boards.

This post was edited

Thank you for your responses. So far you have all reinforced what I already knew. One thought I have is to make friends with other nuidists and get to know them face to face. Perhaps this could get the misses to warm up to the idea. However, how do you meet nudists close to home. It's not like we wear name tags or have a secret hand shake. Are there nudists on this site from the Hamilton Ontario region?

This post was edited

Thank you for your responses. So far you have all reinforced what I already knew. One thought I have is to make friends with other nuidists and get to know them face to face. Perhaps this could get the misses to warm up to the idea. However, how do you meet nudists close to home. It's not like we wear name tags or have a secret hand shake. Are there nudists on this site from the Hamilton Ontario region?

One of our member couple...he's been an online friend for several years. He brought his wife with him to Serendipity, Cleveland, GA to meet us yesterday. She surprisingly disrobed but left her tshirt on. A short time later she joined me in the hot tub. Her husband was surprised. Usually when someone tries it, they're hooked.

I can recommend printing out my brochure for reluctant partners that can be found online at https://www.travelites.info/brochure.html and leave it where she'll see it. Just don't hand it to her. . . three more things: be patient, be patient, be patient

This post was edited

You might go back to the beginning of this thread and read some of the suggestions. Have you printed out my brochure for reluctant parters found online at www.travelites.info/brochure.html ? I can also email it to you. My email address for the request is cheridonna@prodigy.net.

If your wife knows nothing about your visits here as well as to nudist parks, you might be in for a rude awakening should she discover it.
Does she understand that it's a G-rated lifestyle? Do the places you visit know you are a married single and don't know you are doing it behind your wife's back? Should divorce proceedings ensue, they can be held liable.

This post was edited

i consider my wife a closet nudist at home she is ok with it but not at a resort, a few years back we were in florida and i suggested going to apollo (nude) beach and she said yes. we were in shorts and tee shirts had no bathing suits or towels so we stopped and bought towels but no bathing suits, at the beach she was nude before me but she was comfortable because it was a long beach and everyone was spread out not like a resort/club. my suggestion would be try a beach first or build a fence and enjoy being nude at home or find a seclude spot at the lake/river where you can skinnydip....

This post was edited

I know a lot of helpful suggestions have already been dumped upon you, but I just want to say that its nice to see a good man who wants to stick by his wife's side for once.

I see too many men on here giving up on their gals and just hitting the resorts and beaches alone.

I may be alone in this, but if my fiance suddenly decided that he didnt want to go to resorts anymore I would be happy and content being a home-nudist again, simply because I feel more complete when we can both be at ease and comfortable. Being nude is about being comfortable and you don't have to be at a resort or a beach, you can enjoy the freedom of nudism right in your own living room.

This post was edited

My wife is not totally savy to goling to the nudist places. her statement is " I know you like it so I'll go". Like you I also very much going for the same reasons as all nudists enjoy. I know my wife very much liked it in the past years but she has gained weight and I know ( at least I think I know) she is internally self conceint about her weight but she still does agree to go. I know I have attended nude beaches by myself and along with another friend of mine, but I also would always want to have my wife go if at all possible. I guess my answer to your question ( in the opion of this cowboy) is, Go alone if you have to or find some friends that may also want to join you but I would always be real sure your wife really doesn't mind.
Good Luck
Ed

This post was edited

I may be alone in this, but if my fiance suddenly decided that he didnt want to go to resorts anymore I would be happy and content being a home-nudist again, simply because I feel more complete when we can both be at ease and comfortable. Being nude is about being comfortable and you don't have to be at a resort or a beach, you can enjoy the freedom of nudism right in your own living room.

Thank you, Oregongal, for your particular point of view and insight. While I am thrilled that my sweet wife agreed to visit a nudist resort two years (and now loves it, thank you!), I think if she had not gone with me, I would have only continued my nude homelife and not gone without her. Like to think so, anyway, lol!
Gator1

This post was edited

I'm going to find a second wife, one that is into nudism. I think a man should have two wives, I know some that do and they all seem to be very happy together.

From what I know, countries where you can have two wives aren't a place where you'd want to be nude!! lol!

This post was edited