How many real nudists are there on this site?

As of today there are 53,379 profiles. 28,515 are from the USA.Out of this there are only 20,111 with profile pictures. Only 4,638 people are paid True Nudists. Only 379 of those are couples or females. I wonder how many people are really nudists or just here to view and capture naked pictures.
I won't add anyone as a friend who doesn't have a profile picture and I only let friends see my pictures. If I'm willing to show my naked self to others then I expect the same trust in return. Would it be better if it was a requirement to upload a profile picture to create a profile? I know there are probably plenty of fake profiles on here too.

This topic was edited
RE: How many real nudists are there on this site?

If you show your photos to friends only, how can someone really know you are not hiding something there. If someone sends a friend request and their profile isn't complete or the photos are private or the groups are less than genuine nudist, I do not accpet them.

This post was edited

My profile pic is actually a copy of another of my posted photos. Nothing to hide. I just want to make sure that whoever takes a look is at least logged in.

This post was edited
Real Nudist or fake

I did have pictures on this site of me nude for anyone to see. But I deleted them when I started getting to many propositions from the same sex. If someone would like a picture of me, I have no problem with it after becoming a friend and I am able to see who I am talking to or writing to.

This post was edited
RE: Real Nudist or fake

I did have pictures on this site of me nude for anyone to see. But I deleted them when I started getting to many propositions from the same sex. If someone would like a picture of me, I have no problem with it after becoming a friend and I am able to see who I am talking to or writing to.
Same here...got some very unwelcome comments on my pics and changed them all to Friends Only. I have no problem showing my nudies to friends. However if you on this site justto gawk, you ain't lookin at me.

This post was edited

If you show your photos to friends only, how can someone really know you are not hiding something there. If someone sends a friend request and their profile isn't complete or the photos are private or the groups are less than genuine nudist, I do not accpet them.
Same here, and that is precisely why I do not use the "friends only" setting, but I DO use the certified only setting. Likewise, the whole "private profile" thing.
If one is THAT anti-social, we probably wouldn't get along very well.

This post was edited

Same here, and that is precisely why I do not use the "friends only" setting, but I DO use the certified only setting. Likewise, the whole "private profile" thing.
If one is THAT anti-social, we probably wouldn't get along very well.
I go along with both of you on this - although I don't use any settings, these days it is just the simple criteria of:-
1. Intelligently written, meaningful profile text that tells me about the person behind the profile.
2. Several viewable pictures that have congruency with nudism. (single pictures, clothed pictures, bathroom/bedroom pictures do not count in my book and as for unrelated landscapes, flowers, cartoons etc., - they are not even on the radar.)

Love n stuff
Rudie

This post was edited

I consider myself to be a true nudist. Not because I have complied with the requirements to become certified; not because I have posted a number of pictures of me nude at various places; not because I have no problem with people seeing me nude (either in pictures or in person); but mainly because I am currently enjoying living in a clothing optional community where, weather permitting, I, like my neighbors, can be nude for days on end

This post was edited

I agree that there are fakes on TN who have no profile picture, but the same is also true of those with pictures. Speaking for myself, I will not post any pictures other than the one that I did post. This does not mean that I am fake or afraid of being outed as a nudist, it's just that I have always been concerned about privacy and website security, because once I post a picture anywhere on the net, it's probably going to stay on the net, even after I delete it, it could show up on some weird website where I have no control over it. Also, I am aware of the picture collectors here on TN. If I had a facebook account, I wouldn't post pictures of myself there either, clothed or unclothed. I also don't send friend requests because I realize that others are concerned about pictureless profiles, and I can truly understand that, but it would be nice to be able to do so. As for certification, how do I know how secure the administrator's database is or what he plans to do with it if he ever decides to do away with TN. Maybe I am just too cautious or overly concerned, but I just wanted to explain why some of us don't post pictures. Anyways, I do consider myself a real nudist.

I agree and feel the same on all points. Well said.

This post was edited

Only 379 of those are couples or females.
Why does being a single male "disqualify" one from being a "true nudist"?

I, for one, am sick to death of this discrimination parading around as nudist orthodoxy. It's total BS.

This post was edited

This is something that I am curious about, as I am new to all of this I have noticed that there are several locations, and sites that limit single men. Why is that? I'm not to a point that I feel it is discrimination or anything of the sort, I'm sure there is reason behind it, something I've never had explained to me ;)
It's an example of inductive reasoning, which is often in error.
The majority ( by a wide margin ) of perverts, predators, and other undesirables, are single men, therefore.......
There is also that by definition "social nudism" is mixed gender, so to keep a "balance" of sorts...

This post was edited