Post Count

I am reasonably sure my count was approaching 300 recently and when I looked today it was 276.
I also counted my posts since the one I marked 251 and got over 40.
Does anyone know how this could happen?

This topic was edited
RE:Post Count

I am reasonably sure my count was approaching 300 recently and when I looked today it was 276.I also counted my posts since the one I marked 251 and got over 40.Does anyone know how this could happen?

If a topic you posted in gets deleted (by the originator or TN), your posts go away and your count goes down.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

The above comment is sadly correct. A better way would be if when an originator leaves TN, the post remains but any comment the originator put in will change to anon. That is the way it is on another site I contribute to

This post was edited

It is frustrating. I lost well over 100 on my post count when I was about to make it to Butt Naked. Just keep posting.

This post was edited

On another site I used to frequent the Forum posting count stayed the same even if the thread was deleted.

This post was edited

I think that it's the case as well that if a group which you've posted in gets deleted/removed than your post total drops too.

This post was edited

I am reasonably sure my count was approaching 300 recently and when I looked today it was 276.I also counted my posts since the one I marked 251 and got over 40.Does anyone know how this could happen?

Would you happen to be an Accountant, Book Keeper or CPA by chance ?

This post was edited

Retired actuary.

This post was edited

ahhhh... so it wasn't just me. I lost a group or two as well. I'm not concerned about post count. I've always stated that it's the content of the posts one contributes and NOT the number of posts ... quality rather than quantity.

I'm surprised at how many groups there are where the originator has left TN and hasn't logged on in several months and in one group, the originator/moderator hasn't logged on in over 5 years. I am beginning to find co moderators for my groups so if I ever leave this site or decide to leave the group for any reason, it can still go on with the co mod.

This post was edited

ahhhh... so it wasn't just me. I lost a group or two as well. I'm not concerned about post count. I've always stated that it's the content of the posts one contributes and NOT the number of posts ... quality rather than quantity.I'm surprised at how many groups there are where the originator has left TN and hasn't logged on in several months and in one group, the originator/moderator hasn't logged on in over 5 years. I am beginning to find co moderators for my groups so if I ever leave this site or decide to leave the group for any reason, it can still go on with the co mod.

Don't care about exact count as long as it doesn't drop to the point where I am no longer "buck naked" Probably shouldn't matter to me any way since the next category below is "undies only" and I don't own any so I would still really be buck naked.

This post was edited

I'm not bothered with Post Count, I deleted almost 10,000 f my posts last year, to see if it would speed the Forum up.

This post was edited