Nudist and religion.

I am new here, and as I look through the different profiles I see a lot of agnostic and atheist members. As an agnostic myself I was glad to see if, but now wonder what percentage of nudist are non religious. It sure made me feel at home.

This topic was edited
RE:Nudist and religion.

It's probably not very different from the non-nudist population. Once you get past the nudism = sex misperception, there's nothing about nudism that's particularly uncongenial to to the dominant religions. The least tolerant religious adherents are likely under-represented among nudists, though, and those who are members of the least tolerant religious groups, for which nudists are outliers, are likely to be more accepting than many of their co-religionists.

There's some skewing between the flesh-and-blood folks you'd meet at a resort, vs. those who participate mostly online, with the latter being generally less socially, and religiously, affiliated.

So in real life, and even more so online, you should find a comfortable home in the nudist community as an agnostic.

This post was edited

I feel that there is more openness / acceptance of different beliefs in a Naturist environment.

In a sense it does somewhat surprise (in a very pleasant way ) the number of naturists who are Christian as many incorrectly believe that there some sort of conflict between the two philosophies.

This post was edited

Given very close examination. Christianity should be foremost in promoting naturism. But it's not, quite the opposite, and that indicates how well they go by the Book. Not very well at all.

This post was edited

I'm a Christian clergy-person (and a long-time "official" nudist) and have met other Christian clergy at many of the clothes-free venues I've visited. And also met Jews and practicing Buddhists who are also nudists . Religion of any flavor and nudism are not incompatible.

This post was edited

From Wiki

The Adamites, or Adamians, were adherents of an Early Christian sect that gathered in North Africa in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th centuries. There were later similar sects in Europe. They wore no clothing during their religious services.

This post was edited

I believe that Naturism is a religion in itself. I worship nature, especially when the sun is providing us with warmth and energy. I'm tolerant about other peoples beliefs, except when they are hostile to mine. Live and let live.

This post was edited

Human beings in general have a need to label everything. For the sake of discussion with others I label myself as "Pagan" when it come to religion, despite the original meaning of the word to be "country dweller" and in essence a derogatory term similar to the more modern "hick". I actually don't see myself as religious at all, but spiritual, connecting with everything around me. When it comes to deities, I don't worship, I honor them and have what is best described as a working relationship with them...as well, I'm a believer in "polypanentheism", in essence all gods are aspects of one god and that one is composed of everything which includes us. Editing to include one last bit. I will say that there is a bit of Gnostic thrown into the mix with me though. More along the lines of personal gnosis.

This post was edited