wearing a nude friendly t-shirt

last night we had a meeting of the small group that I am a part of through my church. I wore a t-shirt that I got at Turtle Lake Nudist Resort for doing the nude 5k walk. It says Turtle Lake Resort and has a stylized turtle without it's shell. No comment was made by the group. The last thing we did as a group was pose for pic to share with the rest of the congregation. I wonder if anyone will catch or comment on it then.

Last Friday eve at the local free concert in the outdoor theater, I had another cute nudist t-shirt. It says " We are all nudist in disguise. " One guy that is part of running the show approached my buddy and me because he is friends with my buddy. When he say my t-shirt he made a comment like " we can't have that kind of t-shirt here" there was no joking in his tone. I laughed it off and told him that is what I say when
I see someone wearing an indiana university t-shirt. ( BOILERMAKER and other Midwestern USA folks will understand. I do not think he was as serious as he sounded, I think he is a bit socially awkward. My buddy just laughed it off.

Do any of you have reaction stories from wearing something with a nudist twist from the textiled folk?

This topic was edited
RE:wearing a nude friendly t-shirt

Last Friday eve at the local free concert in the outdoor theater, I had another cute nudist t-shirt. It says " We are all nudist in disguise. " One guy that is part of running the show approached my buddy and me because he is friends with my buddy. When he say my t-shirt he made a comment like " we can't have that kind of t-shirt here" there was no joking in his tone.

You should have told him "OK then, I will just take it off so as not to offend anybody", and start to peel it off to see what his reaction is then.

This post was edited

I used to wear nudist t shirts more often but haven't done so with regularity in the last couple of years. It's not from negativity I've received, while wearing them, it's just that they are now on a shelf that is lower than all my other t's and it's habit just grabbing a t off the same shelf.

I have lots of different t's from clubs, resorts and a few nude beaches. I have several that are funny nudist t's and a couple from nude 5K runs. Each time I've worn one out around town, the most negative reactions were from women our age that either rolled their eyes or raised an eyebrow. I wore a Black's Beach t into our regular stop Starbucks. I could see people reading my t but didn't say anything. When I got up to order, the young lady taking our order and our money looked at my t and said, "I know about that beach! I'd like to go sometime." My wife said something to her, I can't remember. But her response was, "cool! :D". I've had a couple people state that they've been to a certain place that I'm wearing a t from but they never seem to want to stop and talk about it.

When I was working, we'd go to a local deli for lunch quite a bit. I noticed one of the older women working and making sandwiches, wearing a t from a river bar in AZ. It was called The Naked Turtle. It had similar graphics... turtle without a shell. She had a great tan and I told her, "that's a great t shirt and tan." She looked around to make sure no others were around and said "and no tan lines! ;D". Unbeknownst to me, my crew had divulge the fact that I was a nudist to this woman. Her t shirt started a long term friendship and many conversations about nudism.

She enjoyed being naked while sunbathing, out on their boat, at the river, lakes but never visited a nude beach, club or resort. Mostly naked at home but didn't consider herself a nudist. She said that she would be naked on occasion at home, while doing things but most times her mode of dress on warmer days was a skimpy tank top, no bra and short cotton shorts without panties. She didn't know why she wasn't naked all the time because she felt more comfortable that way. She couldn't explain it.

This post was edited

I don't wear t-shirts from nudist venues. Don't want to advertise my lifestyle to the general public.
A member of one of my community bands does wear t's and tank's from nudist venues.
We have quietly discussed our common interest.

This post was edited

I have several that I wear often. One says "Nudist University" on the front. I have one with the California flag that has the words "True Freedom is Clothing Optional" under the flag. Another one is a play on the old union bumper sticker. It has the same red/white and blue background, but says "Live Better/Work Naked" instead of work union. Another one says "Nudist University" and under that it says "Caps Required, Gowns Optional". I get comments, and have no problem defending my way of life, though I've never had to. All the comments have been positive. As someone once said "More people think like you think than you think."

This post was edited

As someone once said "More people think like you think than you think."

LOL Lord, you could only hope! :D

This post was edited

I bought a Cypress Cove ball cap and T on our trip there last month. The T says, "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem" then in small subdued print it says "Cypress Cove Nudist Resort".

2 weeks ago, I wore them to my Bridge club, just to see what kind of reaction I would get. (no one there knew we had jumped into nudism last yr). amazingly, out of a room of 20 people, only 2 even noticed the "Nudist Resort" they made some sort of "really"? kind of comment. I think the rest didn't even see it.

I agree with andy, the Ts are a easy way to get a conversation going. folks can inquire or ignore as they wish. and we have no need to be pushy about our choices.

it's been almost a yr now, since our first nude experience. I have mentioned it to a few friends. most were taken back a little, or made that uncomfortable giggle. none have expressed an interest to know more or join in.

I've seen a truism here on TN and found it to match my limited experience. "It's easier to make new nude friends than to make new nudists of your friends."

This post was edited

Just got one that says nudie
Curious to see what kind of reactions ill get.

This post was edited

Where can I get some of these shirts. They sound awesome

I've got a couple dozen funny nudist slogan or club, resort and beach t shirts. Many of them I've bought from the club or resort we've visited. Found a couple of beach t shirts online and a couple I've bought from nude beach groups we belong to. The funny slogan t's I found in beach shops, surf shops or in small town gift shops.

"Fish Naked. Bring out the Big Rod" , "Ski Naked. It puts color in your cheeks, " "Surf Naked. It puts color in your cheeks," "I do my own nude scenes," "Life's short Play/Drive Naked" - I have "Play" naked t's ...Play Volleyball/Tennis/Football/Baseball Naked, Life's Short. Drive your Silverado Naked, Drive your Jeep Naked, Drive Naked and Drive a Fire Engine Naked. Those are just several and I've bought them everywhere, just gotta look or stumble onto them.

A couple of times I've gotten some strange looks from the cashier, store owner when I buy the t shirt. I've asked them if they have issue with people buying those t's, why do they stock them and sell them? They usually stumble over their replies and it's usually, "oh, I have no problem with these t shirts!"

This post was edited

hey, FreeLee . . . where's that big announcement? . . . . . .
drumroll please, , , , --------

This post was edited

Thanks Tenn!
We are so excited, Thanks for your support!
Lee

This post was edited