Gay men are more comfortable than straight men?

I find that gays are being more comfortable being nude in front of fellow men than the straight men. What is your opinion on that guys?

This topic was edited
RE:Gay men are more comfortable than straight men?

I don't care who I'm naked in front of. Probably been seen naked by more men than women as men generally imo are more open to being nude in public.

This post was edited

I don't care who I'm naked in front of. Probably been seen naked by more men than women as men generally imo are more open to being nude in public.

I have to agree. From the locker rooms of the 50's and 60's to having friends stop by and the occasional run out to the car I don't care who sees me.

This post was edited

Not so sure about that. Gay men are more likely to have body image issues, for one thing. And where straight guys might be afraid of being thought gay if they were naked with other men, gay guys might be afraid of being thought available - same issue, with the bar moved a bit. I do belong to a gay men's nudist group, a sort of thing that would be less likely to arise among straight men. But when we have hosted farm volunteers over the years, I've seen no pattern among the male visitors that gay guys are more comfortable naked that straight guys are - it's a mix both ways. (Among the women, the gay women have all been extremely reserved about nudity, at least around us.)

This post was edited

Actually I have to disagree with that. I think straight men are more comfortable than gay. Straight men sometime don't even be bother cover up, Cos they believe we all men have a same equipment , but the gay will compare the size of equipment or the image of their naked body.

This post was edited

I see no difference one way or the other.

This post was edited

No, I was terrified of nudity period and only for sex was I comfortable naked. When I let go of the fear and became a nudist I dropped the internalized homophobia that was still operating in my self image. There are a dozen other issues here, and the question is not immediately telling me why this is important.

Are you worried about homophobia Or body shame and subcultures? Is this a post to grow gay nudism, or to critique it? Also the sweeping generalizations straight and gay don't tell us much about men's level of comfort nude. Class, education, employment and region are the important ones.

This post was edited

Personally, if you're a true nudist, it shouldn't matter who you're in front of when you're nude. I certainly don't have a problem with it, and I'm straight. Though I have noticed, that straight men, who aren't nudists, do seem to be uncomfortable with having nude men around.

This post was edited

I dont think it makes any difference if youre gay or straight- many people have body issues that may make them uncomfortable naked in company. I think one of the great benefits of being a social nudist is that you realise that were all different and its certainly helped me get over the body issues I had as a youth.

This post was edited

I dont think it makes any difference if youre gay or straight- many people have body issues that may make them uncomfortable naked in company. I think one of the great benefits of being a social nudist is that you realise that were all different and its certainly helped me get over the body issues I had as a youth.

I would believe that most of us have had or still have some body issues. What surprises me is that many times the issue is evident to others even when clothed if not more so. Yet nudity is not as comfortable for most as near nudity. I have a body that is in much worse shape than when I was a youth, and I have just learned to live with the fact that I don't look that great, never have. If I can legally wear spandex, why can't I legally be nude? If more of us were nude, there would be more of us comfortable in that state simply because we like to belong.

This post was edited

I wouldn't agree at all , I have Gay friends who regularly go to the gym work out and have extremely toned bodies, but because of gyms culture of making you fell you haven't reached your potential and the Gay Scene marketing an unrealistic image of what the "perfect man " should look like some of them would never get naked in front of anyone else, and a lot of other gay men would feel like this too, I also know that some straight guys might be uncomfortable that gay men might get aroused seeing them naked, but I think that attitude is starting to die out , I go to a naturist spa where the vast majority of people are straight and have never felt unwelcome on any of my visits , have had lots of interesting chats about nudist beaches, holiday resorts , and have even discussed Brexit and other political issues in just the same way as I do when sitting with people when I'm clothed, after all, we are naturists and I am much more than just my sexuality

This post was edited