People "dropping by"

I have some fairly secluded property; I can be nude in front or back yards without worry of neighbors seeing me. When friends visit, its usually with notice, so I can decide whether to cover up or not before they arrive.

So that leaves unannounced visitors - the fedex guy, etc who might drop by without notice.

Such a thing happened this morning - i was in the garage, in my usual state of undress, detailing the car. I glanced down the 150' long driveway, and saw two workmen standing there about halfway up, with their backs to me, talking on the phone. I would be able to hear vehicles on the driveway, but i didnt hear or see them walk up.

I figured, as they were trying to avoid seeing me, I'd put something on before going out to meet them. Which i did. Turns out they were "in the area", and wanted to stop by to check on a small project they needed to do. I apologized for the unwanted exposure with a bit of humor, which they laughed off.

In a situation where a visitor went ahead and approached me, I'd not bother with covering up, figuring they were not embarrassed by my nudity, so I wouldnt be either.

How do you handle unannounced visitors?

This topic was edited
RE:People "dropping by"

I cover with something, either shorts or a towel, whichever is handier.

This post was edited

I keep a pair of shorts handy in case I have to greet someone coming to the door. Anyone coming into the backyard when I'm sunning myself, or into the garage or house unannounced, well, I hope that they don't mind seeing me nude because that's what they are going to see, and I'm not going to apologize for being nude in my private areas.

This post was edited

I don't get many people dropping by but lately a lady came to read the gas/electric meters and she saw me nude before i could cover up and when I said to her I don't normally have cloths on in the summer she as good as said she isn't bothered over naked bodies.

This post was edited

I keep short near when I am inside or out . My neighbor stops by sometimes to ask for help with things

This post was edited

I keep a pair of shorts handy in case I have to greet someone coming to the door. Anyone coming into the backyard when I'm sunning myself, or into the garage or house unannounced, well, I hope that they don't mind seeing me nude because that's what they are going to see, and I'm not going to apologize for being nude in my private areas.

If someone comes to the front door, Mar answers the door. If someone comes into my garden (which they shouldn't) it's their problem

This post was edited

We have a sign in the driveway saying we are clothing optional. No one gets to the yard or door without seeing the sign. Our phone number is on the sign so they can call if nudity is a problem. So I just stay nude unless someone calls and requests otherwise (no one has)

This post was edited

I personally think it's polite to cover up when someone drops by invited or not. I am a dedicated home nudist, meaning I live the nudist lifestyle whenever I am at home, however I don't think it's my right to force my nudism onto anyone. Just like when I visit a friend who is a smoker, they don't force me to endure their smoking, they go outside. If someone does visit unannounced the first thing I do is reach for clothing, whether it be dressing-gown or shorts or whatever. I am all for living how we wish whilst in our own homes but being arrogant and in-your-face about it is not the way to go about winning acceptance for how I want to live. Education is. Even if they know all about my lifestyle choice, even if they accept this about me, I will only remain nude when I know they are 100% comfortable about it. Regarding tradesmen etc, I will always cover up.

I does exactly as you said.

This post was edited

We don't have that problem any more since we took a couple of simple precautions.

Our driveway has two sensors, on optical and one magnetic, that tie into our intercom system and alerts when someone arrives. We also have a small gate on the front fence that ties into the system.

All of these sensors are available from Home Depot or ebay and are easily installed and work great

This post was edited

People drop by regularly as I take bookings for our village hall. Add deliveries, all without warnings. I keep a robe handy to answer the door. But if I'm out in the garden/yard they come in and catch me naked.

This post was edited

I always keep something like shorts by the door. Our backyard is private as you can see in my profile pic. 1 friend will stop by unannounced once and a while I'll answer the door nude or I'm out sunning and he comes through the house no big deal. We've seen each other naked on numerous occasions. The meter is in the back but it's done remotely now. I have 2, 6 foot gates that can only be opened from the inside. I was laying out once and the community that lives across the canal from me was getting roof work done. I fell asleep sunning and I heard a hammer I looked over to my left and 4 roofers were looking my way. I waved at them and they turned around quick LOL. I just continued to lay out. My neighbor poked his head over the 8 foot part of the fence and saw me. I went over to the fence and talked to him... he kept apologising to me (hes in his 70's) I told him no big deal when I put the fence up his wife was like now you can be nude in the yard lol. I said well now that you mentioned it we do go nude in the yard so make sure the grandkids don't look over the fence. He said oh yeah I forgot about that..

This post was edited