Are most true nudist young?

It seems to me that "true nudity" is about the freedom of being restricted by societies expectations and norms!
So then, why do most of the pictures seem to be young people? Why aren't older women (out of shape, a little heavy, unfortunalty also have cellulite) pictured walking through the parks, or playing a game at the camp?
Free1010Bird

This topic was edited
RE: Are most true nudist young?

I am 69 years old but never again will I be as young as I am now.

This post was edited

What photos have you been looking at ?
Most nudist photos today ARE older, over weight and out of shape.
Anything pre-70's folks were in much better shape, but that's true of the general US population as well.

This post was edited
RE: Are Most True Nudists Young?

What is wrong with being old and out of shape? Why do we keep classifying nudists based on their body types? Why can't we all be on the same level? This whole obsession with nudists being old and overweight is seriously growing tiresome. You can find flaws everywhere in every single person but why dwell?

I agree with an above poster that said Age is relative. You ARE only as young as you feel. To someone who is 70 years old, 40 may seem young to them. Someone who is 40 probably views someone under 30 as being young.

To me, young is under 18...but are all nudists under 18? No. Age is relative.

This post was edited

we are not young but very much love to be nude around all ages
tim and Karen

This post was edited

What is wrong with being old and out of shape?

There's nothing wrong with being old ! ( out of shape however, does not contribute to GETTING old ! )
Why do we keep classifying nudists based on their body types?

That's a good question.
The answer likely has something to do with motivation. Why is one a "nudist" at all ?
I suppose it's possible for young and beautiful to feel out of place ( as I sometimes do ) but wouldn't that be true in the textile world just as much ?

Additionally, I have seen a newsreel or two, from the 40's or 60's, or whatever. Something a few decades ago in any case, where they do say that nudists tend to be ( at that time anyway ) in much better shape than the general population. The reasoning being that since we are much more aware of our bodies, we tend to take better care of them, since any defect of choice is no longer hidden by clothing. That the "lifestyle" itself, lends itself to better health, more exercise, a more aware diet, and such. Also suggesting that we ALL, nudist and textile, would rather present the best us we can be, and since the criteria nude has nothing to do with choice of clothing, style, and such, we tend to try and keep our skinsuit as well tailored as reasonably possible.
One of those newsreels did have a grossly overweight woman, laughing and having as much fun as anyone, and humorously mentioned that she was a bit unusual among the great majority of nudists, but none the less neither excluded, nor out of place in a nude environment. Nudism doesn't discriminate, even if some nudists do !
My own observations ( as well as documented research ) suggest that the vast majority ARE older, with the median age somewhere close to 50, but I've seen some "older" folks who are in GREAT shape ! My own observations do strongly suggest that keeping ones self "in shape" is far, far less popular today than before the Johnson administration, and that this seems true in both the textile world as well as ours.

This post was edited

I am 63 yrs. old and young at heart. My weight is the same it was 19 years ago. The passing of time does make changes to us that are inevitable.

I guess the original poster hasn't spent that much time looking at photos since this is his first post.
Nudism is not about seeing or being seen. Nudism is the gret human equalizer, and it shouldn't matter what we look like just how we act, what we say, and how we are inside.

This post was edited

The type of people you meet will depend on where you hang out. Since I vacation in health retreats, the fellow vacationers tend to be the more fit variety at any age. Due to our diet/fitness, we often appear to be younger than we actually are. As an example, there are not many 60+ year olds that can do advanced yoga poses, or have the desire to swim 40 laps, or other physically demanding health activities. Those that can, often look to be in their late 40's at worst, and also have that glowing personality of someone who just loves to be alive.

This post was edited
Lets be honest

I have no problem with the size of a person, but lets be honest a person who takes care of there body, im not talking like model type of body but at least in shape or fit, is attractive more so then a person who is overweight. When the young crowd looks at most nudists all they see are "older" and more overwieght nudists it does no justice to what people think. Proof is on the site, the people with at least fit or fit loooking bodies are way more commented then the ones who appreance is not up to fit level. Its not about nudists should accept whatever body type becuase most do, its just the the human body is more attractive when kept up. Simple as that, it looks good and for health reason it is good. Age also has nothing to do with it, cause there are many who are older and still keep there body up, just because nudists are suppose to accept everyone i dont think think that justifies letting yourself go. Again im also part of the young generation and looks are something that are important to me so i may be bias, but nonetheless the truth is the human body looks good when kept up, lets be hoenst please. I hope this doesnt start a flame war, just my 2 cents

This post was edited

guess i must be as young as the person I feel, lol

This post was edited

I'm a real youngster

This post was edited