RE:Expanding my nude time

Well it's your house so you could just say, 'My house my rules' and do exactly as you please, even though you know he doesn't like it. Or out of total respect for his feelings you could cover up the whole time and deny yourself the opportunity of getting naked in your own home.A third way could be for you both to come to a compromise out or respect for each other. This could be, during certain hours of the day you'll have total naked use of all areas of the house (except his bedroom) but at other agreed times or in areas of the house or circumstances you'll be covered up. That way he can easily avoid you if he really finds your nudity upsetting and your relationship with him could be less strained.Everyone should have the right to freedom of exoression and getting naked is part of mine but having respect for others makes the world a nicer place.Whatever you decide, I think your son should be given every encouragement, and help, to find his own space so you can both live exactly as you choose.

We sort of have that agreement now. He knows that I will be wearing something at dinner and times when we are doing a planned activity together. When he comes into the public areas of the house at other times, he knows that I am likely to be nude. I don't go upstairs to where his bedroom and bathroom are nude, except on the very rare occasion that I get an urgent bathroom call in the night and my wife is using the main floor bathroom.
The main constraint on me being nude is that his son, who lives with his mother who has primary custody, spends 6 weeks or more with us every summer. When our grandson is here, I am not nude in the "public" areas of the house because I don't want to create a potential problem with his mother.

This post was edited

When our grandson is here, I am not nude in the "public" areas of the house because I don't want to create a potential problem with his mother..

Grandson is coming for approximately 3 weeks on Saturday.
Planning on being nude except at home except for dinner for the next 3 days while I have the opportunity

This post was edited

I also understand that the discomfort of being nude or being with nude folks comes from a primal (there are studies in this) programming in our brain that shames us when nude to help ensure we partner and not stray when raising offspring because it takes two to raise offspring. I'm certain that being nude around our parents ans/or offspring has a related hard wire in our brains.Being happiest nude is being with people who are happy to be nude!

I'm very happy to report that this primal programming you mention has been un-learned by me and my honey and her mother quite thoroughly. Or maybe the clothing human beings have learned to cover up with, regardless of how many thousands of years ago that might have first been fashioned (animal skins earlier, then the first textiles, etc.), were created by humans more by which to stay warm or to avoid sun exposure than to hide anything from other people or rival clans. It seems plausible to me that these man made coverings may also have been an attempt by proto-humans to cover the naughty bits in order to keep others from seeing the beautiful genitals to themselves. Regardless, these man-made constructs have now turned into something that we may find shame because of. I propose the discomfort you reference is the egg, not the chicken in this instance, a learned reaction that has now ingrained itself into the societal framework. It can be un-learned if it was first learned.

I'd also be excited to read the studies you reference that supports this idea if you can produce such in the form of a website link, or the name of a book or another avenue for its assessment, thanks! The proof is in the pudding and a study can be based on balderdash.

This post was edited

There is some evidence that clothing started because people began moving to cooler climates and the earth as a whole was cooling in the Ice age.
While moving to warmer climates has not resulted in people going nude, it certainly has encouraged people to wear less. I have talked to men in FL that don't own any long pants. Perhaps global warming will make nudity more acceptable, both because of the heat and the reduction in carbon dioxide produced by not manufacturing and laundering clothes!

This post was edited

Any change in the law that will enable us to be nude and visible will not come until there is a cultural change. One day with the temperature at 95 and humidity almost as high, I said to a neighbor that when it got this hot, we should not be required to wear clothes. The comment was met with horror. The thought of the of anyone other than young very fit individuals being without clothing appears to be considered rather ugly. Today was a great one to have expanded my nude time. I spent time in the yard preparing a bed for new grass. There was a nice breeze with the temperature not exceeding 70. It was overcast to sunny while I was out, but I was not comfortable until I came inside and sat under the ceiling fan with cool air coming in through an open window. The hammock in the back yard would have been preferred.

This post was edited

Any change in the law that will enable us to be nude and visible will not come until there is a cultural change. One day with the temperature at 95 and humidity almost as high, I said to a neighbor that when it got this hot, we should not be required to wear clothes. The comment was met with horror. The thought of the of anyone other than young very fit individuals being without clothing appears to be considered rather ugly. Today was a great one to have expanded my nude time. I spent time in the yard preparing a bed for new grass. There was a nice breeze with the temperature not exceeding 70. It was overcast to sunny while I was out, but I was not comfortable until I came inside and sat under the ceiling fan with cool air coming in through an open window. The hammock in the back yard would have been preferred.

I would like to see av law like that with a lower attachment point, somewhere around 80.

This post was edited

Grandson will only be here 2 - 3 weeks this summer instead of the usual 6+.
While I certainly want to see him, one 1 week visit in June and one of 1 - 2 weeks in August is enougth.
Spending more time nude will be one of the benefits, but not having a moody 15 year old around for too long has other advantages too.

This post was edited

I wish you luck in your situation. Rather than this being about your nudity, I see the main topic as your son's sense of independence and confidence. Perhaps they've suffered from living at home with you as an adult and father in the most productive years of his life. He needs to reclaim his sense of autonomy to be a good role model to his son, and if you're retired you deserve to enjoy these years as you please! The main problem is that if all goes as it should, your son and grandson will be around a lot longer than you. Better to model and encourage self-sufficiency now when you still have some skin in the game. One day at a time; it's all a process.

This post was edited