Laguna Del Sol

I love this place, going to be there on July 8th and 9th. Hope to see some wonderful people there, and relax away from the stresses of daily life.

Anybody else going to be around there then? Yeah I know its right after the 4th of july weekend

This topic was edited
RE:Laguna Del Sol

I love this place, going to be there on July 8th and 9th. Hope to see some wonderful people there, and relax away from the stresses of daily life.Anybody else going to be around there then? Yeah I know its right after the 4th of july weekend

I suspect not. It gets pretty warm up there during that time of year and my wife doesn't like the heat anymore. Our next trip up there will probably be in the Fall when we go up to visit our granddaughter at school.

There are some nice people up there and some nice people here on TN that visit LdS. We enjoy visiting but we have encountered some not so nice people there and other nudist places we've visited! ;D

This post was edited

Wife and I are headed there this weekend for the River Dippers annual campout at Laguna Del Sol. We usually set up River Dipper central on the east side of the lake.

The 4th of July weekend is crazy at Laguna Del Sol. It is so crowded, and you will find plenty of those "lifestyle" type people there. Not cool. Weekend after that might be more tame. I hope so.

We used to be gold members there up until about 10 years ago. Used to meet my dad there 2-3 weekends a month since it was the half-way point between our house and his, and hang out all weekend. When our home was being remodeled in the late 90's, we stayed there for several weeks straight during the off season, and it was probably the most fun we ever had at Laguna Del Sol! I truly miss the Wednesday night spaghetti feeds in the old restaurant. My sister showed up a few times and we all ate spaghetti until we couldn't walk. Then, we went to our place and watched old black & white TV shows until we passed out. Good times!

This post was edited

My wife loves LdS and Mira Vista. Unfortunately, we live right in the middle of both places and they are 7+ hrs away in the motorhome, towing our Jeep. LdS usually wins out with my wife, currently, because our granddaughter goes to school at Cal and we pass the town of Galt on the way up and down and we always stop in to a bakery there and get some rolls, pies, cookies and jams. We stock up and stock up the kids!

Mira Vista is very nice as well but one of the reasons we don't visit the Tucson area very much is because my sister in law lives there and we don't get along with her. It shouldn't keep us away but my wife would rather not encounter her sister at the present time. Both places can be very warm during the summer so we probably will never visit during July and August. Not sure what the temps are like in June and Sept but we do like to travel in the Spring and Fall while in the motorhome.

I think the party crowd is what keeps us away from visiting during the weekends. Even our club can get pretty crowded and wild with weekenders and the swinger groups that visit. Funny thing is that when we visit LdS and stay for a week or longer, we always lock up the motorhome and leave for the weekend! We've done that 3 times now and drive over to Berkeley, get a hotel room and visit our granddaughter. When we get back to LdS Sunday night or Monday morning, the place is thinned out and quiet again! ;D

This post was edited

We love Laguna Del Sol as well. Luckily for us its only about a 40 minute drive from home. Most years I get there about 10-15 times and my wife goes with me probably about 3-5 of those. Unfortunately this year we had plans for our first visit of the year but things happened at work and home so we were not able to go. Then right after that I got two herniated discs and a pinched sciatic nerve which has pretty much shut me down from being able to do anything for the last 6 weeks or so. On top of not being able to go, our daughter is home from college and prefers I not be nude when shes here, so very little nude time. So frustrating!

This post was edited

We've been to a couple of the Nudestock weekends at LdS and had a great time. Living on the east coast it is a hike to get there, so we've switched to going to Cypress Cove in the Orlando, FL area once it gets too cold here. But we still see the owners of LdS every year on our nude cruise and they tell us we should come to their Naked Man weekend. They say its even bigger than Nudestock, which I cant imagine, since Nudestock was packed. They also said we should visit Mira Vista, which we eventually will do, but it is a hike to get there as well.

This post was edited

I've actually been looking into Laguna del Sol as possibly the first resort I try out. Is it a good place to be a newbie at?

This post was edited

Yes, you will not be able to enter without the tour and they tell you about the code of conduct at a naturist resort so it might be a very educational experience for you.

Although by far my favourite resort I visited in the US, you have to be prepared that this a massive facility, and one of the largest of its kind. So after having been here you will find that smaller scale naturist sites provide a different experience.

This post was edited

Thanks for the info :)

This post was edited

Anyone been to Laguna Del Sol yet this year? I know theyve opened up even for first time guests once again and the weather is starting to warm up. Its about that time of year where they start heating the pools with their solar system. Im curious if theyve started that yet but do believe the lakeside inn restaurant is still closed. Now that Im fully vaccinated Im itching to go again and may do so on one of the next few weekend days.

This post was edited

Anyone been to Laguna Del Sol yet this year? I know theyve opened up even for first time guests once again and the weather is starting to warm up. Its about that time of year where they start heating the pools with their solar system. Im curious if theyve started that yet but do believe the lakeside inn restaurant is still closed. Now that Im fully vaccinated Im itching to go again and may do so on one of the next few weekend days.

Let me know when you do. I've got to get the intro tour out of the way first, though. (Or is it necessary if you're a guest?)

This post was edited