Laguna Del Sol

I love this place, going to be there on July 8th and 9th. Hope to see some wonderful people there, and relax away from the stresses of daily life.

Anybody else going to be around there then? Yeah I know its right after the 4th of july weekend

This topic was edited
RE:Laguna Del Sol

Wife and I are headed there this weekend for the River Dippers annual campout at Laguna Del Sol. We usually set up River Dipper central on the east side of the lake.

The 4th of July weekend is crazy at Laguna Del Sol. It is so crowded, and you will find plenty of those "lifestyle" type people there. Not cool. Weekend after that might be more tame. I hope so.

We used to be gold members there up until about 10 years ago. Used to meet my dad there 2-3 weekends a month since it was the half-way point between our house and his, and hang out all weekend. When our home was being remodeled in the late 90's, we stayed there for several weeks straight during the off season, and it was probably the most fun we ever had at Laguna Del Sol! I truly miss the Wednesday night spaghetti feeds in the old restaurant. My sister showed up a few times and we all ate spaghetti until we couldn't walk. Then, we went to our place and watched old black & white TV shows until we passed out. Good times!

This post was edited

We've been to a couple of the Nudestock weekends at LdS and had a great time. Living on the east coast it is a hike to get there, so we've switched to going to Cypress Cove in the Orlando, FL area once it gets too cold here. But we still see the owners of LdS every year on our nude cruise and they tell us we should come to their Naked Man weekend. They say its even bigger than Nudestock, which I cant imagine, since Nudestock was packed. They also said we should visit Mira Vista, which we eventually will do, but it is a hike to get there as well.

This post was edited

Yes, you will not be able to enter without the tour and they tell you about the code of conduct at a naturist resort so it might be a very educational experience for you.

Although by far my favourite resort I visited in the US, you have to be prepared that this a massive facility, and one of the largest of its kind. So after having been here you will find that smaller scale naturist sites provide a different experience.

This post was edited

Anyone been to Laguna Del Sol yet this year? I know theyve opened up even for first time guests once again and the weather is starting to warm up. Its about that time of year where they start heating the pools with their solar system. Im curious if theyve started that yet but do believe the lakeside inn restaurant is still closed. Now that Im fully vaccinated Im itching to go again and may do so on one of the next few weekend days.

This post was edited

Anyone been to Laguna Del Sol yet this year? I know theyve opened up even for first time guests once again and the weather is starting to warm up. Its about that time of year where they start heating the pools with their solar system. Im curious if theyve started that yet but do believe the lakeside inn restaurant is still closed. Now that Im fully vaccinated Im itching to go again and may do so on one of the next few weekend days.

Let me know when you do. I've got to get the intro tour out of the way first, though. (Or is it necessary if you're a guest?)

This post was edited

woodsman21 wrote:
Let me know when you do. I've got to get the intro tour out of the way first, though. (Or is it necessary if you're a guest?)

Will do as best as I can. Heres their current rules on the first time visitor tour from their web site:
Beginning April 2, 2021 first-time visitors requiring an orientation tour are welcome for arrivals on Fri, Sat & Sun! Please call for a tour reservation. AANR and TNS members with valid membership cards and guests accompanied by LdS members are welcome as first-time visitors without a required tour. They must arrive during office hours to register. Please call the office in advance to make arrangements.

This post was edited

AANR and TNS members with valid membership cards and guests accompanied by LdS members are welcome as first-time visitors without a required tour. They must arrive during office hours to register. Please call the office in advance to make arrangements.

So if you have the AANR or TNS card, or are accompanied by LdS members, you don't need the tour. Otherwise, you do. I'll give them a call and get the tour, so I won't have to worry whether you're a member of LdS or not.

This post was edited

I wonder if jewelry wearing is permitted there. I hear body jewelry looks great at evening events. There are some great pieces on bodybody.com. But lots of new designers are appearing constantly online.

This post was edited

Ive seen some body jewelry at Laguna Del Sol such as penis rings, nipple rings, and I know there have been others but cant think what they were with no issues. That was during the day around the pools. I havent spent much time at the evening events. Really, from my experience I think it would be fine unless its something that shouts look at my genitalia I want sex, I cant really think what that would be, but Im not into body jewelry. The thing that will get you told to leave is inappropriate behavior. Ive heard of some people being told to leave but havent seen it personally and havent seen the need for it.

You can check their website, they have information for first time guests etc.

This post was edited

I did get to LdS last weekend for the first time. It was very much off-season and COVID careful, so much of it was shut down... no evening entertainment, and only one pool and hot-tub available. The folks there were almost all regulars, some of them living there full time. It was mainly folks over sixty, and I didn't see any body jewelry that you wouldn't see in a textile environment.

Because it was partially shut down, I didn't feel that I had a real taste of the place, but I might go back later on in the summer when things loosen up.

This post was edited