RE:I'm finding it hard to separate being nude and it being sexual

After a long dark winter, the warm sun on my cheesey pale, sensation deprived body can be quite arousing. I don't think I'm unusual in that either. In a society that has this annoying habit of sexualizing everything, it's a clear indication that I am a sexual deviant falling way off the McKinsey scale (between homo and heterosexual) into the unknown territory of solarsexuality. And that can get pretty hot.
Or maybe I'm just sensual and my body responds to the vitality it feels of its environment, and it's all good.

This post was edited

If both parties are fine with nude and sexual then let it be.

This post was edited

It's encouraging to read about commonality in this experience when starting out. Since the Covid-19 thing kicked in, I've really started living my life naked in a way that i've never been able to before. At first it was super intense, and highly sexually charged (me and my partner had just started living together as well). Its been fascinating to experience the different stages I've been moving through since (wtf am i doing, self-consciousness, etc), but bit by bit its starting to feel like normality and that's the goal... but it has definitely been a process.

This post was edited

I relish the sensual nature of being naked outside, or naked in company. Enjoy the freedom. What is better than having your back massaged with sun tan lotion to enjoy the sensual connection between two naturists. As strangers become friends, how wonderful.

This post was edited

"When I see a stunningly attractive young woman naked do I see her as a thing of beauty or something sexy? I came to nudity through the nude in art and, especially at my age, it's the beauty which prevails. Indeed I'm more likely to be distracted by a scantily clad woman than one who is totally nude."

Perhaps it's because the scantily-clad one has chosen to dress that way out of a range of options, whereas nude may merely be for the sake of being nude? I agree the distinction you see is certainly there.

This post was edited

"When I see a stunningly attractive young woman naked do I see her as a thing of beauty or something sexy? I came to nudity through the nude in art and, especially at my age, it's the beauty which prevails. Indeed I'm more likely to be distracted by a scantily clad woman than one who is totally nude."

Should the simple appreciation of beauty in any form be considered wrong?

This post was edited

Perhaps it's because I've been a naturist as long as I have, and in the company I keep...
YES a naked young attractive woman is attractive !
Is it *necessarily* sexual ? No.
Is the Grand Canyon sexual ? Of course not, but it is still beautiful.

This post was edited

nudity is as sexual or sensual as you wish it to be. the only conditions you should put on it, is proper behaviour , unless informed consent says otherwise

This post was edited

Strongly agree mikenshel. Nudity is freedom to be yourself if you find attraction to another nudist use self restraint and commonsense first and manners secondly. Talk to the person/s concerned and go from there. You will find a true nudist is open and honest. If it is amiable then enjoy but respect there wishes and privacy.

This post was edited

curt44319 wrote:

YES a naked young attractive woman is attractive !Is it *necessarily* sexual ? No.Is the Grand Canyon sexual ? Of course not, but it is still beautiful.

There is nothing in my conception of nudism that forbids people from appreciating the beauty of the naked human form in any of its manifestations. If people look at a painting or a statue of a nude and all they're getting from it is "Gee, that person is nekkid" or gets an erotic buzz from seeing it, then the artist or sculptor has failed as a creator, and the observers have failed as appreciators of art.

But because our society puts nudity only into sexual contexts, it follows that we must make an effort to separate the two. It isn't really difficult to do, as thousands have discovered. And once we do that, and liberate our minds and senses, we can see a naked person as the beautiful thing he or she is, without investing it with an erotic component.

This post was edited