I'm finding it hard to separate being nude and it being sexual

Hey

I started up recently and everything is slowly going really really good

I'm doing more and more and I do feel free and its hard to explain how great it feels to be free

But is it normal at the start for it to feel slightly sexual?

I'm not going nude for sexual reasons but sometimes when nude, those kind of thoughts come up

Is that normal?

Thanks

This topic was edited
RE:I'm finding it hard to separate being nude and it being sexual

Of course it's normal.

First, just to get this out of the way: The basic convention of social nudism is that people act, naked, pretty much the way they would do clothed. This means, among other things, that just because people are naked doesn't mean they are sexually available or interested. Discretion and courtesy are in order, naked or clothed.

But what's going on inside your head is a different matter. One use society has for clothes is to frame and control sexuality, and we've all internalized that and to some extent rely on it. Part of the work of going naked, and the power of it, is that you have to re-think your sexuality, how you live in your body. This is very very hard to do sitting at a keyboard, by the way. It's surprisingly easy when you are in the company of social nudists. I'd suggest it.

This post was edited

Nudity and sex each have their place, quite independent of each other. Sometimes they overlap but it's useful to learn the difference. As said above: nudists do what anyone would do in normal life - just without clothes. And it can be more about personality and confidence than body image.

When I see a stunningly attractive young woman naked do I see her as a thing of beauty or something sexy? I came to nudity through the nude in art and, especially at my age, it's the beauty which prevails. Indeed I'm more likely to be distracted by a scantily clad woman than one who is totally nude.

It can be difficult for a new nudist. You will get accustomed to it. And, incidentally, we all look - who wouldn't? I was just listening to a young reporter after her first visit to a nude event. Amongst other things she commented on the widespread absence of pubic hair. More to the point she commented on how relaxed and natural everyone was, behaving as they would have done if they'd been clothed

This post was edited

In time those feelings will pass

This post was edited

Thanks

This post was edited

Don't confuse sexual, with sensual.

[LIKE] and totally agree!

This post was edited

Ok thanks everyone

This post was edited

Don't confuse sexual, with sensual.[LIKE] and totally agree!

This is really common in people who are touch starved and who grew up with either abuse or lack of affection. They either really don't react to touch, or get way overboard from something that may not even be erotic. I was shocked running platonic touch seminars (I wanted to see whether they would help or be manageable the last part not so much, some are hundreds of dollars, I was doing 20 buck). I found that many participants had really unusual reactions, and then we did a screening questionnaire to see what might be up, and it turns out, lots of issues (aside from those who don't read, don't listen to rules and do the bad touch anyway even though it's not the point and ruins the experience for all). I worked with men of all orientations, but I get feedback from women I know that there are similar issues.

Long term nudists seem to have really good balance and I think that is the skin being open and fully engaging with the environment not clothing, ;plus the supportive and positive environment. But newbies commonly have this confusion on some level (NB not talking about raging boners or such, just touch that is misread ).

This post was edited

When I'm nude I often feel more sensual, especially with the sun on my skin. I don't usually feel sexual unless the environment goes that way. To be honest if I'm being touched I'm likely to get a boner, even if it is nonsexual. But it usually goes away after a bit if it's not the situation for it.

As you interact more with other nudist folks you'll find it becomes less of a problem.

This post was edited

This is normal especially when you are first starting out. Even when you are clothed, you can look and appreciate someone but don't ogle.

This post was edited

Don't confuse sexual, with sensual.
It can't be described any better! The new experience can be an amazing rush.
My best analogy is like the scene in the Wizard of Oz when Dorothy first steps out of her house after it lands. A whole new world! ALL of your senses are heightened and enlightened.
It's uber invigorating to your whole being, spirit soul and body. A world you never knew.
It is so liberating and a completely new level of freedom with a bit of daring, it makes you feel you just can't get enough!
In time, it just becomes your "new normal" but you never tire of the sense of being closer to and more in touch with nature.
Embrace the freedom! Enjoy the euphoria. Don't concern yourself with what comes natural. Let the enhanced energy flow and bask in it!

This post was edited