Club Security

My wife and I have visited several clubs and resorts over the years like many others have. Luann called to make reservations at a club we have been talking about visiting for quite sometime and was required she send them a picture of us. No problem in doing so but that was a 1st.

This topic was edited
RE:Club Security

That does sound unusual. Are you going to ask why when you arrive? Be interested to know.

This post was edited

My wife and I have visited several clubs and resorts over the years like many others have. Luann called to make reservations at a club we have been talking about visiting for quite sometime and was required she send them a picture of us. No problem in doing so but that was a 1st.

Like you, we've visited many clubs and resorts but have never been asked to send a picture of us both before we arrived. Be interesting to know why they request that of perspective visitors.

This post was edited

That'a new one. Would you mind telling us the name of the club?

This post was edited

Some clubs are gathering more info and are doing deeper background checks, but sending photos ahead of time is a new one. Perhaps this isn't about security at all, but is for other identification purposes?

This post was edited

i'm a member of a non-landed club in tucson. we are in the process of revising our by laws to include some kind of background check for prospective members. our prime source of candidates is from meet up.

i talked to mira vista. they take a copy of drivers lisc when 1st timers check in, then they run a search on a free national sex offender's list. however a friend in law enforcement says plenty of appropriate people never get listed.
i talked to LARC, my old club. they pay a 17$ fee for a background check.
lake bronson, also in Wa does some kind of search for 1st timers but i dont have the details.

can anyone add to this, from your knowledge/experience/recommendations?

This post was edited

Wifey was told it was to verify it is us when we check in. Perhaps they check it against our ID's when we check in? It caused her to go eh?? so she asked and that's what she was advised.

This post was edited

They may have had some recent "troubles" and are now upping their security protocols. But then we can speculate all day. I'm really curious too as I've never heard of this and I do hope you ask when you get there.

This post was edited

I dont remember having to give my license at Mira Vista or MAR but I may have. I know I had to fill out a form at MAR.

The hot spring we frequent most has had a lot of security issues and they have changed their policys . You dont have to give your license but we had to sign an policy form. We were assigned a number and I assume that if you violate their policy s they will ban you.

It sounds like at the club in question, that they have had people jump a reservation and when the real people show up, they dont have a room.

This post was edited

I have been to about six different clubs. Never once have I been asked to sent a picture, or anything else, in advance. All
off the clubs too a copy of my driver's license on the first visit. If they checked me against any sort of sex offender's registry
they did it discreetly during the check-in process.

This post was edited

It never occurred to me about checking an incoming visitor against the offenders list. I think I will ask if they do next time I'm at the gate house at our club.

This post was edited