I heard about a fully legal naturist hiking trail in AZ but I can't find it! Please help!

Check this article out. From 2009 https://azdailysun.com/lifestyles/columnists/trail-guide-cholla-flats-naturist-trail-no/article_f30ff03c-4ad6-5cc9-bf1a-d56f911e1e04.html

I have been unable to find even a single additional source about this location during my google searches. I can't see anything on google maps that looks like it would be this trail for certain. something seem possible but I'm not driving all the way out there if it isn't real. Please help if you have heard of this or have more info. Thanks so much. Here's what the article says regarding the trail:

"Located in an isolated Arizona Upland Desertscrub subdivision in the southern foothills of the Hualapai Mountains of northwestern Arizona, the Cholla Flats trail system is specifically designed with the active naked outdoor enthusiast in mind."

Length: 4.0 miles round-trip

Rating: Easy

Use: Opportunities for uninterrupted solitude are moderate. Cholla Flats includes an OHV trail.

Trailhead Location: Elevation 2,000 feet. Trail starts a cattle guard 15 miles west of U.S. Highway 93, on Chicken Springs road.

Hiking Time: About 2 to 3 hours round trip.

Use Restrictions: No motorized vehicles. NO CLOTHING!

USGS Map(s): Chicken Springs Quadrangle.

Travel Time: About 30 minutes from Wikieup to the trailhead.

Road Conditions: Improved dirt, but often, rough washboard. Best to disrobe at the trailhead rather than to travel naked on this stretch. Injuries en route have been reported.

Trail Layout: This is a short (day) hike, with little elevation gain other than the descent into and ascent out of Chicken Springs Wash.

This topic was edited
RE:I heard about a fully legal naturist hiking trail in AZ but I can't find it! Please help!

I saw the same article a couple of years ago when I was researching places to hike nude in AZ. I couldn't find out anything else about that area. I looked it up on goggle earth and I'm pretty sure I found the trail. It's certainly remote enough to hike nude but I doubt it's a "designated" nudist area. I've had good luck using the Alltrails.com web site and app. I've found some fairly remote trails that were not too difficult to get to where hiking nude was not a problem. I've also done some cross country hikes in the southern AZ that were quite enjoyable. I'll be back in AZ soon and looking forward to trying a few new areas.

This post was edited
RE:I heard about a fully legal naturist hiking trail in AZ but I can't find it! Please help!

Thanks for the info. Bummer that we can't find more about it. I wonder if the article was some kind of hoax. I tried to uncover the author so I could ask more about it but had no luck finding out who even wrote the thing.

This post was edited

I loved my Visit to AZ, I did not heard much about nudism there. Btw the link does not work.

It is not clickable, you must copy and paste it to your search box. It worked for me ;-)

This post was edited

Here's the link in clickable format:

https://azdailysun.com/lifestyles/columnists/trail-guide-cholla-flats-naturist-trail-no/article_f30ff03c-4ad6-5cc9-bf1a-d56f911e1e04.html

You will get a warning from TN that you are leaving the site.

The article is quite old, and from a satellite view, it appears suburbia has grown around the area, so I doubt it's very isolated anymore.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited