Why can't I add to my lists?

I havebeen trying to add to my list of places I will be visiting. For some reason, all I get is a drop-down menu of places I already have visited. The same thing happens on the Places I have visited list. The system won't let me enter anything new.What isgoing on?

This topic was edited
RE: Why can't I add to my lists?

I seem to remember from a year ago ( more or less ) something about a plan to add the ability for someone other than the owner to be able to add to the existing list of places, but it never happened.
Short version, you can't.
Longer version, you can try sending details or a link to the owner, and hope he adds it.

This post was edited

I havebeen trying to add to my list of places I will be visiting. For some reason, all I get is a drop-down menu of places I already have visited. The same thing happens on the Places I have visited list. The system won't let me enter anything new.What isgoing on?
Are you trying to add a location to locations list that is on site, or one from list to you places I visit? I got a location added by suggesting it and providing website for it. If you want to add location from list here to your places I visit, click the add to my locations button on the page for it here. Once added, you can then add to your upcoming visits.

This post was edited

I have been trying to add to my list of places I will be visiting. For some reason, all I get is a drop-down menu of places I already have visited. The same thing happens on the Places I have visited list. The system won't let me enter anything new. What is going on?
Are you trying to add a location to locations list that is on site, or one from list to you places I visit? I got a location added by suggesting it and providing website for it. If you want to add location from list here to your places I visit, click the add to my locations button on the page for it here. Once added, you can then add to your upcoming visits.

You're lucky you were able to have a location added when you asked. I have not been that lucky and in fact, even suggested removing a club listing that's been disbanned.

This post was edited

Thanks for the replies. At least now I know it is not just me! When it comes to my computer skills, the word "Neanderthal" sometimes comes to mind! And no, I was not trying to add a place not the location list. In fact, I accessed Sandpiper's website through TN's location list.

This post was edited

Thanks for the replies. At least now I know it is not just me! When it comes to my computer skills, the word "Neanderthal" sometimes comes to mind! And no, I was not trying to add a place not the location list. In fact, I accessed Sandpiper's website through TN's location list.
When I went to locations, I did a search for sandpipers. When I clicked on the result, there is a buttong with + that says add to my list. Clicking it will add it to places you visit.
There is also a button for report incorrect information. That should get information changed or location deleted as necessary. It just might take a whie for it.

This post was edited

See if this is useful...,Adding a venue to the profile Locations section

It has not been updated/corrected in a VERY long time. There is one club at least that was dissolved several years ago at least and another just this last year plus my club of over 25 years is not listed. When I first joined this site a few years back, I made the required reports but nothing has changed. I did it again a year or so ago. When Phil suggested we make our own location places under Groups, I went and did it for the Carolinas.

I understand that the site owner has other priorities and a life but people do count on acuracy.

This post was edited

LOCATIONS HOME. (((( NEW ! ))))

This post was edited
WHY CAN'T I VIEW MY PIC.S IN ORDER THAT I POST THEM?

I try and post my pic.s in order they were taken,even tried numbering them,but when I go to view them they are all mixed up.

Why does it do this?

This post was edited