10th Circuit opinion on topless women

As Fort Collins has chosen not to pursue their case to the Supreme Court the court opinion striking down discrimination with respect to men and women topless is no longer allowed. Here is the opinion.

https://www.ca10.uscourts.gov/opinions/17/17-1103.pdf

The plaintiffs bar here in Utah believe any such ordnances are no longer enforceable. As with every new change time will tell.

Thoughts.

This topic was edited
RE:10th Circuit opinion on topless women

Thoughts.
Makes me wonder how many times ordinances that discriminate against women need to be struck down before councils, boards, commissions and other rule makers get the message. It's unconstitutional people.

This post was edited

New York State had a similar ruling years ago.
While it is legal for women to be topless at parks, beaches and some other places, very few are.

This post was edited

I believe that even though some women prefer to be topless or at least braless, society will still shun and degrade those who choose to exercise that right. The back lash that women get for breastfeeding in public is shameful but at least they have a medically proven reason. Those few women that dont care what society has to say will be the only ones.

This post was edited

Those few women that dont care what society has to say will be the only ones.

All social trends start with a few, then a few more join in, and the numbers will continue to grow. That said, there will always be those who think that they need a top on even if it exposes most of the breast as long as it covers the nipple and areola. It is likely that more would shed their tops if they knew they would not be subjected to stares and catcalls from men and shunning by other women. They will also have to feel that it is OK to not have the perfect size and shape.

This post was edited

I agree Hooper. It will take a few generations of freed nipple living before it will start to catch on I think. Perhaps with mainstream publication and Facebook allowing topless women the trend will catch on.

There is no perfect size or shape. I hope that is something that is conveyed by society as well.

This post was edited

and Facebook allowing topless women the trend will catch on..
Did I read this right? Facebook allows topless photos now?? I'm not on FB but I've heard they don't and thought they'd be the last Site on the Web to allow it.

This post was edited

and Facebook allowing topless women the trend will catch on..Did I read this right? Facebook allows topless photos now?? I'm not on FB but I've heard they don't and thought they'd be the last Site on the Web to allow it.

I doubt it. Facebook has even deleted pictures of classic art containing nudity.

This post was edited

No Facebook does not allow any nudity. What I was saying is that for society to change their view of topless women, major publications that currently allow topless men and social media sites like facebook, will have to start allowing topless women as well. Then, young women who have grown up seeing other women topless will feel more comfortable being topless in public.

This post was edited

Thanks for clarifying. I'm no fan of FB and their blanket, no exceptions, policy on nudity isn't even at the top of my list of peeves with them. I have a feeling it'll be the last peeve of mine they'll ever remedy though.

This post was edited

3 days - 10 posts - not 1 post from a woman. seems men want to see boobs.

This post was edited