Non-nudist partners that "converted" to nudism. What changed their mind?

I am using the term "converted" very loosely here. What I am talking about are partners that initially said: "Not just no but HECK NO!" to nudism; then ended up actually enjoying being naked. Be it at home or socially.

Was it the friendly nudists they met? Was it that they realized they actually enjoyed swimming/tanning nude?
Was it over a single event or was it a gradual thing?

This topic was edited
RE:Non-nudist partners that "converted" to nudism. What changed their mind?

Wife was a home nudist it was the social side. She was literally petrified of anyone but me seeing her nude. It was actually a combination of a couple things that she made the decision to step outside our home and private backyard. A new couple I had met on TN that Luann just loved from day 1 had some calming effect, I had made the decision to get involved with their club whether she was or not. If anyone knows anything about us we are joined at the hip. She gave it a try and soon there after we made several new couple friends. It was Luann that suggested that we get our own place.

This post was edited

Di was raised in a strict, Catholic family environment. Being nude was for bathing only. I'm certain that there was almost zero discussion about sex until we started to date at 16. I guess you could say I was the negative influence on her! She began by going braless, then pantiless on dates and immediately after we were married at 20, we began living as home/inside nudists.

We ventured nude outside at our 4th rented place. A home with a backyard that was fairly private but she was always nervous about it. We bought our first home and together made suggestions to make it private enough to be nude out there as much as possible. We already had our two girls and raising them as nudists. We spent many, many years as home/backyard nudists before I convinced her to try social nudism and the beach.

She began to really enjoy social nudism because of two women that changed her mind; Marianna Handler (San Onofre Beach, Trail 76 - The Beach Mom) and a older woman that was sitting close by us one day and talked with Di. It was these two women that solidified what I'd been saying about social nudism to Di for many years. They spoke to her from a female's perspective and shared fears and concerns Di had and validated her own fears and concerns but convinced her to use caution and not fear nudism or social nudism. I will be eternally grateful for their helping me to convert Di from home nudism to social nudism. Because of this, we've met some truly close, lifelong friends at a local resort.

This post was edited

In my first wife's case, the "transition" can be entirely attributed to meeting nudist women at Travelites, over a couple of trips (which she initially resisted). Cheri - and other women - helped my wife feel welcome in the nudist environment. But it was one nudist woman in particular, A., who befriended my wife and changed her mind completely about social nudity. Right from their first meeting they "hit it off" immediately - as they shared the same "silly" sense of humor. But it was when we caught up with her and her BF again, at a resort, that my wife really came out of her "shell" and found her "naked confidence." Being that she was really comfortable hanging out with them; she also came to be very comfortable being naked with them. Because A. and her BF also had friends they introduced us to, my wife's comfort being naked around them quickly expanded to include other people; and before long, she found herself really enjoying social nudism.

My current wife's "transition" actually has little to do with other people. For her it's really about the positive way it affects the relationship. It just sort of "hit her" last year: we're out in the natural setting of a resort, without the hubbub of the city life, being much more relaxed and "connected." She does enjoy swimming and socializing naked; but the nudity for her is mostly a "pathway" for the two of us to truly "be together."
Just last week end she stated that she wants to make nudity more a part of our lives; since she now sees nudity as a "spiritual connectedness" kind of thing. Well since it means more nudity at home and more resort trips, I'm all for it!

This post was edited

Annie was totally a "Heck No" ! But I think deep inside she had a suppressed curiosity.
When I first started to explore and was naked around the house all the time, she had a hard time with it and at times would get mad at me for walking around naked.
Eventually she realized this wasn't a "flash in the pan" and began to accept the new me!
I talked occasionally about the near by clubs without her showing any interest. Finally she said she was willing to accompany me as long as I didn't expect her to take her clothes off.
It was a nice visit to Bell Acres and the regulars were sociable. She eventually shed her top but that was as far as she was going.
The following spring we were booked for a 4 day convention in Orlando. I wanted to stay at Cypress Cove but she said no way!
I finally convinced he to spend the first night there and then we would go to the convention. She made it clear I was not to bug her about taking her clothes off or we're outta there!
When we arrived and checked into our room, it was REALLY nice! Then we got our things together for the pool.
We settled in poolside on our loungers and set up our beverages, she turns to me with a coy grin and peals off her suit. It was a WTF moment! She did it without a care or concern, like she had done it a hundred times before?????
Within the first hour we were cancelling our room at the convention Center and extending our stay at Cypress!
That "totally natural" wave just came over her and she was in her element.
Funny, she's more comfortable with socially nudity than she is at home at times. It's a real head scratcher! She never quits surprising me!
We've been there several times now and are always talking about our next visit, just wish it was a little closer!

This post was edited

My wife isn't even comfortable anyone nude except me. Any suggestions of to get her over that hurdle so I can encourage her to try visiting a clothing optional location?

This post was edited

My wife is still a "heck no" gal. Now that we are empty nesters she has gone in the hot tub with me naked a couple of times but just doesn't care to be with or see other people naked. I don't think she is going to change her mind. I on the other hand are naked almost all the time we are at home now and she's fine with it. And when we sell our house she says we need to get a vintage camper so I can spend more time at Cypress Cove and not have to sleep in a tent. At least I have that going for me.

This post was edited

It never seems to make sense to us why a wife would not want to partake in something so wholesome with her husband, even if it's just the two of them at home alone. It's more puzzling that some couples don't sit down with a cup of coffee, a drink or nothing at all and just talk about what the concerns, fears or out right dislike are for being nude around each other, except for sex. It seems there are some strong underlying issues, an incident in the past or strong fear of something that has not been addressed or discussed between two people that are spending their entire lives together. What type of relationship is it when two people won't discuss the most intimate issues between them?

Sometimes the non nudist needs to hear what the nudist has been pontificating for some time, from someone else. It helped in my case for converting Di from home nudism to social nudism... and we talked about nudism, social nudism and our life as nudists all the time. Nowadays, it's just a large part of who we are and how we live so the talking about it isn't as frequent but we still have open and honest conversations about it on occasion. It's that way about many things in our lives; money, family, friends... a marriage shouldn't be about surface stuff but should be more about those deep feelings, concerns, fears that can keep a couple living like brother and sister than husband and wife. Certainly being naked together as much as possible is a conversation I'd be wanting/mildly demanding to have with a non nudist partner.

This post was edited

We settled in poolside on our loungers and set up our beverages, she turns to me with a coy grin and peals off her suit. It was a WTF moment! She did it without a care or concern, like she had done it a hundred times before?????

Ya know I have had many a notion they do stuff such as this to mind freak us. On a whim or cause they can what man could know?
Old story but it was one of those Mind Freak moments in this house. Luann told me once if she ever did get naked in front of people she could not ever do so in front of my best friend who she looks at and up to like a big brother. I'm not going to lie when we were all in our Hot Tub and she would be in a Bikini and everyone but her wearing nothing that he wasn't curious what she looked like naked and she knew that. Fast forward he called me and said his back was really hurting and wanted to come over and get in the tub and soak. He arrived, him and I got undressed from work, I asked Luann if she wanted to get in the tub with us and she said sure.

She left the kitchen where him and I were just yakking and I expected her to go get her bikini on as usual. She was gone for a bit and then came walking past us on the way to the Tub naked as she could be. Him and I both didn't break our conversation went on talking like we just didn't see that and we carried on with getting in the Hot Tub. (Him and I both knew what the other were thinking.... WTH just happened ??!!!) That moment was two things, a surprise mind freak for us both and what turned out to be a turning point in Luann facing the fear of being seen nude by close friends.

Ironic, he and his wife are coming over tomorrow for a naked brunch and visit. No guy certainly not me could have ever predicted this outcome some years ago. Hell I was here the whole time and wouldn't have guessed any of it would have ever come to where it is now. Mind Freak!

This post was edited

My wife is still a "heck no" gal. Now that we are empty nesters she has gone in the hot tub with me naked a couple of times but just doesn't care to be with or see other people naked. I don't think she is going to change her mind. I on the other hand are naked almost all the time we are at home now and she's fine with it. And when we sell our house she says we need to get a vintage camper so I can spend more time at Cypress Cove and ot have to sleep in a tent. At least I have that going for me.
Up to the Cypress Cove line similar to my situation.
Will she be going to Cypress Cove also or will you go without her?

This post was edited

My transition from heck no to yes was due to a fairly upsetting incident. My husband had been happily going to a resort with my knowledge and permission if you will but it was starting to cut into our already limited us time. So I was already pondering things because of this, but wasnt ready to consider going to the resort. Then HE got invited to a New Years Eve party, held by friends from the resort, who all had been told he was single. He wanted to go and I hesitantly said ok, so off he went. If he had asked me to go with, I would have because it was a private party, I could hopefully disrobe at my own level of comfort, and these were couples he knew and enjoyed spending time with. I didnt want to be excluded. But he went and I didnt get asked to join him. There were other things that came out after the fact, and I was very hurt , but because of this event I asked that he acknowledge me here on TN and to his friends, and I would join him at the resort. This event clarified for me how important nudism is to him and I didnt want it to be a make or break issue in our relationship. Like Andy said, it has to be a conversation, and at some point it had stopped being one between us. Obviously that has changed. I like the people hes friended, I like swimming nude, and I like being able to get away with him. I love my husband and want him to be happy, doing things he enjoys. And I believe our relationship is stronger because of it. - Mrs E

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy