Non-nudist partners that "converted" to nudism. What changed their mind?

I am using the term "converted" very loosely here. What I am talking about are partners that initially said: "Not just no but HECK NO!" to nudism; then ended up actually enjoying being naked. Be it at home or socially.

Was it the friendly nudists they met? Was it that they realized they actually enjoyed swimming/tanning nude?
Was it over a single event or was it a gradual thing?

This topic was edited
RE:Non-nudist partners that "converted" to nudism. What changed their mind?

Wife was a home nudist it was the social side. She was literally petrified of anyone but me seeing her nude. It was actually a combination of a couple things that she made the decision to step outside our home and private backyard. A new couple I had met on TN that Luann just loved from day 1 had some calming effect, I had made the decision to get involved with their club whether she was or not. If anyone knows anything about us we are joined at the hip. She gave it a try and soon there after we made several new couple friends. It was Luann that suggested that we get our own place.

This post was edited

In my first wife's case, the "transition" can be entirely attributed to meeting nudist women at Travelites, over a couple of trips (which she initially resisted). Cheri - and other women - helped my wife feel welcome in the nudist environment. But it was one nudist woman in particular, A., who befriended my wife and changed her mind completely about social nudity. Right from their first meeting they "hit it off" immediately - as they shared the same "silly" sense of humor. But it was when we caught up with her and her BF again, at a resort, that my wife really came out of her "shell" and found her "naked confidence." Being that she was really comfortable hanging out with them; she also came to be very comfortable being naked with them. Because A. and her BF also had friends they introduced us to, my wife's comfort being naked around them quickly expanded to include other people; and before long, she found herself really enjoying social nudism.

My current wife's "transition" actually has little to do with other people. For her it's really about the positive way it affects the relationship. It just sort of "hit her" last year: we're out in the natural setting of a resort, without the hubbub of the city life, being much more relaxed and "connected." She does enjoy swimming and socializing naked; but the nudity for her is mostly a "pathway" for the two of us to truly "be together."
Just last week end she stated that she wants to make nudity more a part of our lives; since she now sees nudity as a "spiritual connectedness" kind of thing. Well since it means more nudity at home and more resort trips, I'm all for it!

This post was edited

Annie was totally a "Heck No" ! But I think deep inside she had a suppressed curiosity.
When I first started to explore and was naked around the house all the time, she had a hard time with it and at times would get mad at me for walking around naked.
Eventually she realized this wasn't a "flash in the pan" and began to accept the new me!
I talked occasionally about the near by clubs without her showing any interest. Finally she said she was willing to accompany me as long as I didn't expect her to take her clothes off.
It was a nice visit to Bell Acres and the regulars were sociable. She eventually shed her top but that was as far as she was going.
The following spring we were booked for a 4 day convention in Orlando. I wanted to stay at Cypress Cove but she said no way!
I finally convinced he to spend the first night there and then we would go to the convention. She made it clear I was not to bug her about taking her clothes off or we're outta there!
When we arrived and checked into our room, it was REALLY nice! Then we got our things together for the pool.
We settled in poolside on our loungers and set up our beverages, she turns to me with a coy grin and peals off her suit. It was a WTF moment! She did it without a care or concern, like she had done it a hundred times before?????
Within the first hour we were cancelling our room at the convention Center and extending our stay at Cypress!
That "totally natural" wave just came over her and she was in her element.
Funny, she's more comfortable with socially nudity than she is at home at times. It's a real head scratcher! She never quits surprising me!
We've been there several times now and are always talking about our next visit, just wish it was a little closer!

This post was edited

My wife isn't even comfortable anyone nude except me. Any suggestions of to get her over that hurdle so I can encourage her to try visiting a clothing optional location?

This post was edited

My wife is still a "heck no" gal. Now that we are empty nesters she has gone in the hot tub with me naked a couple of times but just doesn't care to be with or see other people naked. I don't think she is going to change her mind. I on the other hand are naked almost all the time we are at home now and she's fine with it. And when we sell our house she says we need to get a vintage camper so I can spend more time at Cypress Cove and not have to sleep in a tent. At least I have that going for me.

This post was edited

We settled in poolside on our loungers and set up our beverages, she turns to me with a coy grin and peals off her suit. It was a WTF moment! She did it without a care or concern, like she had done it a hundred times before?????

Ya know I have had many a notion they do stuff such as this to mind freak us. On a whim or cause they can what man could know?
Old story but it was one of those Mind Freak moments in this house. Luann told me once if she ever did get naked in front of people she could not ever do so in front of my best friend who she looks at and up to like a big brother. I'm not going to lie when we were all in our Hot Tub and she would be in a Bikini and everyone but her wearing nothing that he wasn't curious what she looked like naked and she knew that. Fast forward he called me and said his back was really hurting and wanted to come over and get in the tub and soak. He arrived, him and I got undressed from work, I asked Luann if she wanted to get in the tub with us and she said sure.

She left the kitchen where him and I were just yakking and I expected her to go get her bikini on as usual. She was gone for a bit and then came walking past us on the way to the Tub naked as she could be. Him and I both didn't break our conversation went on talking like we just didn't see that and we carried on with getting in the Hot Tub. (Him and I both knew what the other were thinking.... WTH just happened ??!!!) That moment was two things, a surprise mind freak for us both and what turned out to be a turning point in Luann facing the fear of being seen nude by close friends.

Ironic, he and his wife are coming over tomorrow for a naked brunch and visit. No guy certainly not me could have ever predicted this outcome some years ago. Hell I was here the whole time and wouldn't have guessed any of it would have ever come to where it is now. Mind Freak!

This post was edited

My wife is still a "heck no" gal. Now that we are empty nesters she has gone in the hot tub with me naked a couple of times but just doesn't care to be with or see other people naked. I don't think she is going to change her mind. I on the other hand are naked almost all the time we are at home now and she's fine with it. And when we sell our house she says we need to get a vintage camper so I can spend more time at Cypress Cove and ot have to sleep in a tent. At least I have that going for me.
Up to the Cypress Cove line similar to my situation.
Will she be going to Cypress Cove also or will you go without her?

This post was edited

My transition from heck no to yes was due to a fairly upsetting incident. My husband had been happily going to a resort with my knowledge and permission if you will but it was starting to cut into our already limited us time. So I was already pondering things because of this, but wasnt ready to consider going to the resort. Then HE got invited to a New Years Eve party, held by friends from the resort, who all had been told he was single. He wanted to go and I hesitantly said ok, so off he went. If he had asked me to go with, I would have because it was a private party, I could hopefully disrobe at my own level of comfort, and these were couples he knew and enjoyed spending time with. I didnt want to be excluded. But he went and I didnt get asked to join him. There were other things that came out after the fact, and I was very hurt , but because of this event I asked that he acknowledge me here on TN and to his friends, and I would join him at the resort. This event clarified for me how important nudism is to him and I didnt want it to be a make or break issue in our relationship. Like Andy said, it has to be a conversation, and at some point it had stopped being one between us. Obviously that has changed. I like the people hes friended, I like swimming nude, and I like being able to get away with him. I love my husband and want him to be happy, doing things he enjoys. And I believe our relationship is stronger because of it. - Mrs E

This post was edited

During one of our visits to Laguna Del Sol I was talking about this topic with a couple that Ive gotten to know and the wife said something interesting. She said her hesitation was because of how the media has made it look like everyone has this great body and she did not want to go and see all these naked people with great bodies and have it thrown in her face that she was heavy etc. When she finally went is when the ah hah moment came realizing she was just like everyone else and that perfect media body either doesnt exist or is as rare as precious metal.

I lucked out in that my wife was supportive but did not understand. Back in 98 we were planning a trip to Jamaica and I asked her if we could stay on the nude side of Grand Lido. She said yes but I was not to push expect or anything as she was not going to participate. Long story short, on the second day she got rid of the swim suit and that was the last we saw of it.

This post was edited

Ya know I have had many a notion they do stuff such as this to mind freak us. On a whim or cause they can what man could know?

In the early days this was a constant thing with my first wife. On our first ever nudist trip (at WTP) she pretty much stayed covered up. Around other people she was especially shy. Right as we're getting ready to leave and are at the car changing, the manager steps out to say goodbye to us. My wife, in the midst of changing, just drops everything without even blinking and walks directly towards the manager, naked and unashamed; and proceeds to have a 10 minute conversation with him, without a hint of self-consciousness. But then afterwards she got shy again...
It happened again at the non-landed club, where even after her second visit she still did not part with her sarong. Then she goes off inside the house; and reemerges later, naked, and proceeds to set up the table for the food to be brought out on. Not a hint of self-consciousness. Not only that but while dining she volunteered to refill people's drinks, bring them plates of food and take empty plates. One man even mentioned that my wife appeared to be a "seasoned nudist." I just nodded, thinking to myself: "not really...I'm actually totally in shock right now"...lol! But then after that evening...yeap she got shy again...
One of the final "huh?!" moments was while we visited some nudist friends before heading out to the resort. Our female friend had mentioned that her tinted windows allowed her to drive naked to the resort. When we got ready to leave, my wife immediately requested to ride with her. I wasn't sure what was on her mind; until we got to the resort (I drove with out male friend). And I saw her jump out of the Jeep naked. She then proceeds to just walk into the front office naked to check-in; no trace of self-consciousness. This time though, she did not get shy again afterwards. She "retired" her sarong for good.

It may look like "whim-driven" nudity; but I think there was a "method to the madness." She was going with "feeling" and "pushing herself" based on circumstances, overcoming her shyness in "increments."
With the resort manager, she'd probably been questioning her ability to interact naked with another person throughout the day. As we were getting ready to leave, the opportunity to find that out was coming to an end. So when the manager interacted with us, and she was already in a semi-naked state, it became a "now or perhaps never" situation for her, leading to the impulsive decision to just drop all her clothes and having that interaction.
At the non-landed club potluck: same situation, but this time amongst a crowd of people.
With the "naked ride" situation, I think it was about finding out how "far" she could go with nudity. She had been socially nude at that point; but mostly intermittently over the course of the 2-3 hours we'd spend at the resort/club. She was comfortable around our friends, so when the opportunity came up to totally leave her clothes behind and have no "safety net" for an entire day: she just went for it. For her that was the final stage of overcoming shyness "in increments." At our following resort trip she left all her clothes in the car, fully confident and comfortable just staying naked.

Usually what seems to be "whim-driven" actually has a lot of forethought and feelings involved. It just that when it happens it's so "off the wall" that is leaves us thinking: "ok...so what the heck JUST happened?!?" LOL!!

This post was edited