Have your feelings about being photographed at a nude beach changed over the years?

I know mine have. When I was in my 20's I was at a secluded beach on Lake Ontario and was laying out nude. I heard a clicking noise and looked back to see an old guy with a 35 mm camera taking pictures of me. I was furious and chased him down. I yelled at him and told him you don't take pictures of nude people without their permission. I grabbed his camera and removed the film (Yeah, it was that long ago) and pulled the film out and held it up to the sun. He is lucky I did not beat him up I was so mad. He offered to pay me to do a nude photo shoot and I refused. The thought of being photographed nude really bothered me. Fast forward a few years to 2001 and while on vacation accepted a dare from 2 couples that were staying at the same hotel as me that the women would send nude pics to Playboy Magazine and the men would send them into Playgirl. Well of all of us, mine is the only one that got accepted. They sent me a letter requesting another signed release form and saying they would pay me for it. I just moved to Florida at that time and was strapped for cash so I signed it and the photo was published in the "Real Men" section. For a couple months after it was published I would get approached by women at Haulover Beach wanting to take pictures of them. I always agreed figuring that a full frontal nude pic of me was just published in a national magazine so it was no secret what I looked like nude, and I was getting more comfortable being photographed nude. At that point I started the policy that I never refuse any women's request to take pics of me nude. Fast forward to the present. Now that everyone has a phone with a camera and a lot of people are texting? at the beach I know I have been photographed several times at the nude beach, plus having participated in 3 World Naked Bike Rides about 20,000 people have taken pics or video of me riding nude. I have found that I now enjoy being photographed nude and have reached the age that I don't care if the pics get out and take the fact that people actually want to take pics of me nude as a compliment. I now have a sign that it is OK to take pics of me that I put on my umbrella at the beach.
How have your feelings changed over the years?

This topic was edited
RE:Have your feelings about being photographed at a nude beach changed over the years?

Yes, my attitude has changed over the years. I think it has more to do with age and as I age, I realize that what others think of me matters less to me than what it did when I was much younger.

I havent had my photos published in a national magazine, only online on a few sites. As far as I know, no one other than myself has taken any photos of me nude either, just ones I have taken of myself. When I first started posting my photos online, I made a serious effort to make sure my face wasnt shown, that no identifiable features were shown (birthmarks, tattoos, etc.), and that nothing in the background was uniquely identifiable to me. Granted, there might have been a few people who could have identified a specific combination of things in some of the photos, but then those would have been people who I would have invited to take the photos for me if I knew that they were into something like that.

More recently, I have been taking photos that show my face, and some of them I even leave the metadata (including the phone GPS location) in the photo when I post them. If someone would approach me and ask to photograph me naked, I would probably accept the offer, its just that not many people will ask an old guy to let them take his photo while hes nude.

This post was edited
RE:Have your feelings about being photographed at a nude beach changed over the years?

I honestly have no objection to being photographed in the nude. Whether a candid random pic at a beach or venue or a posed one. Click away. Several tasteful nude pics of myself or others are on display in my home. Plus I have been filmed while nude and the resulting video is part of a young man's bicycle journey across the USA. That documentary has been shown on Italian Bike TV. I was even unknowingly captured on film while sunbathing nude faceup in my backyard by a low flying plane. The resulting aerial pic of my homestead hangs in my kitchen. As for changing my attitude I was a bit shyer 30 some years ago. But gave up giving a rat's ass what others might think years ago.

This post was edited

I have become much more comfortable with the prospect that someone might take a nude pic of me on a beach. But in my 20s I would have reacted just like the OP did.

Age, how far along I am in my work life, my improved comfort level in who I am/have become all play a role. A nude pic just isn't that big a deal anymore.

But even now I dislike the idea of the trolls furtively taking pics without permission. It's a nuisance I wish beachgoers didn't have to put up with.

This post was edited

If you're bothered about being photographed, stay out of public places. I have and always will take photos in public, and nobody will ever prevent me from doing so.

This post was edited

I'm of the firm belief "if you don't want to be photographed nude, then don't go nude in public or socially" even the once sacred nudist domain of the nudist resort, now everyone is walking around with a phone that has a camera on it. I remember the first time I was approached by the resort staff, while taking nude photo's of my wife and was informed cameras were not allowed in the resort. Then as I was being scolded about taking photos the managers phone rang and she answered it and I said "what were you saying about camera's?" then I said at least people can see that I'm taking photos, with a phone "nobody knows who is taking your photo?"

This post was edited

Hell as a women I enjoy it to be honest. The thought of others seeing me nude is a complete turn on. That does not mean that I want to have sex with the person but it means its exciting to still have people check you out.

This post was edited

Part of going nude is seeing and being seen regardless of some comments to the contrary. There is a need in each of us to be wanted and appreciated. That comes in different forms, pictures and teasing can be a great fun venue that way. There is a space between the person being photographed and the photographer, sometimes small but, so there is a bubble there but can still be a very fun way to enjoy or assets and have someone show how they enjoy our openness.

This post was edited

I have come to the point that I am not worried about having my photo taken while I am nude. My nude time is either in my house or in a location that nudity is expected. A nude photo of me would depict a nudist living in the nudist lifestyle.

If a photo like that was then published, without manipulation, then it would be spreading the nudist lifestyle to someone that may be curious. I am not one to beat the nudist drum. I will not be the leader of a nudist protest. I have not, yet, put myself out in an event that would be viewed by textiles ie. naked bike rides, Bay to Breakers and such. I am not beyond doing one or the other but I believe I need to finish my career first. However, if a photo was taken of me it would be while I am participating in nude activities that I would like to be accepted as normal behavior.

I am comfortable in my skin. Click away.

This post was edited

I've changed drastically. From being scared to be seen nude for many years to I don't care. And while I don't pose for pictures naked and don't want to be looked at with an intent to lust. If I get pictured somewhere while lacking clothes it won't bother me like it once would have.

This post was edited

If you don't want to be photographed, don't be nude in public places. I have and and always will take photos wherever I wish when in public. AND, nobody will ever stop me.

This post was edited