Too dressed for too long

Had a 24 hour heart monitor from yesterday morning to this morning.
The technician said it was recommended to clip it to my night clothes but I could set it on the mattress or nightstand,
After trying those 2 options and having it fall off each in a manner of minutes, I decided the wise move would be to put on gym shorts for the night.
To make matters worse, today was my sem-annual full body exam at the dermatologist, which is one of the very few times I wear underwear.
Since I had errands to do also, I actually had it on for several hours.
Finally home and the underwear is off and I am in loose shorts, t-shirt and slippers since it is a little chilly to be nude.
Will start baking soon and as the kitchen warms up the shirt, slippers and shorts will go in that order.

This topic was edited
RE:Too dressed for too long

Why would you wear underpants to the doctor -- particularly with a dermatologist, who, no doubt, needs to see all of your skin?

I don't even own underpants and I have absolutely no use for them.

This post was edited

Had a 24 hour heart monitor from yesterday morning to this morning.The technician said it was recommended to clip it to my night clothes but I could set it on the mattress or nightstand,After trying those 2 options and having it fall off each in a manner of minutes, I decided the wise move would be to put on gym shorts for the night.To make matters worse, today was my sem-annual full body exam at the dermatologist, which is one of the very few times I wear underwear.Since I had errands to do also, I actually had it on for several hours.Finally home and the underwear is off and I am in loose shorts, t-shirt and slippers since it is a little chilly to be nude.Will start baking soon and as the kitchen warms up the shirt, slippers and shorts will go in that order.

I went to the dermatologist for my 6 month exam today. I put black swim briefs in my cargo shorts pocket and when I took my clothes off in the examination room, I slipped them on. When the doctor examined me, I reminded him that I swam and sunned nude so he knew that he should check everything. We talked about reason why some people swim and sun nude and other don't. That lead me to comment that some people don't wear underwear and how did that work since his staff always tells me to leave my underwear on. He replied that he has staff say that because he believes that is what most patients prefer but some patients are comfortable being nude for the exam and he has no problem with that. Now I know that I don't have to bring the swim brief next time. I should have asked sooner!

This post was edited

I have a differnt situation. Restless leg syndrome and sleep apnea have me scheduled for another sleep study in a couple of weeks. I sleep nude at night and for naps but they want me in shorts and a tee shirt so the wires don't get tangled and ripped off. During the last study I felt like I was awake more than asleep and part of the reason for that was getting twisted up in the clothing. Definitely too dressed for too long.

This post was edited

I have a differnt situation. Restless leg syndrome and sleep apnea have me scheduled for another sleep study in a couple of weeks. I sleep nude at night and for naps but they want me in shorts and a tee shirt so the wires don't get tangled and ripped off. During the last study I felt like I was awake more than asleep and part of the reason for that was getting twisted up in the clothing. Definitely too dressed for too long.

I can sleep in shorts when necessary but prefer not to and only do when I am sharing a room with someone other than my wife.
If I am wearing anything above the waist or below the knee, I can't sleep at all.

This post was edited

I too have restless leg syndrome and have nights where its like my body forgot what sleep is. A couple people we know suggested CBD. It tried it and it helps a lot! I get CBD tincture from putekana.com, when I lay down and my leg starts up I get up use the dropper to put some under my tongue like I did a few minutes ago and after a little while my leg settles and I drift off to sleep. Its definitely worth trying.

This post was edited

I did a sleep study once.... have me scheduled for another sleep study in a couple of weeks. I sleep nude at night and for naps but they want me in shorts and a tee shirt so the wires don't get tangled and ripped off. During the last study I felt like I was awake more than asleep and part of the reason for that was getting twisted up in the clothing. Definitely too dressed for too long.Long time ago. They told me to get ready to go to sleep and they'd be right back. Sit is this chair.

When the female nurse/technician returned, I was sitting nude in the chair -- that's how I sleep. I figured they were medical professionals and wouldn't care -- why would they? Even lots of textiles sleep nude. My oldest brother does and you can hardly find a more textile person than he is -- nudity is sinful -- don't you know.

She got everything hooked up -- all the monitor things stuck to me all over the place with all the wires while I was nude. And then suddenly said: No. You can't be nude.
I said, but this is how I normally sleep.
I understand, but you can't be nude for the study -- insisted I put some shorts on.
I had some and put them on. I wish I hadn't brought any. Would they have cancelled the study simply because I didn't bring shorts? Probably not.
Anyway, they gave me a pill that put me to sleep, so sleeping wasn't an issue.

This post was edited

Perhaps if you brought and wore a woman's nightgown to the study, they would not complain - lol.

This post was edited

A couple of years ago I needed my pacemaker swapped out. An outpatient procedure where they give you something to relax you but not knock you out. I dressed normal jeans and a shirt no underwear. I have been going commando for decades. I got there and they told me to strip to my underwear and put on the flimsy gown. So I stripped completely and got on the bed with the gown. The prep nurse came in and folded my gown down to shave off my few chest hairs. Then the doc stuck his head in and said he might have to do a temporary pacemaker while he swapped out the real one. He said my recovery time would be 4 hours not 2 but did not elaborate. They wheeled me into the OR me fully aware of what was going on. A half dozen staff milling around. A male nurse said he would need to prep me in case the doc needed to do the temp . He then drew up my gown and with a towel over my penis shave off my pubes. He did seem surprised I had no underwear. He assured me he would keep me covered and I told him " don't worry I am not modest". Just after he got done the doc came in and said " I am definitely not going to do the temp". I joked with the room " it looks like I have a new look for the nude beach in Australia next month with friends". I did some investigating and found that to do temp pacemaker they puncture the vien in the groin and run a tube up like a heart Cath. I am very glad they did not do that my new look at the nude beach would have been a huge ugly bruise instead of missing pubes.

This post was edited

My wife and I have both worn Holter Monitors. Yes, we both could have just worn shorts but figured since we don't want to, it was easier for us to spend the night naked, under a blanket on the sectional in our recliners. Were we being a bit too committed to sleeping naked, probably, but we weren't going to sleep anyway, so we thought we'd at least get a little, naked in the recliner.

My wife had to wear hers about a month ago and it was cold out, so she was wearing her robe in the mornings and just put the monitor in her robe pocket. I wore mine many years ago during a warmer part of the year. Mine was worn around my neck. It was a PITA but at least I could remain naked. My wife grin and bared it and just wore her robe with the monitor in her pocket. We didn't go anywhere for the time we both had to wear the device, but we also have worn clothes for too long and it makes it a bit edgy! haha

Thankfully, we have doctors that don't think about it or need to give their opinions about or lack of wearing underwear, especially our dermatologist and primary doctor (both women). I haven't worn underwear in over 50 years and my wife frequently goes without but usually wears them when she's going to the doctors. It's her choice and it's not that big a deal.

This post was edited

I just had my experience with a holter heart monitor for a day. They offered the option of hanging it around my neck, rather than clipping to clothes, so of course I chose that. But all the dangly wires were really ungainly, so I found the tightest T-shirt on the shelf and pulled that on to hold things in place. And Donald-Ducking feels really weird to me, so I wore pajama pants, too.

This post was edited