RE:Race Calendar

This is good, thank you all!

This post was edited

Lake Como Dare to go Bare has just been postponed due to COVID 19. No new date yet.

This post was edited

Lake Como Dare to go Bare has just been postponed due to COVID 19. No new date yet.

Thought it sounded ambitious that they were still going to have it when they were discussing closing the indoor part of the Butt Hutt and the Bare Buns. After finally visiting there last month, would love to do that 5K through the trails.

This post was edited

Per the AANR Southwest website, the Bare Buns Run in McDade TX has been postponed. The Skinnydipper Sun Run in Decatur TX has been rescheduled for Sept.26. Not sure who's running the 5K Series, but that's the latest update I've seen.

This post was edited

I have a feeling the Sunny Rest 7k Trail Race is going to be cancelled this year, and not because of anything to do with covid. I was at Sunny Rest for opening weekend and a vast majority of the nature trail has been closed, including the entrance at the top of the hill. You can only use the entrance down by the parking lot, and then the trail only goes up through that little valley with a small loop at the top and you have to go back out the way you came in. Most of the old trails are blocked by fallen trees or huge piles of rhododendron branches, all very strategically placed to prevent access. I asked about it at the office, and they said that they recently discovered that most of the trails were on someone else's land! I looked it all up on Zillow and sure enough, their property line clearly ends where a lot of the trails began. My guess is this became an issue when they built that dog run up there last year. Walking around on someone else's land usually isn't that big of a deal but once you build something on it, it's a whole new ballgame.

This post was edited

Just saw a post that the June 5k at Sunny Rest will be cancelled. The organizers are confident the 7k trail run will happen! Let's hope all goes well!

This post was edited

Sad to hear that about the Sunny Rest 5K. Keeping my fingers crossed for the 7K!

This post was edited

The Sunny Rest 5K is back on for June 27! The organizers un-cancelled it because the county it's in is going Green earlier than they expected. For more info:

https://www.pretzelcitysports.com/calendar_event/wiggle-jiggle-giggle-clothing-optional-5k-road-race-1-mile-fun-run-walk/

This post was edited

Thanks for the update Jim! Just saw it myself!

This post was edited

Jim,
The Sunny Rest 7k is on! I spoke with the Pretzel City Sports folks at the 5k. They are working out any issues!
I hope to see everyone there!

This post was edited