Paid Membership

I have been with this site for about 2 years. You may remember me as "campbuff." When the site became, less than wholesome, I removed myself as I was trying to offer my wife a, safe, wholesome, avenue to experience social nudism and friendships. We are not swingers, by the way.
When the owner of the site became more hands on and appointed moderators, I felt it "safe" to come back and create a couples profile, and since none of this is free to the owner, felt I needed to support him by becoming a paid member. With the success of the site, I have experienced, several times, when I was unable to get into the chat room due to so many people logged into it. I understand the limit of logins has been increased, but I still and denied entry. So I am wondering... The only benefit of being a paid member is to see all of the members photos, unless they are are blocked for friends, or to see the twenty, or so, pictures in each of the gallery categories. Which basically reduces being a paid member into being a voyeur.
It would be nice if paid, certified members, had preference in accessing the chat functions, during extremely busy times, as a thank you for supporting the site. It seems that only getting to see naked people's pictures, that are usually fake, is little reward for supporting this site.
Thanks for reading.
Rumrunners (campbuff)

This topic was edited
RE: Paid Membership

I agree with MA . . . I paid to support the website.

This post was edited

I agree as well! I like supporting one of my favorite sites!

This post was edited

I'm paid for the same reason I have paid to listen to "free" public radio - I want to support a service that I value. It might clean up the site a bit (in a couple of senses) if only paid members could start a group.

This post was edited

We're paid members for the same reason. We like the site, and the new "hands on" attitude of the owner. I understand the financial commitment it takes for the owner. That being said, as paying members it is not unreasonable to expect that a service offered on a site be rendered in a quality and professional way. Even if it is not a service you use.
If there was a tiered membership, giving additional value, it would help with the issues of fakes, gawkers, and perverts. Enhanced membership would produce well deserved and much needed revenue to this site and the owner.

This post was edited

I am another one who is a paid member mainly to support the site. $4.94 a month -- I can afford that. Being able to see more than 5 photos of somebody is insignificant.

This post was edited
Having trouble getting it to work, but will be supporting!

I tried, but couldn't get it to work, just kept coming back to asking for a credit card. Later I found email that said it had been declined, which makes me think that maybe "truenudist" got passed to them and they rejected it for that? I think paypal has problems with this sort of thing too. I don't like giving real credit card info to websites, which rarely are setup to handle it securely (discover has virtual cards and with paypal, the site never gets any confidential information in the first place). I guess I'll have to get a visa that has virtual cards...but I do intend to support the site!

This post was edited

I don't use chat and the full access to albums and the gallery is irrelevant. Nevertheless I'm a "paid" member because I'm aware of the costs of maintaining a website the size of TN. I believe in supporting those sites that I enjoy. Ditto CFI and NCH.

Just think about the data fees this site must have to pay for being online. It's worth it.

This post was edited