How to deal with neighjbors...

...who can possibly look over the fence? I've seen a lot of topics but the most recent one close is about "...how close are your neighbors..." almost a year ago. Sometimes I see neighbors' heads but if they are closer to the fence they do not need any help to get the full picture. I am building my pool and plan even more time outside in the nude. My friends will learn that pool and spa area is clothing optional...not to say nude for me. My 21-yo son is OK, my GF is naked with me too. How do you deal with neighbors, do you care? Did you tell them what to expect when they sneak over?

This topic was edited
RE:How to deal with neighjbors...

I got tired of sneeking around my own yard so I brought it up to them one day in a text ,it took a little bit to get back to me but they said it's your yard it would not bother us . Have to say it was a little different first time my neighbors wife saw me she waved and said hi . That was 3 years ago

This post was edited

my backyard is pretty private on both sides with trees and growth problem is the very back yard as my house sits up and the yard slants down , my neighbors of 20+ years recently move the wife no doubt seen me numerous times nude don't think she really approved but accepted it now new neighbors I haven't met but if the look up from their kitchen or back porch can pretty much see me when i'm nude in the laundry room still not sure how I will decide on going nude in my backyard it's still cool here so waiting for spring and warm weather to play it by ear.

This post was edited

I'm not sure who can look over my fence...I'm about 25% finished and the low part is about 78" and I'm not sure how high the high part will end up. I'm using 120" ( I do have a few 144") 4X4 buried 30" inches in the ground so about 90" or so will be the max on any one level. It is on a hill so it varies. Between the distance & the few trees...I should be safe...or that's my plan.

This post was edited

I live on a 11 acre property. Lots of privacy because of all the trees. About 5 years ago my wife and I were framing our house. I was completely naked and working on the roof trusses. I heard a noise so I turned around to see my neighbor lady running down my long 350 foot driveway. She lives across the street and wanted to talk to us so she came walking up our driveway. She obviously saw my naked butt up in the trusses so she turned around and began to run down the driveway. My wife was clothed so she ran down the driveway to see what she wanted. My wife didn't catch up to the neighbor lady until she was at the bottom of the 350 foot driveway. The neighbor lady turned around and pretended that she was just coming up to see us. Ever since that day, the neighbor lady calls our cell phones before she comes up our driveway. We have never talked about my nudist lifestyle. Perhaps some day I'll have to bring the subject up.

This post was edited

We live in the city dead end street nothing on my left side but neighbor on my right we have a detached grage that blocks half our back yard

This post was edited

My house is on a 2 1/2 acre lot and is set back farther than the house on each side. My backyard is private on the left and in the back with palmettos trees and wetlands. On the right side my neighbors can see me if they really try and if they are back tending to their horses so I really don't worry about it too much. Since my bushes have filled in around the driveway by the garage I can also be out there without being seen pretty much.

This post was edited

...who can possibly look over the fence? I've seen a lot of topics but the most recent one close is about "...how close are your neighbors..." almost a year ago. Sometimes I see neighbors' heads but if they are closer to the fence they do not need any help to get the full picture. I am building my pool and plan even more time outside in the nude. My friends will learn that pool and spa area is clothing optional...not to say nude for me. My 21-yo son is OK, my GF is naked with me too. How do you deal with neighbors, do you care? Did you tell them what to expect when they sneak over?

The people that matter are fine with your nudity and or participate with you. I've always looked at it that if you provide yourself with reasonable privacy and they can see you easily, you need a bit more privacy. But, if the neighbors need to do a bit more than normal to look into your private backyard, then they are in the wrong and are actually being voyeurs/peeping toms.

Had I/we had it to do over again, we'd have talked with our next door neighbors prior but in the beginning, they weren't very friendly. They haven't gotten any friendlier but they've seen us naked numerous times and probably don't want to be too friendly! hahahaha

This post was edited

We have a 5'6" fence between us and our only next door neighbor. He's 6' so he can see over the fence. If he walked up next to the fence, the top of the fence would hit just under his nose. He's looked over our way many times and I've just waved. I think he's gotten embarrassed because we "caught" him looking. I've/we've been back there naked so often that I think he's gotten so used to it and figures... there's nothing new to see! hahaha We have spent lots of money and time adding to the privacy on ALL sides of our property. Still, I assume some neighbors can see into our backyard but after 12 years of enjoying our slice of nudist paradise, we've not had complaints or the cops at our front door. All you can do is provide yourself with what you feel is ample privacy screening. Hope that if they can still see you, they are good enough neighbors to tell you about it and help you remedy the situation.

We had a neighbor across the street that could see into our side yard from their upstairs windows. She would walk on her treadmill in the late afternoons after work. I'd/we'd be working on that side yard and never noticed her in those windows. She later came to the house for a signature for some HOA paperwork and as we talked about her project she said, "if someone doesn't like seeing what your doing in your backyard, they shouldn't be looking in your backyard. You should be able to do what you want back there!" Led us to believe she'd seen us and was fine with it.

This post was edited

When I wanted to repair my fence, a contractor told me I couldn't go over 6 feet because the fire department needed to be able to get over it. I still wanted to go higher than 6 feet so I talked with my neighbors about replacing the sagging top piece with one 6" higher. All agreed to it. Even though the top was now over 7', I reasoned that the fire dept could tear of the top 18 inches easily with their tools.

After completion, one, an elderly Asian man , got his step ladder and ostensibly checked his garage roof while I was doing some gardenuding. My wife noticed him through the window and advised me. Good laugh. Never noticed him again.

This post was edited

I have a 6' fence and added 2' of lattice on top in parts of the yard. On the east side of me it's only the 6'. I told my neighbor who's 76, hey just in case you pop your head over the fence to ask me something, just so you know, I'm usually nude in the backyard he was like OK

This post was edited