RE:Shooting For 30 Days Naked

I like that big glass door in the back of your RV. I'm sure that makes if feel much larger inside. It's especially nice when you have a view like your enjoying now.

This post was edited

I like that big glass door in the back of your RV. I'm sure that makes if feel much larger inside. It's especially nice when you have a view like your enjoying now.Thanks. It's not a glass door, however. It's a ramp door for loading motorcycles, side-by-sides, scooters. I have a bug screen and curtains over it.

This post was edited

Day 14 - Still naked. Still here. Temperature was warmer today. It's supposed to get into the low 80s tomorrow (Feb 19, 2020). I went out on another scooter ride, this time to see how far I could ride along the BLM road. I got about 7 miles out until the road hit a long muddy patch (from the rain nearly a week ago). I didn't attempt to ride around it like I have done in other muddy patches. So all in all, 14 miles of naked scooter riding today.

Otherwise, I got some work done on a client's website. It pays the bills. They pay us a monthly fee to maintain their hosting and do whatever changes they want done to the website. Some months they don't need anything.

I find that I'm using the radiant heater less and less as the days get warmer. I'm writing this right now at 9:50pm, and it is getting cool inside the trailer, but I'm not cold. I wonder if my body's metabolism has adjusted, and is keeping my core warm, but letting my skin cool. The thermostat inside my trailer reads 71F, while the thermometer I have outside reads 58F. And that's without a heater running.

Don't have a photo to share with you today.

This post was edited

Day - 15 - And I've reached the half-way point of my 30-day continuous naked camp in the Arizona desert. I'm doing pretty good with supplies. My water tank still has plenty in it, I've probably only used about 25 out of 100 gallons. My sewage tanks seem like they have plenty of capacity. I do pee outside now and then, so I think that helps. I also have lots of food left, plenty of burger patties, sausage, chicken breast, rice, beans, canned food... There's actually enough food to last me another month at least. I still have half-a-flat of bottled water, and a few 8-pack cartons of flavored seltzer water.

My propane is doing good too. I'm still using the two original tanks I started this with. I still have two more full tanks waiting to be used. My on-board generator still has about 20 gallons of fuel, and it's a 36 gallon tank, but I started this challenge with about 22 gallons. I only run the generator to use the microwave oven or my Instant Pot.

My website development work still keeps me busy. I actually like doing this stuff. It gets me focused into my intellect, and once I get into a groove, I can go from morning to midnight. I have to tell myself to get outside and enjoy some sun.

As for the sun, it was a warmer day today. I had the ramp door down most of the day. It felt really nice to get that occasional breeze blowing into the trailer while I worked on my laptop. I did get out for a walk, twice. The first time was just a mile loop from the trailer and back this afternoon, and then I did the same loop again around sunset.

I did spot someone riding a side-by-side along the BLM road today. I heard them go by while I was working. That's the first OHV rider I've seen since I started doing this.

Thus far, I've stayed in touch with my wife. She's still in California visiting friends and relatives. She's been through San Diego, Riverside, Bakersfield, Tehachapi, and now she's up by Placerville. She expects to join me probably around the first week in March. By that time, I should hit my 30 days. She's quite intrigued by my challenge.

I basically told her at this point that I'm going to focus on remaining nude as much as possible, even after we leave this area. I'm trying to imagine myself starting this new persona as the "naked guy". I imagine my wife's friends will refer to me as her naked husband. There have been times when I did in fact remain nude when she had a friend come visit. I guess, I'm not sure why I felt I had put on clothes when other friends came over. My wife doesn't really mind it herself, she's just more concerned with nudity causing her friends to stay away.

The attached photo is of a Creosote plant blooming. I just now noticed today that many of them are starting to sprout blooms...

This post was edited

Thanks for continuing to write about your naked adventure, and letting us read about it. Glad to hear about your communicating with your wife, and for letting us in on your interest in living as "her naked husband" when you return to civilization. I do think that there are some interesting shifts that one makes both in one's body and one's psyche when one experiences living naked even for more than a couple of days at a time: it would be interesting to hear about how the world feels, both tactilely and psychically, after thirty days of naked life. Sounds like you don't need much encouragement to "hang in there". Allen

This post was edited

Days 16 & 17 - The weather has remained warm yesterday and today. My outside thermometer read 80F for the high today. Winds have been blowing all day today. Looks like a storm is coming in. The forecast says 80% chance of rain tonight, with 70% tomorrow morning.

It's a good thing I got to spend some good time outdoors today and yesterday. I did a 10 mile scooter ride yesterday, which was about 3-4 miles out on the BLM road, then found a large flat area where I could go off-road and explore for a bit before coming back to the road and returning to my trailer. Today, I did a mile walk. I've been doing these mile walks, which are just one mile loops from my trailer back. It's mostly to get myself outside and away from my laptop. Otherwise, I could easily stay at my laptop all day, and just work, work, work.

I notice I"m getting more tan too.

NakedBadger replied at post #79 of this thread...

I do think that there are some interesting shifts that one makes both in one's body and one's psyche when one experiences living naked even for more than a couple of days at a time: it would be interesting to hear about how the world feels, both tactilely and psychically, after thirty days of naked life.

And yeah, that's why I wanted to do this, to get my mind and body to make that shift. I wonder how much I'm hiding behind these fabrics in terms of being able to exaggerate truths, tell white lies, or otherwise give people the wrong impression of me.

About a few months ago, my wife and I watched this documentary about "Nasubi", a guy who had entered a Japanese game show where he was required to live naked in a one-room studio, and the only way he could ever leave or get his clothes back, was to enter sweepstakes contests published in magazines. He had to win enough prizes to get out. Except, the show had become so popular, that the producers didn't want the show to end. So, just when he thought he had finally won enough prizes, the producers forced into another challenge, denying him his clothes and freedom. So, he did everything they asked, and the show continued to air. Eventually, it went on for 15 months. Wikipedia link here...

Afterwards, he found that his body could no longer handle the clothing. He would get hot, sweaty, and itchy, and had to live naked for some time longer. He also had difficultly with conversation, mostly due to living solitary for 15 months. I had also heard of people who were raised as nudists, and also feeling confined and uncomfortable with clothing.

I don't want to put myself in a position of feeling hot, sweaty, and itchy from wearing clothing. But, I do want to shed my habits when it comes to clothing. Somehow, when I wake up in the morning, my first reaction is to reach for clothes. I still keep several t-shirts, and it's mostly because many of them bring back memories of where I bought them (a cool little bar in Minnesota, or an awesome brewery in Oregon, etc). Why do I always buy a t-shirt to remember a good time? Couldn't a taking a photo do just as well? But so far, after 17 days of total nudity, I have no laundry to do. I could get away with having only 3 t-shirts, perhaps?

The photo attached today is of the other RV parked nearby. When I say "nearby" I mean they are one mile away. I walked about 1/2 mile, and found a low-rise to stand on, enough to get a decent shot of their rig. Keep in mind, you can still barely see them in this photo...

This post was edited

I have more shirts than I need too. All of my ts and tanks and most of my polos are either of somewhere I've been or something either myself or one of the teams I follow has accomplished.

This post was edited

Days 18, 19, 20 - Still going strong, still staying naked. We got past a short but heavy deluge of rain a few days ago. Didn't get out much that day. The following day was not much better, still chilly and breezy. Today, I managed to go out for a 2 mile loop walk. Warmer today, and clear skies. Sun felt good.

I actually had a propane tank hit empty. It was the one feeding my trailer. So, it lasted 20 days. I just switched over to another one. I still have another tank currently connected to my portable radiant heater. Not sure how much is left in there, but there's still some left. I still have one more tank in waiting.

So after 20 days of total nudity, I can certainly sense a shift in my awareness. My conscience doesn't really tell me that I'm naked. I mean, if I think about it, I can feel that I'm naked, but otherwise, I've lost that alarm in my head that I should be looking around to see if anyone is watching. My skin feels different. I'm sure it's not physically different, but I'm just reading it differently. Or maybe, my brain has adjusted to accepting it as my new external boundary, and not clothing. I guess it's hard to explain.

Without clothing covering me, my hands touch my skin more often. My skin is fully exposed to the air, its temperature, the breeze... It seems like when I eat, I can feel very tiny pieces of food falling on my body that I would not have felt with clothes on. As I walk throughout the desert, I can feel the weak, faint string of web where a spider had caught a breeze and launched itself into the wind.

I wonder if skin has it's own awareness, aside from our brains. If you consider that skin is made up of cells, and brains are made up of cells, and cells are made up of elements and compounds. It's all the same stuff. So, if one were to permanently live without clothing, then would skin develop a keener awareness? Could it sense other objects, things moving around me, even without touching me?

The hair on our bodies, even the fine little peach fuzz, can be moved by the most subtle breeze, the faintest step of an insect's foot, the static charge building up in a nearby conductor. Perhaps clothing has dulled the senses of our body's largest organ. We are not aware of what we are not tuned into.

Attached photo is of my trailer with a sunset. Not a spectacular sunset, but still gives a perspective of what's around me...

This post was edited

Two-thirds of the way through your thirty day proposal! I bet youll make it - unless something weird happens. Im imagining scenarios but Ill keep my imaginings to myself.

Im really intrigued by the sensory changes you report as you are able to remain totally naked (except for shoes) for a longer and longer period of time. What you report seems consistent with my experience, though mine is limited to ten days naked at a naturist venue. But then it occurred to me: the difference between a naturist venue, where there a people in close proximity in various states of dress and nakedness, as opposed to a BLM location where you are essentially isolated. Being in a situation where you essentially lose consciousness of being naked because no one else is around might be different from being naked where youre surrounded by naked people, but in a gated community: does the open country vs. gated community make a difference?

And how would/will that sensory experience change when you finally have to go for water, propane and groceries? When Ive been without clothes even for only two or three days, my inclination is to stay naked for as long as possible after Ive gotten into the car and travelled a long way down the road.

This post was edited

Since my longest time nude is only 2 days and 3 nights, I can't comment on sensory changes when doing so. I do know that after several days shirtless or weeks without wearing long slacks, those states of dress become normal, and when I have to wear more, it doesn't seem right.

This post was edited