RE:Body image issues

This site is not nudism; it's the internet. Very few TN members have ever visited a resort or belonged to a club; most have never even been to free beach. No nudist venue has such a thing as "popularity." No nudist venue is so overwhelmingly male, unless it's specifically designated as such.

I think this is an accurate assessment of the majority of the people here fewer and fewer seem to be people who have experienced genuine social nudity as expressed in naturism.

This post was edited

Well... single males have been a problem for public nudist places for a reason. In fact, many resorts and clubs banned single males' participation. you can use common sense and figure out why this happens.

Oddly enough, the only occasion on which my wife has beenmade to feel uncomfortable from inappropriate male attention the person in question was with his wife.

This post was edited

Well... single males have been a problem for public nudist places for a reason. In fact, many resorts and clubs banned single males' participation. you can use common sense and figure out why this happens.

I've made mention of this in posts here before,but I'll say it again: In my experience, it's not the "single" male that is usually the problem, it's the "unaccompanied" male (i.e. married, but wifey is not with him at the moment) that causes the real problems. There have been exceptions of course. On the beach I frequented on Oahu, there was a guy that got great joy from sporting his erection in front of the ladies, yet he couldn't understand why the one club on the island ejected him.

John aka cobeachbum (One of those single guys that gets banned for no good reason).

This post was edited

This site is not nudism; it's the internet. Very few TN members have ever visited a resort or belonged to a club; most have never even been to free beach. No nudist venue has such a thing as "popularity." No nudist venue is so overwhelmingly male, unless it's specifically designated as such.

On the other hand, when I do go to my favorite nudist resort, Cypress Cove, I ask the people I meet if they are on True Nudist and almost all of them tell me the've never heard of it. I find that very interesting.

This post was edited

This site is not nudism; it's the internet. Very few TN members have ever visited a resort or belonged to a club; most have never even been to free beach. No nudist venue has such a thing as "popularity." No nudist venue is so overwhelmingly male, unless it's specifically designated as such.On the other hand, when I do go to my favorite nudist resort, Cypress Cove, I ask the people I meet if they are on True Nudist and almost all of them tell me the've never heard of it. I find that very interesting.

We've not only encountered the same thing at our club and resorts but within our own circle of close nudist friends, none of them, especially the women, have anything to do with online nudism. My close nudist guy friends, their husbands, have never heard of TN either and don't participate in online nudist discussions. They've asked me for website addresses and I've sent them to them but they really aren't interested.

I've explained what it is I do here and why I'm here and what they've said is, "if there's something we need to know or of a place we need to visit, we'll just get the information from you!" ;DDD Having said that, I/we are ALWAYS the ones to research, find and book our nudist gatherings with this group. Honestly, we do the same for our textile friends for our textile outings! hahahahaha

This post was edited

There's a fair number from this site we've met on Bare Necessities nude cruises, so we know there are some actual nudists on this site. But if I look through the members list for our local clubs on this site there are very few that I can say I've actually seen at any of the clubs in person.

This post was edited

I can say I've actually met three people in in real life that are here on TN (and know a forth, but she hasn't logged on in years and I knew her long before TN even existed). We met by letting each other know our plans (one at Forty Acre Club in Missouri, and the other two at Valley View Hot Springs in Colorado), so there are some on here.

My general rule to separate the real from the fake is certification in the beginning, but I also realize that not everyone is comfortable with that so I will also take into account their participation and the type of posts they make. I also usually discard those that can figure out how to post pictures (presumably of them) but can't/won't certify. It's pretty easy to spot the fakes, and it amazes me the number of people that "friend" them thinking they're real.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

It's pretty easy to spot the fakes, and it amazes me the number of people that "friend" them thinking they're real.John aka cobeachbum

I wonder the same thing. The young single women advertising their nude picture web sites should be a clue but people still become friends with them.

This post was edited

It's pretty easy to spot the fakes, and it amazes me the number of people that "friend" them thinking they're real.John aka cobeachbumI wonder the same thing. The young single women advertising their nude picture web sites should be a clue but people still become friends with them.

Some people on here seem desperate for some kind of connection mainly sexual and they bite at any opportunity for that.

This post was edited