Nudism and coronavirus

I have heard a lot of conspiracy theories lately. People tend to believe a lot of crazy things. Haven't heard anyone spreading a rumour that home nudity (following all sanitary instructions, ofcourse) actually protects against the coronavirus.

This topic was edited
RE:Nudism and coronavirus

Stay at Home. Its not a rumour. Its the only way to beat this.

The only silver lining for us is, a lot less laundry.

This post was edited

Indeed, but not yet. Laundry is cheaper than heating he house.

This post was edited

Guess what...
home nudity (following all sanitary instructions, ofcourse) actually protects against the coronavirus.
I read on the Internet so it must be true!

There, the rumor is started! I couldnt resist :D
Im sure many get started this way by taking things out of context.

This post was edited

When Life Deals You A Lot Of Lemons, Make Lemonaide!

This is a great time to get your shy friends and acquaintances to give nudism a try. They can go out wearing a mask, sunglasses, a large hot and nothing else and no one will know who they are. Completely anonymous.

This post was edited

Guess what...home nudity (following all sanitary instructions, ofcourse) actually protects against the coronavirus.I read on the Internet so it must be true!There, the rumor is started! I couldnt resist :DIm sure many get started this way by taking things out of context.

We need to add a few authoritative medical theories, so that one or two will stick. Ambient light is adequate to kill the virus with the length of exposures provided by continual nudity, even inside the body. (Shine a flashlight into your mouth in the dark to verify how deeply light penetrates.) Naturally-produced vitamin D in the skin kills the virus. Oxygen kills the virus, nudity promotes oxygenation of the body. Google it!

Likewise a few social theories. As suggested by President Trump. The medical-industrial complex doesn't want you to know this.

Some evidence. The naked Jains in India are not succumbing to the disease. AANR reports low illness rates among its members.

A video. We need a video.

And, of course, monetization. Always the hardest part for nudists - how do we make money from taking our clothes off? People are flocking to the safety of nudist resorts. Order your whole-body oxygenating cream. UV disinfection lamp... oh, wait, they're already pushing that one on my facebook feed.

I read it on the internet, so it must be true. I read it on the internet so it must be true. Repeat.

This post was edited

"home nudity (following all sanitary instructions, ofcourse) actually protects against the coronavirus."
If only 1 anonymous internet user came up with this, I'd suspect a fabrication. But I have seen where TWO independent anonymous internet posters said this! (And a 3rd person, the OP to this discussion, sorta kinda said it too!) So it is taking on an air of authenticity. (Or at least a whiff of an air of possibility.) Plus, with social distancing, how are authorities going to arrest you if they cannot get within 6 feet of you?

This post was edited

I love the way all of you address this thread. Living in Greece, a country that scores very well during the first half of the game, I'll keep you informed when they announce regulations for our summer holidays and beach/swimming faux pas.

This post was edited

Well, with all these confirmations, I think we're ready for an editorial in Nature (perfectly named journal, no?). Who wants to be lead author?

This post was edited

Interestingly I saw part of a report on the national news (I thinkNBC) where they were at a facility where they are doing all sorts of testing to see how long the virus lives in different environments. They have a chamber where they can emulate just about any climate. Anyway,one finding is that the virus does not survive direct sunlight very long. Unfortunately I did not catch the details. Something that depending on the specifics, could lead to something like get some naked sun exposure to reduce the chance of exposure (to the virus).

Now I need to find time to research those findings and any that might confirm or deny them.

This post was edited

Sunlight certainly kills viruses and bacteria on surfaces and in the air, and for that reason likely makes outdoor transmission less likely than indoor transmission. But - seriously now, lest the joke run away with us - once coronavirus has made it to a mucous membrane, sun can't kill it without also killing the part of the body on which it lies, starting with the human immune cells, which are particularly sensitive.

This post was edited