RE:I may sound boring but...

The argument that they are taking up server space is ridiculous. As as a former computer consultant that worked on systems and databases I would estimate those four games probably take about oneto two megabytes of disk space. Thats the only real server impact they would have. Whereas the hundreds and hundreds of threads and posts about getting an erection probably have a much higher impact using more disk space And causing the server to have to index and maintain all those topics.

The games dont bother me at all and I participate here and there and did a lot more a few years ago. When I login I go to forums and then newest so I can see all the topics that have been updated Since I was last on Ignoring four items is not that hard.

This post was edited

I think it's probably obvious to many that such threads don't take up anywhere near as much space as all the dead and fake profiles on here.

Maybe it would be better though to avoid accusations of people wanting to judge people. That's not quite the same thing as having an opinion on a matter. The OP's original post does sound like he's a little exasperated at the amount of such threads, or rather their length, and to a degree I can see why. At the same time, they are easy to avoid. But when we go down the road (here and in other threads recently) of using loaded language like "he's judging" then it often just seems to turn into personal attacks and arguments rather than positive discussion. Reading the original post, I can't really see anything that is judgemental, unless you choose to read that into what he's saying for the sake of making/advancing a point that isn't there.

This post was edited

I think it's probably obvious to many that such threads don't take up anywhere near as much space as all the dead and fake profiles on here.

That's something I agree with. I for one, enjoy the song title thread. It keeps me looking back in my music collection, to remind me of things that I may not have heard in a while. It also gives me suggestions for new music.

However, I don't know how many times I get a like posted to my profile. It's almost always from an allegedly young female, with a photo of a very attractive picture and a link to a sex site listed in their profile.

I don't have a picture in my profile, and I clearly have my age listed as 63. I am reasonably sure, that there's nothing that would attract nearly exclusive attention from young females. I flag each and every one that encounter. I feel, that does more for the forum than worrying about a few members enjoying a few word games.

This post was edited