DesertRat is Back.

Hi,
A few years ago, I was quite active on this site until I had to reduce my involvement to spend more time taking care of my wife's needs. She had begun to show signs of dementia. After undergoing a series of medical and mental tests, we were given the diagnosis of Alzheimers. As her needs increased, I, as her primary caregiver, had to take an increasing amount of time to see to those needs. Among the things that had to be put on a back burner were my involvement on this site and my regular visits to our local nudist resort.
During this time, many individuals on this site noticed my absence and wrote inquiring about my well being. I want to thank all those who wrote and offered their encouragement.
My wife's illness has now progressed to the point that keeping her at home was no longer an option for me. She now resides in a facility for Alzheimers patients. I'm not that happy that I had to put my wife in such a place, but the facts could not be denied and I had to do what needed to be done.
I now have a little more time to enjoy other activities and my nudist activities are number one on my list. I still have obligations in taking care of my wife, but things are much easier and less stressful now. Hopefully in the future, you'll see my name popping up on this site more often.
DesertRat

This topic was edited
RE:DesertRat is Back.

welcome back.

i am sorry that your wife, and you are going through this very difficult condition.

This post was edited

I'm sorry for your situation. I am glad you're able to return here though.

This post was edited

I applauded yo desertRat for taking care of your wife for as long as you did. I know making the decision to relocate her was a hard one but it is better for the both of you.

Welcome back!

This post was edited

Glad to see youre back. I can only imagine the difficulty of dealing with a spouse with Alzheimers, but I know how hard it is to come to the realization you can no longer care for her and you have to put her in a nursing home. The worst day of my life was when I did so. The second worst day came only a few weeks later when she died. Life can be a real struggle sometimes. Hang in there.

This post was edited

DesertRat
Welcome back. I cant even begin to imagine the pain youve been going through dealing with your wifes Alzheimers. It really shows the quality and strength of your character in taking care of your wife as you have and making the tough decisions that were best for her. I pray for you both that you get whatever is needed to provide the best care and ease your pain.

This post was edited

[I have no idea how to change this "Textile" thing next to my name]

Play the endless/mindless word games that are always at the top of the forums when sorted to newest. You'll be a super nudist in now time.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited