My time.

My time is to focus on me. Yes I do reflect the past. But now I have focus on me. Ok you get the picture. I enjoy being a nudist. But I find myself where and how. My living conditions is that I take care of my father whom his health is not good. The house is not so big. But big enough for the both of us. We're on a 4.5 acres property and a great back yard looking into the forest. Oh yeah. Have a nice deck. My Dad and I at this time are making amends to each other. More so to as well as him. We lost touch with each other for 28 years. So you can only imagine two strangers getting to know each other. Hmm. Well at this point of time my dad said me... I want to get to know you so please do not leave anything out. Hmm. Do I dare. I'm the type that will tell you the truth with no shame. Know why?? Excepting of myself. So told my father which he's not only one knows that I am a nudist. First thing that came out of his mouth was please don't do it in front of me. So I repected that. I'm fine with that. So he knows at the back deck that I sun bath. He's respecting me. Also I know when he's not roaming around the house. I can be me. As for back yard. Yes I roam. It's great!

This topic was edited
RE:My time.

We struggled with a similar issue a few years ago. My MIL was not in good health and we were wondering what to do. My wife's siblings discussed a convalescent home but having had many, many dealings with most, I suggested she come live with us. My wife reminded me that it would really disrupt our lifestyle. I grappled with that for a while but she passed before those decisions had to be made. Friends of ours were in the same boat and a 2-3 month stay with their mother/mother in law turned into 3+ years. It really took a toll on their lives and marriage. It's a real life changing adjustment but one that, sometimes, needs to be done.

This post was edited

Mom stayed with us for a month last winter after a knee replacement. So it was not that bad, I just wore a pair of loose sweatpants and told her if the computer room door was closed I'd be naked ;-) But she knew long ago about me being naked most of the time. I (jokingly) said you have seen me naked before ;-) She said "yes that was 50+ years ago when I had to supervise your bath, and have no desire to see it again" ;-)

We also had the FIL move in with us 15 years ago, after his wife (Sara) passed. At 84 he just lost the will to live without her and passed after 6 months. It was a learning experience helping him with showers and daily life, mortality and what is to come wise.

After seeing what the nursing homes are like, we have NO regrets about our decision to have them here.

This post was edited

It's important to have me time and to have these private times & places, maybe to compartmentalise parts of our lives as none of us know what the future holds. My elderly father (95) dies late last year, my wife was diagnosed with cancer not long after and has been having treatment since, then my younger brother died in late May. We don't know what is coming and who knew CV would impact the world as it has. Me time is important for us all I think to be ourselves and take time out.

This post was edited