Vote for World Nude Day!

There doesn't seem to be a clearly defined date for World Nude Day. Many google searches put it at Feb 6th. I don't know who decided that. It's fantastic for those of us at the bottom of the world (pardon the pun) but not so friendly a date for the northern hemisphere.
Since there are about 70,000 nudists on this site surely we can all vote on a date that's just right for everyone.
I propose a date that everyone from here on in can remember. The northern hemisphere vernal equinox on or around March 20th this year (depending which year it could be March 21st) would be a perfect celebration for nudists to welcome the warmer spring weather.
Before I get slammed by those south of the equator, like myself, I was thinking democratically, there is a higher population in the northern hemisphere.
What does everyone else think?

This topic was edited
day

every day is nude world day

This post was edited
RE: day

There is a World Naked Gardening Day - - this year May 7th -- and National Nude Weekend, this year, July 9-10.

This post was edited
RE: Vote for World Nude Day!

Yes the start of springtime, would be the ideal time for many,but we do often get cold wintery weather in early spring. Perhaps the summer would be more acceptable to most people.( Even better, Every day should be world nude day )
I guess I suggested the equinox because it suits people on both sides of the planet. The night and day are equal. It's real easy to remember too. When it's summer it's winter somewhere.
Maybe one day in utopia they will have world wearing clothes day and the rest will be naked!

This post was edited
i have a feeling

I have a feeling Feb. 6 was chosen by non-nudists to give us a national day where it would be too cold in most of the world for us to go nude anyplace but in a closed building, where thay would not have to observe us Bad non- nudists, bad non-nudists!

This post was edited
RE: day

Both are great days to celebrate, is there going to be a 2011 skinny dip event this year?

AANR is taking a break from the feat. However, Travelites will again be offering the annual canude trip. We won't have to stop at any specific time for skinnydipping but at our own pace.

This post was edited
RE: i have a feeling

I too like the idea of the 1st day of spring, but some years that still may be a challenge in the northern-most parts of the US, as it can be pretty cool or down-right cold still. Might be better to align it to the first day of summer - June 20th or 21st depending on the year.

This post was edited

June in Australia? Brrrrrr
Believe it or not... it's not always warm and sunny here.

This post was edited

June in Australia? Brrrrrr Believe it or not... it's not always warm and sunny here.
There will always be that problem, any day that will be certain to be hot in one hemisphere means it will probably be cold in the other. I think the first day of spring or fall would be the best compromise.

This post was edited

June in Australia? Brrrrrr Believe it or not... it's not always warm and sunny here.
There will always be that problem, any day that will be certain to be hot in one hemisphere means it will probably be cold in the other. I think the first day of spring or fall would be the best compromise.
Some weird facts about the Vernal Equinox on March 20th. It is the Burning of the Socks Festival, World Citizens Day, World Storytelling Day and once celebrated as Earth Day. I think all nudist citizens of the world could tell stories of burning ALL their clothes on that day! He He

This post was edited

We shall be there in spirit for a naked day whereever it is. As mothernature awakes to give 'ol man winter his sleeptime.

This post was edited