Parallel Societies

Here is a thought experiment. Suppose you have two identical societies located in a warm climate somewhere. Everything is the same except one society has attitudes and laws related to clothing like the society we currently live in. The second society does not have these attitudes and laws and because of the climate, clothes are rarely worn. Which society would have the higher crime rate and why? What other ancillary differences would there be?

This topic was edited
RE:Parallel Societies

In theory, there shouldn't be much difference. At least not in the crime rate.

This post was edited

On the theory that most criminals are simply people who are angry at their binding underwear, Im sure the nudist society would have a much lower crime rate!

This post was edited

My thought was that because of the lack of concealment, both physically and the mental effect of not concealing the body, person on person crime would be reduced. In addition, it would be a more civil society. I think that is a good assumption when nudity is not the norm. If nudity was the norm, may be people would act pretty much as they do now. I would like to think not. The non-nudist would likely say that sex crime would go up. I think most nudists would argue the opposite.

This post was edited

I often dreamed of a society like that, free from guilt and repression. I wrote a short novel about an island where everybody lived naked and free, living with nature, called 'Someday'.

This post was edited

Maybe if we started teaching children about consent younger, doesn't have to be in a sexual context even, it would help decrease sex crimes.
Been a long time since I was in school. And I know they don't teach a lot of what they used to. So I'll need to ask, do they still teach the "Golden Rule" to little kids? And not just run it past them but actually jam it into their little skulls somehow? Isn't that basically the same thing as teaching kids about consent?

This post was edited

if the mindset is "well i want it, so that means they do to."
Good point.

This post was edited

@davesmooth Your short novel would be very interesting to read.

This post was edited

Hi Jock! It's available from eXtasy books.com, and Amazon, in paperback and e-book form.
SOMEDAY by Luke N Glass, ISBN: 978-1-4874-2052-9
I've resumed writing the sequel, slowly!

This post was edited

This is kind off on topic. Just read Mirror Earth. It is not a great work of literature, but a fun read. Parallel Earths connect, ours and a more utopian Earth where clothes are just not a thing. The people that travel there have to adapt to nudity, and the ones that travel here don't adapt so well, but influence their handlers turning them to nudism. A good fantasy.

This post was edited

Just read Mirror Earth.
Is that by PZ Walker? I looked on Amazon and found Book 2 of 3 (Mirror Earth Revisted) and Book 3 of 3 (Mirror Earth Network) but I haven't found Mirror Earth yet. I'm assuming it would be Book 1 of 3. I wonder what the heck's up with that??

This post was edited