Paid Membership

I recently decided to become a paid member and paid the life time fee.
My payment status says lifetime but I am unable to access any of the paid membership privileges.
Does anyone know if this just takes a few days or if it is some sort of problem?

This topic was edited
RE:Paid Membership

Have you logged out of the site then logged back in? From what I recall, the site doesnt always recognize your state change for the current login session.

This post was edited

Thanks. Works now.

This post was edited

I'm wondering about the value of a paid membership. Does what you get make it worth it? Are you glad you have the paid membership?

This post was edited

I'm wondering about the value of a paid membership. Does what you get make it worth it? Are you glad you have the paid membership?

The main "value" is greater access to media. Since I am mainly here for conversation, it is not worth much to me. I did it more of a matter of fairness. Since I am an active member, I should contribute financially to the operation of the board.

This post was edited

This is the second spell I have been on this site, I dropped off for a few months earlier this year. I did end up paying during my first spell but honestly felt I got nothing extra of value by paying. I could access thousand of photos, never looked at them. Could see who had looked at my profile, if they hadnt made contact so what? I could look at more than two cameras in chat, rare event if even two people chatting with me had cameras on.
Really all you get is the feeling you are doing what is right. IMHO they should make ability to view and broadcast cameras in chat a paid for feature. Text chat is free, cameras cost. That is a feature that might well make some more people pay for membership.

This post was edited

What I found interesting is how minimalist 75 could go from "Textile" to "Super Nudist" in just a couple of posts. Is that status another perk of full membership?

This post was edited

What I found interesting is how minimalist 75 could go from "Textile" to "Super Nudist" in just a couple of posts. Is that status another perk of full membership?The membership has nothing to do with the super nudist status, that status is achieved when you have posted 2000 posts.

And you will see in some areas, it never updates past "Textile", like the "Most active Users" list on the home page when you login.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Thanks. I was wondering about that.
I have been ultra for over a year and am approaching 4000 posts.

This post was edited

I took on paid membership because the site has to be funded somehow, and thankfully without adverts. Yes the main benefit is being able to see all the media posted, whereas free members are limited to very small numbers.

Status is down to the number of posts. I'm at 5800. But an initial post in marked as Textile, regardless of status.

This post was edited

ollygrumps writes

Status is down to the number of posts. I'm at 5800. But an initial post in marked as Textile, regardless of status.

Ah. That explains why the same poster was listed in two categories. But how do I get a count of my posts? There doesn't seem to be a method to do so on my profile page.

This post was edited