RE:Should people be taking your picture?

Exactly.Anyone who has a problem with being photographed on the beach, should stay away from public places.How can someone be a nudist/naturist out on a clothing-optional beach and also be concerned about being photographed? Either you do not have shameful parts or you do have shameful parts -- can't have it both ways.

We live in a society where the powers that be in certain professions such as teaching (where the teacher is required to be pure as the driven snow - whatever that means is defined by parents and school administrators) will take action against anyone who appears in a nude photo. Don't believe me then ask any teacher who was fired because students found a nude photo and circulated it among themselves. There are many teachers (especially during the Summer months off) who frequent nude beaches because they personally enjoy nudism but are also very concerned about one of their students discovering them on the beach and snapping a photo of them. No one ever questions why the students were on the beach in the first place because students are always innocent. It is always the teachers who should know better. Being nude on a beach is certainly considered to be 'immoral' by our hypocritical society.

This post was edited

As a Nudist you should be proud of your Naked body no matter what shape or size it is. I have no issue with people photographing me in the Nude, they are more than welcome if they really want to.

As someone else said earlier in this discussion if you have a problem with it, stay away from public spaces or beaches.

This post was edited

I understand what you're saying.

We live in a society where the powers that be in certain professions such as teaching (where the teacher is required to be pure as the driven snow - whatever that means is defined by parents and school administrators) will take action against anyone who appears in a nude photo. Don't believe me then ask any teacher who was fired because students found a nude photo and circulated it among themselves. There are many teachers (especially during the Summer months off) who frequent nude beaches because they personally enjoy nudism but are also very concerned about one of their students discovering them on the beach and snapping a photo of them. No one ever questions why the students were on the beach in the first place because students are always innocent. It is always the teachers who should know better. Being nude on a beach is certainly considered to be 'immoral' by our hypocritical society.
And, unfortunately, it's entirely true.

If this is the case for someone (and I know several people in this situation -- none of them teachers), they had best stay off clothing-optional beaches. Truly, it is unfortunate, but it's the reality we have to live with.

Accommodating Sexual Perversion

This post was edited

Something else that is true is that if on a beach wearing a swimsuit that does not meet community standards because it might be too brief will cause as much trouble as nudity. Behaviors of others can also generate a lost job for a teacher. I know of a case where a teacher was in a restaurant with a bar. Another person physically attacked, the teacher was arrested, and even though there were no charges brought against the teacher when the case was investigated, the teacher was given a new assignment where he had no contact with students. The job was then so mundane that early retirement was the result and that cut his income substantially.

This post was edited

The problem is you'll never know: a) what their intentions are to do with the photos and b) whether they are on wide shot or zoomed on you (or another individual).

I experienced this problem earlier this year and was made to feel very uncomfortable as the young male taking the photo in my direction clearly worked out at the gym, had an aggressive stance and generally had a 'don't fuck with me attitude'...

And I come back to why my wife doesn't participate in the nude community - dickheads taking photos at beaches...

This post was edited

I had an experience a few years ago at my favourite CO beach. A woman (clothed) was walking along the beach with a SLR camera with a large telephoto lens. She seemed to take photo's of the cliffs but she also focussed and seemed to take photo's of 2 naked guys further along the beach from me. They were not doing anything you shouldn't at a public beach so they were not doing anything wrong, this is a CO beach. She kept walking further but when she returned I approached her and called out not to take photo's of people at the beach without their permission, she called back F... Off. I may have been in the wrong in hindsight. When we are at the beach we are in public and anyone can potentially take our photo. I personally don't think they should, but how do you stop that. Hard to argue privacy, we are naked in public, putting our bodies out there.

This post was edited

As you say, hard to call for privacy when you are in a public place, as for people taking photos, we'll, it's a public place so you can't stop them, in the same way as no one can insist you cover up because it's legally clothing optional,.. As for where the pictures end up, probably on Facebook or some such place, which might be a concern for some people, but I think the vast majority of people would not be bothered or at all surprised to see there were naked people at a Co beach,!! Just as it would be no surprise to see people in swimming trunks at the pool, but if you were in the middle of town.... Both would be seen as inappropriate, I think context would make it acceptable in most people's eyes..

This post was edited