Danish educational TV showing imperfect naked bodes

In an effort to counteract the effects of constant media exposure to "perfect" bodies, the Danes have put a variety of naked bodies on stage for a sex-ed show aimed at students just entering adolescence, with the audience invited to ask questions. They seem to be careful to avoid creating problematic imagery - the camera never shows one of the naked adults in the same shot as a student audience member, for example. Pretty bold, but it addresses a problem many of us have commented on.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/18/world/europe/denmark-children-nudity-sex-education.html

This topic was edited
RE:Danish educational TV showing imperfect naked bodes

Thanks for posting this link. Interesting, I think I would have benefited greatly from such a program 58 years ago. A safe environment. I was not a very adventurous kid, but a good learner.

This post was edited
RE:Danish educational TV showing imperfect naked bodes

A number of years ago I saw something similar on Youtube. It was British, and the boy's and girl's were a bit older. The adults were shown men in one group then women. The men were a mix of growers and showers, what surprise me was they then showed the men erect, erections were straight curved left and right and up. Throughout the show the host talked about the differences and explained that they were all normal, our bodies are like our faces. Made of the same parts, but slightly different. In interviews afterward the youngsters said they felt better about themselves, and had be better understanding of the opposite sex.

This post was edited